To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: CANADA
    • Mar 15th 2019

Fountains Of Wayne
    Garth Brooks
    ABBA
    CW McCall
    Gordon Lightfoot
    Belinda Carlisle
    Norman Greenbaum
    Fine Young Cannibals
    Europe
    Blow Up Your Video
    Fly on the Wall
    Carlos, Fleetwood Mac is another one. Why would they be a guilty pleasure? Aren't they considered a classic band by almost everyone?
    Posted By: ShootToThrillCarlos, Fleetwood Mac is another one. Why would they be a guilty pleasure? Aren't they considered a classic band by almost everyone?

100 % Agree about Fleetwood Mac - and nor are Oasis a guilty pleasure - those first two albums were fucking fantastic - good time rock n roll with attitude to spare with tunes the whole world could (and did) hum. Won’t defend INXS though - gave Kick a spin the other day and it sounded horribly dated with thin, piss weak production.
    And on what planet are Depeche Mode a guilty pleasure?? Violator was one of most acclaimed an respected albums of the 1990s.
    Posted By: ShootToThrillCarlos, Fleetwood Mac is another one. Why would they be a guilty pleasure? Aren't they considered a classic band by almost everyone?

Yep agree. Fleetwood Mac are NOT a guilty pleasure. Just a great fucking band!
    I like country music.

My very first cassette, yes cassette, was actually RUN-DMC's Raising Hell. I don't listen to rap but I liked them and always will.

I don't mind listening to Adele. Harry Styles' Sign Of The Times is a song I really like.
    To be fair, and this is the truth, I don’t feel guilty one little bit. If I like it, it’s not something I’d be coy about. I’ve got fucking Morris Dancing albums and a collection of Ukrainian folk tunes on repeat right now. Don’t give a fuck, man.
    Is Mull of Kintyre a guilty pleasure?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Mar 17th 2019

Posted By: tomscotlandTo be fair, and this is the truth, I don’t feel guilty one little bit. If I like it, it’s not something I’d be coy about. I’ve got fucking Morris Dancing albums and a collection of Ukrainian folk tunes on repeat right now. Don’t give a fuck, man.

I mostly agree. I don't know if there's really such a thing as a guilty pleasure in music, but the closest thing I could think of is music that has no 'nutritional value'. It's manufactured, it's shallow, but it's catchy.

Speaking of music with no nutritional value, the Fast Food Song gets stuck in my head from time to time -

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • Mar 17th 2019

I really like 70's disco and funk, also starting to get into western and outlaw country.

However 97% of the time I'm still listening to rock, mainly AC/DC
    Pussy and Pepsi Max.

Oh music;
    Fleetwood mac
    Vinnie Vincent invasion
    Bee gees
    Mjackson
    Mc hammer
    Dr alban
    Meatloaf
    2unlimited
    Salt n pepa
    Dire straits
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • Mar 17th 2019

So judging by some replies, if it's not rock or metal it's a guilty pleasure.
    The 1975 - Inventive and sometimes you just have to look past the whole 'omg they are so pretentious!' side of things and just enjoy music for what it is

Tim Hecker - in a way, this isn't a guilty pleasure. I find ambient music amazing and he encapsulates the best of the genre.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Mar 17th 2019 edited

Posted By: Grim177So judging by some replies, if it's not rock or metal it's a guilty pleasure.

Well, you did have the guy above you post Vinnie Vincent Invasion, and he's probably correct in doing so... but I think the idea is that we are all AC/DC fans so we like hard rock and that sort of thing. If you're over on Enyafans.net, then AC/DC may be seen as a guilty pleasure.

All you guys who feel so much pride in every one of your musical choices, I'd like to see you show up at an AC/DC concert wearing a shirt with this on it.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Meanstreak
    • Mar 17th 2019 edited

Would it be considered a guilty pleasure watching Aldo Nova disembark from a chopper, wearing a full blown leopard outfit? Btw, Where can you get something like that? E-bay?

• AC/DC rock music: Rickshaw1
    • Mar 17th 2019 edited

Avril Lavigne
    Cinderella
    •  
    • Mar 17th 2019 edited

Posted By: MeanstreakWould it be considered a guilty pleasure watching Aldo Nova disembark from a chopper, wearing a full blown leopard outfit? Btw, Where can you get something like that? E-bay?

Man, that video was an MTV staple. I probably saw that twice a day for 6 months straight. I still kinda like the album. : )

Another top quality Aldo song and video:

•  
    • Mar 17th 2019

Ooooh, I may need to add Slaughter to my list. I think I still like that first album.

Whiskey
    Gin
    Vodka
    Posted By: Inferno
    Posted By: MeanstreakWould it be considered a guilty pleasure watching Aldo Nova disembark from a chopper, wearing a full blown leopard outfit? Btw, Where can you get something like that? E-bay?

Man, that video was an MTV staple. I probably saw that twice a day for 6 months straight. I still kinda like the album. : )

Another top quality Aldo song and video:

I didn't see his videos at that time, but I liked his two albums, the latest album then, was that including Monkey On Your Back. Copied them on cassette from a friend. His guitar solos are fiery.
    Posted By: Brads AC/DC

Yep agree. Fleetwood Mac are NOT a guilty pleasure. Just a great fucking band!

Fair point and Oasis 7 Depeche Mode as well. Not quite sure where my head was at with those 3!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Mar 18th 2019

If Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham, coked out of their minds, essentially screaming the lyrics of The Chain at one another, basically living out the song, isn't a classic RnR moment, I don't know what is.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • Mar 18th 2019

Depeche Mode 101 is a superb live album.

Delete.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to derail the thread with my AC/DC guilty pleasures!

Here's a real one, or is it?