To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: malgus73
    • Mar 12th 2019

Really cool video from Scott Ian:

https://www.facebook...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Mar 12th 2019

:)
    Did he survive?
    Well, that was fun!
    ok lets do it for real
    I'm a thrash fan from the early 80s but really don't like Scott Ian, his love for AC/DC notwithstanding.

The vid did nothing for me. Would rather look at the IFYWB album cover in silence and just smile and reflect.
    •  
    • Mar 13th 2019

Posted By: Bedlam_in_TorontoI'm a thrash fan from the early 80s but really don't like Scott Ian, his love for AC/DC notwithstanding.

The vid did nothing for me. Would rather look at the IFYWB album cover in silence and just smile and reflect.

Is it him as a person or as a musician that you don't like?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Mar 13th 2019

Super fucking cool.

He's the man.
    Posted By: malgus73
    Posted By: Bedlam_in_TorontoI'm a thrash fan from the early 80s but really don't like Scott Ian, his love for AC/DC notwithstanding.

Is it him as a person or as a musician that you don't like?

Person. He's a very good thrash rhythm player. Obnoxious troll with a short-man complex. Has treated some past band members very badly and has made very shitty comments about certain members that he later does a 180 on. I've followed this band since the 80s.

And he thinks he's the fucking lead singer, constantly talking to the crowd while the singer Joey (John Bush in the past) hangs out awkwardly. Don't even get me started on his social media where he does restaurant reviews and such.

Shut the fuck up and play your guitar.
    Of note about Anthrax, the fucking drummer writes all or the vast majority of the music. Not Ian.

Imagine Phil Rudd writing all the AC/DC riffs. Pretty mind blowing. Kudos to the drummer, and a "what the fuck are you doing with your free time" to Scott Ian. Writing restaurant reviews and talking shit about people is thirsty work, I guess.
    •  
    • Mar 14th 2019

Oh, ok, I didn't know any of that. I have only met him once and he was really nice.
    Posted By: malgus73Oh, ok, I didn't know any of that. I have only met him once and he was really nice.

he could be.

I tend to look for the worst in people. Like Bruce Dickinson, Scott Ian, my ex wife.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Mar 15th 2019

Nah he's a tosser.
    • AC/DC rock music: Roym0762
    • Mar 15th 2019

I've read his book and he seems to be a complete cunt
    ^^^ Thanks for the validation, guys!
    •  
    • Mar 15th 2019

I guess I was just lucky when I met him then :)
    Always thought he was a maniac.
    Cool video. He is obviously a big fan.
    His band must be one of the most overrated of all time.
    Posted By: MeanstreakHis band must be one of the most overrated of all time.

They've got some good stuff (I felt the John Bush era was more organic) but at their worst I find them very "mechanical" and lacking in real feeling. And a weird dynamic with Joey's Journey-wannabe vocals (he seriously loves Journey) and the robotic riffing.

The best of Metallica blows away Anthrax. How many "classic" Anthrax riffs can most metal fans name? Play that game with Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer...