To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

Anyone know anything about it?

https://www.facebook...

•  
      AC/DC rock music: SHOO23L
    • Mar 11th 2019

As far as I know, Cliff used the 4-Pro, not the 2-Pro. Cosmetically, the easiest way to tell the difference in a photo is the placement of the on/off switch, on the 4-Pro it's to the right of the Ampeg script on the front face, not below it)

If it was Cliff's, the road case would have some sort of identifiable band marking, too.

I'm not saying that this wasn't played by Cliff; I just don't see anything to say that it definitely was one of his. Grabbing the serial number and tracing it through Ampeg would be a starting point.
    • AC/DC rock music: beanofire
    • Mar 12th 2019 edited

Yep, it was one of Cliff's.

Item 1621 was put on the rear by Geoff Banks for the BI tour carnet. Geoff lives in Nottingham and this guy was in a band that he knew well.

There were a few items that got sold off after the BI tour. Mainly amps, a few cabs. The bass player in Dirty DC uses an old set up of Cliff's too.

The proviso in the sale was that if it was resold, the seller shouldn't say that it was 'ex AC/DC' or the like.
    It says "bring a crane (it's heavier than a car)". Not so travel friendly for a regular guy I suppose.