To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: SHOO23L
    • Mar 10th 2019

Back when FTATR came out, I picked up a copy paid for with the few bucks saved from my paper route. Got it home and... it wasn't AC/DC on the album. The label was correct, but it was someone else's music. I didn't bother flipping it over before returning it for another copy, so I don't know if it was a pressing mistake on one side or an AC/DC label somehow ending up on someone else's album, which was then packaged in the gatefold.

Question: Is anyone here familiar with such a mis-label/mispressing? And if so, would you happen to know who's music was on the album?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Mar 10th 2019

I’m not aware of any mispressed LPs like you’ve described. There’s mispressed covers, but none that I know of featuring the wrong music.

Likely ultra rare whatever it is/was.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: SHOO23L
    • Mar 11th 2019

Posted By: bonlivesI’m not aware of any mispressed LPs like you’ve described. There’s mispressed covers, but none that I know of featuring the wrong music.

Posted By: bonlivesI’m not aware of any mispressed LPs like you’ve described. There’s mispressed covers, but none that I know of featuring the wrong music.

It likely wasn't mispressed (with AC/DC on one side and another band's music on the other) but most likely someone else's album labelled incorrectly with a FTATR label. In hindsight I should have kept it as an oddity, but 12-year-old me was broke and didn't think twice about returning it for another copy. :)