To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Mar 3rd 2019

Today marks the 10th birthday of ACDCfans.net.

I wanted to thank each and every one of you visiting the forum today, and those who for whatever reason no longer visit, for coming along on this wild ride and making this site what it is today.

In particular, a special thanks to the admins and mods who help keep the site ticking along; the members who contribute some really cool stuff (videos, covers, news, FB posts...) and every single member, past and present, who has contributed a post. It's been said many times before, but without you fine folk there is no ACDCfans.net. Through this forum I, and I know many others, have met and made lifelong friends in all corners of the globe, connected through our mutual love for music. To those I've met in person, thank you for your friendship - I hope our paths cross again one day.

Finally, thank you to AC/DC, the greatest rock band in the world and the sole reason this place exists.

Cheers everyone - here's to the next 10 years!

---------
    Feel free to post pics, screenshots of the site you might have snapped over the years, your best/funniest memories of the forum.

happy birthday to the fans site , here`s to many more cheers bonlives
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Mar 3rd 2019

Happy Birthday ACDCfans.net. Here’s a clip from the vaults from when the house band met up a few years ago that should probably have never seen the light of day. As it’s such a special occasion though...

•  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • Mar 3rd 2019

Thank you BL for all that you've done. It is a great escape, and I can't believe we've reached a decade here.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Mar 3rd 2019

Congrats on the 10th Anniversary! And Thank You to all the people keeping this site running!
    •  
    • Mar 3rd 2019

Thanks Jon, appreciate your support and help very much mate.
    •  
    • Mar 3rd 2019

@benji - thanks for sharing! It's still a crapload better than some covers on YouTube.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Mar 3rd 2019

For the last 4,5 years it has been the best family next to my own. Happy birthday to this great place!
    This forum has been a source of great enjoyment and escape for me over the last four years. I've met and interacted with a wide range of people, many of whom I now consider as friends. Thank you BL, what a great achievement this is.
    Been a great 9 years, never would have imagined the joy this place could bring when I joined back in 2010.

Appreciate all the good times had, cheers to you BL, and all you other folks. Been a wild ride.
    Thanks for having me as a member on this forum and allowing me to chat with other fans and share our passion that is AC/DC :-)
    Happy 10th Birthday ACDCfans.net :-)
    Good initiative and best meeting point and source for information on AC/DC!
    • AC/DC rock music: Big Rab
    • Mar 3rd 2019

I would be lost without this forum guys and it's always my go to visit. Thanks to all you mods and members for keeping the fire burning.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Mar 3rd 2019

Worst thread ever.

Only needs the ‘pilot’ to show up now to shit the place up forever.

Cuntz.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • Mar 3rd 2019

Here's to the forum, the boys and to us all!

My stint as a member has been quite brief, but fun. Since joining, I've enjoyed the discussions and jokes you guys bring every day! Well maybe except February... (kidding)
    Glad to be a part of the discussions, even so late in the game
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 42_39_56
    • Mar 3rd 2019

So...

I stumbled across this forum while I was frantically google searching for more information about Brian’s sudden departure. Needless to say, beyond grateful that I was able to join - I’m pretty sure this forum kept me (relatively) sane during that time. ;) Going from reminiscing about the past with the likes of 900, TryioToast and Bedlam (just to name a few) to being called some pretty epic names during that time when tensions were high (President of the Brian Johnson Rim Job Club by my buddy ACDCnut who is never going to live that one down!)
    I wouldn’t change any of it, including the arguments because at the end of the day we’re all here for the same reason - AC/DC. Which comes in a variety of lineups and band members, doesn’t it?

Being on here to share the excitement of Brian and Phil having been spotted in Vancouver with everyone is something I’ll never forget.
    There are way too many gifs, photos, stories and quotes to share but....

How does Brian like his steak?

Having a place where you are able to ask questions, participate in meaningful discussion (and even the not so meaningful discussions!) with knowledgeable and dedicated fans is something very special. Happy to be a part of the acdcfans.net family and congrats on 10 years.
    Happy Birthday you awesome fuckers
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Treehorn
    • Mar 3rd 2019

Can't believe I've been visiting this site for 6ish of those years. Remember finding fans.net and not even knowing what a forum was, it just always came up when I was looking up AC/DC news.

If it wasn't for this site and the help I got from other members, I'd never have bought my first Gretsch, or my second, put a band together, learned about string gauges and wound Gs, Schaller bridges, TV Jones... Made a few good friends on here, too, only wish I'd been on a few more meetups during ROB.

So thanks, Bonlives, mods, and other members. The wait is shite at the moment, but there's some great memories.
    Posted By: nitroangus23Been a great 9 years, never would have imagined the joy this place could bring when I joined back in 2010.

Appreciate all the good times had, cheers to you BL, and all you other folks. Been a wild ride.

I remember you joined like right after I did. Doesn't seem all that long ago really.
    Really doesn't, never thought I'd spend a decade posting anywhere online, yet here we are.

Really looking forward to this next project coming out...may just be the last hurrah.
    Going off of what 42 said, how did everyone find the forum?

One day I just wanted to see what the internet thought ACDC's best basslines were (I was and still am a huge Love Hungry Man fan, and the bass is a major reason why), so a google search led me to a thread about that very topic on this website, so I thought "why don't I get in on this". I was just discovering the post 1981 stuff at the time, so it seemed like a good time to join and get some recommendations and other opinions. No regrets.
    Happy birthday! This forum means a lot to me specially because of the House Band and all that sparked from it including meeting in person and making friends. Here's to 10 more!
    Wow, 10 years already. I remember casually browsing here for certain topics that showed up on google search.....finally made an account and was shocked to find everything I was looking for as a fan. This place is awesome, and all the cool people ive met along the way...including meeting a member at the Toronto show in 2015! Having the chance to be a part of the House Band was amazing.

This is a great place. Cheers bonlives
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Mar 4th 2019

Met some great people through this place!

And Jem.
    Good job to all you peeps running this site

Cheers!
    I was old when this forum started so fuck knows what that makes me now!

Well done bonlives!! I've met and broken bread with many fantastic people from this site, and it all has to do do with you setting setting up and keeping this place going.

Lets hope AC/DC give us one more go round!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Spellbound
    • Mar 4th 2019 edited

Thanks for everything Bonlives. In a world where proper discourse is lost, most music is shit, and people are stupid, thanks for setting up a website for people who “get it” when it comes to the band, as well as music as a whole.

I joined this website at a young age, probably around 13, not sure how long I’d stick around because most forums I went on usually died out within a couple years, even the popular ones! Yet, here I am 9 years later, celebrating the 10th anniversary of the site.

Special shout out to that “pilot” for making LA happen, and not being upset when being told I was a minor that snuck out from Florida all the way to LA just to leave the next morning. It still stands as one of the top 3 greatest nights of my entire fucking life. Looking forward to round 2 my man.

Thanks, Bonlives, this is a special place indeed.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: dt
    • Mar 4th 2019

Wow, 10 years anniversary, congratulations! I'm really glad I can be part of this forum. Been lurking for some time before joining officially in 2015. Thanks to Bonlives, mods and members, keep your great work.
    Cheers!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Mar 4th 2019

Thanks for creating this place, Bonlives!
    • AC/DC rock music: Drew1999
    • Mar 4th 2019

I found this site back in 2014 sometime before ROB came out, and shortly before I ended up in the hospital for about 6 weeks. The forum kept me sane during that 6 weeks - gave me something to think about other than the fact I almost died and had to have major surgery. By the end of the 6 weeks I was really hooked on the site and come back every day. Glad it's here.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Mar 4th 2019

Happy birthday! This is a great place and one of the few sites I visit pretty much on a daily basis. I learned a lot of cool stuff about band here and had some great discussions. Let's keep it going!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rikha
    • Mar 4th 2019

What an amazing site...happy 10th birthday! The best fan forum on the internet, no doubt. Keep it up!
    • AC/DC rock music: MGP
    • Mar 4th 2019

This Forum is needed. This band is needed. Thank you so much for having me along Bon Lives and everybody. . Both this place and ACDC keep me going in dark times and I cannot thank you enough. Bravo. xx
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jet1984
    • Mar 6th 2019 edited

I remember being "invited" to this forum back when it popped up thinking "this cannot compete with the rising power forum". 10 years later, look how right I was!

All kidding aside, thank you bonlives for creating this amazing sanctuary, this retreat for those of us who need a thundering A-chord every day, and a thread about the BUYV production every other.
    Met some fine people on here that for sure, and looking forward to the next 10 aswell! Cheers!
    Can we al take a moment to look back on when ROB was dropped in place of Play Ball on accident and how fucking mental that chat was?
    •  
    • Mar 6th 2019

@Jet1984 - I remember inviting you and thinking "I'm going to get me some Swiss chocolate out of this", how right I was.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jet1984
    • Mar 6th 2019

Posted By: bonlives@Jet1984 - I remember inviting you and thinking "I'm going to get me some Swiss chocolate out of this", how right I was.

Ha! I'm bringing some along if I make it across the 7 seas that separate us!
    Thanks to bonlives and Jem especially but also to all members. I can't believe a band I first was mesmerized by about 39 years ago still is so meaningful to me that I can talk about them — with people whom I've never met in person — several times a week.

This site is great and a testament to not only a one-of-kind band, but one-of-kind fans. I salute you.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Malcolm78
    • Mar 9th 2019 edited

I've been visiting this forum since 2010 and became a member in 2014. The most fun I had so far was last July/August when the Vancouver thing happend. Thanks a lot and for many more years yet to come!