To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

sorry if posted before just came across this

When I first saw the thread title I thought it was breaking news.....had a miniature heart attack.
    • AC/DC rock music: CANADA
    • Mar 3rd 2019

Great piece. I love stuff like this.
    • AC/DC rock music: Big Rab
    • Mar 3rd 2019

Fabulous stuff great stories.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • Mar 3rd 2019

If what he's saying is true, it would insinuate Axl wasn't as influential on the set as previously believed. Mentions Angus bringing up them adding Riff Raff to the set and doing it in the audition.
    I remember Axl saying he contacted a mutual connection and got the job pretty quickly - so why were they auditioning others?

Also which tech's on the RoB tour were around with Bon?
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Mar 3rd 2019 edited

Posted By: carolinareaperI remember Axl saying he contacted a mutual connection and got the job pretty quickly - so why were they auditioning others?

Also which tech's on the RoB tour were around with Bon?
    They contscted them before Axl. Angus was really in search of a fast replacement. I Remember he said in an interview: I gave a chance to all the guys that said they could have done the job. But they couldn't". Or something Like this
    • AC/DC rock music: micahcarey
    • Mar 3rd 2019 edited

Had Angus gotten a tribute band singer to replace Brian, it would have been a fiasco with tickets getting returned and not being resold.
    The shit Angus would've got for employing this Brian clone (and not a good one to my ears) would've been incredible.

I was 100% against the whole Axl thing before, during and after but this would've been even worse.

Absolutely terrible. Must be a wind up :)
    Cheers. That was really good. Love stuff like this.
    Another guy who auditioned was the Bon in the Dirty DC Soul Stripper clip on the other thread.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: dt
    • Mar 4th 2019

So, how many tribute singers were auditioned? I've heard of Darren Caperna, Lee Robinson and Sean Mulvihill.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Mar 4th 2019

Elvis also auditioned.
    Posted By: DustDevilElvis also auditioned.

Good that you bring that up. True dat.
    I really would love to know how Angus ever imagined this would have worked with a tribute singer. I simply can't wrap my head around that idea. For the vast majority of people these tribute band singers are completely unknown. How would that have looked? How would they have advertised that? And if somebody thinks they did it because they were able to do it, I would like to know why they would even waste their time on that?
    Posted By: IronPatriotI really would love to know how Angus ever imagined this would have worked with a tribute singer. I simply can't wrap my head around that idea. For the vast majority of people these tribute band singers are completely unknown. How would that have looked? How would they have advertised that? And if somebody thinks they did it because they were able to do it, I would like to know why they would even waste their time on that?

Maybe because other rock bands have done it.
    Posted By: IronPatriotI really would love to know how Angus ever imagined this would have worked with a tribute singer. I simply can't wrap my head around that idea. For the vast majority of people these tribute band singers are completely unknown. How would that have looked? How would they have advertised that? And if somebody thinks they did it because they were able to do it, I would like to know why they would even waste their time on that?

Exactly. Trying tribute singers out was idiotic. What was Angus thinking? Another Bon or Brian were around the corner?

Axl was the smartest choice, and hate the guy all you want, he did great given the circunstances.
    I'm starting to think these tribute band singers were simply used to give the band someone to rehearse with who knew all the tunes

No way on Gods earth were they under serious consideration
    Posted By: BallToucher

Exactly. Trying tribute singers out was idiotic. What was Angus thinking? Another Bon or Brian were around the corner?

Axl was the smartest choice, and hate the guy all you want, he did great given the circunstances.

Posted By: BillyBollocksI'm starting to think these tribute band singers were simply used to give the band someone to rehearse with who knew all the tunes

Didn't Axl offer his support quite shortly after the whole mess went down? Like within a few days? (Maybe I'm getting this wrong. If so somebody please correct me.) If what I'm saying is true, it makes the tribute band singer route all the more bizarre. I can't imagine that they would just fly in a bunch of guys from all over the place to sing with the band if they only wanted to use them to practice with.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Mar 5th 2019

I think the fact that they were trying a tribute guy, and that it was Axl who lent his services rather than being asked, shows that the departure of Brian was in no way calculated. Otherwise, they would have had someone lined up, ready to step in.

Also, if they had used the tribute guy, they'd never have allowed him to dress like Brian or anything. I'm guessing they also would have told him to sound more like himself, too. It would have come out that the guy was a tribute singer, and the band would have been mocked for using him, but at the end of the day it's really about bringing in someone who can hit the notes (in a rock style) and get through the dates.

Axl was the correct choice as a stand-in. He wouldn't have been overawed by the occasion, had the range, and was an attraction in his own right. He helped the band get through a tough time and Brian's now back in the fold. All's well that ends well.
    Posted By: BillyBollocksI'm starting to think these tribute band singers were simply used to give the band someone to rehearse with who knew all the tunes

I agree
    Posted By: BrianyAll's well that ends well.

I'll wait until the last notes of the next show with Brian, Angus, Phil, Cliff and Stevie before i consider anything ending well :)

As it stands it ended far from that for me. FAR from that. And i can't have that as my last AC/DC memory.
    Posted By: BillyBollocks
    Posted By: BrianyAll's well that ends well.

I'll wait until the last notes of the next show with Brian, Angus, Phil, Cliff and Stevie before i consider anything ending well :)

As it stands it ended far from that for me. FAR from that. And i can't have that as my last AC/DC memory.

I suspect I'd buy you a pint or five if we met.
    Posted By: El3ment380When I first saw the thread title I thought it was breaking news.....had a miniature heart attack.
    It would be saying that both Brian and Axl are out. That would be huge news. l don't think the fact they were auditioning some Brian clone would be the headline.