To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

Posted By: Inferno
    Posted By: Alex Lebanon
    Posted By: InfernoSaw Maiden last night. Those guys still put on a great show! (Janik Gers is a goofball) Four songs from Piece of Mind album.

Churchill's Speech

Aces High

Where Eagles Dare

2 Minutes to Midnight

The Clansman

The Trooper

Revelations

For the Greater Good of God

The Wicker Man

Sign of the Cross

Flight of Icarus

Fear of the Dark

The Number of the Beast

Iron Maiden

Encore:
    The Evil That Men Do

Hallowed Be Thy Name

Run to the Hills

Pithy in-depth review please Mr Inferno, I can find out what they played on setlist.com :)

Just quick and easy way for me to copy and paste so you could see the Piece Of Mind songs they played. No need to review the show. If you get the chance to see them, do it!

How was Bruce? Would you have any idea what the poor guy's been through health-wise from his performance?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Sep 7th 2019

Posted By: Alex LebanonHow was Bruce? Would you have any idea what the poor guy's been through health-wise from his performance?

I thought he sang very well. Obviously not peak Bruce Dickinson, but nobody should expect that. He still can hit some of the high notes though, and can hold a scream unlike some other older singer who have to stop quickly.

There was a few times where he seemed a little of sync with the song, but I don't know if you can blame him for that. Probably the sound system.
    Funny that they only played TWO songs from their supposedly best album. :)
    MyCubiclePenguin wrote:

"I still prefer the Di'anno stuff, NOTB, and PS, though. All four of them are perfect, though arguments can be made against Gangland."

Gangland is pretty good. It's starts out solid enough (the intro is kind of Motörheadesque), the verse is great, and then when it gets to the chorus... it's a little flat (this happens on a more than a few Maiden tunes imo).

The weakest song on NOTB is Invaders. This song did not age well. An atrocious chorus that would make Spinal Tap proud.