To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Feb 14th 2019

Weird! Sounds like a metal version of SRV.

Guitarist can certainly play some stuff though.
    Quite liked that, the end was a bit over the top,but still not bad lol.My opinion of Simon over the years has changed a lot.

Would take him again if Rudd isn't able.

Also, funny one of the guitarists is Johnny Young.
    • AC/DC rock music: CANADA
    • Feb 14th 2019

Sounds fine to me.
    Wow, Simon was in great form! Love the hair too. Very Mutt Lang-esque.

The drum sound on that video is superior to what was on BUYV, that's for sure.
    I still wonder why they chose for Chris... Nothing against him but Simon was a great replacement for Phil back then. And now he is even better, he has that Phil vibe:
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Feb 14th 2019

Posted By: AC/DC-ROCKERI still wonder why they chose for Chris... Nothing against him but Simon was a great replacement for Phil back then. And now he is even better, he has that Phil vibe:

I was really impressed at how good he played at those BBNF gigs on the YouTube clips I've seen.
    Me too Rocco!
    Me three Rocco. Sounding way better than back in the day. Mind the studio albums he was on were shit production imo. Drum sound was awful. Live sounded better
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • Feb 14th 2019

He's a solid rock drummer. Comes across as a decent and humble bloke too.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Feb 14th 2019

Posted By: mutt_langes_permThe drum sound on that video is superior to what was on BUYV, that's for sure.

Now here's a Simon-related viewpoint we can agree on, MLP!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rikha
    • Feb 14th 2019

I liked the guitar playing a lot. Who's that guy?
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Feb 14th 2019

Posted By: RikhaI liked the guitar playing a lot. Who's that guy?

Lead guitar is Solo Dallas and rhythm must be James Morley.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Gaolbreak
    • Feb 14th 2019

Nice video Meanie. Rowan did a great job on Lock Up The Wolves, it puzzles me why his star didn't keep rising after that.
    He needed to give that bassist a good shove in that clip, trying to steal his moment.
    Posted By: GaolbreakNice video Meanie. Rowan did a great job on Lock Up The Wolves, it puzzles me why his star didn't keep rising after that.
    He needed to give that bassist a good shove in that clip, trying to steal his moment.

Why does the bass player wear a shirt with the North Korean flag? Communist...
    I am on a hiatus really. But K have to comment on the obivous as nobody has stated it. You wonder why Simon has not returned to ACDC

He said that he was bored and wanted to challenge himself more as a drummer. That is the end for being in a band like ACDC, forever. Go be inspired somewhere else then, no sloppy seconds.

Also Mal refused to sign an album that had his signature. In that pre BI interview with Cliff it was clear that he prefered Phil of course but said in the lines that Slade was a tremendous drummer...and Simon Wright was a good drummer too.

Slade never had a bad thing to say about the band. Was not bored, had to gig of a lifetime and was able to do bring more challenging drumming in ACDC too. So sorry he buries Wright and clearly the boys agreed and that my friends is the only crucial factor to it.
    Posted By: CliffFINmark2I am on a hiatus really. But K have to comment on the obivous as nobody has stated it. You wonder why Simon has not returned to ACDC

He said that he was bored and wanted to challenge himself more as a drummer. That is the end for being in a band like ACDC, forever. Go be inspired somewhere else then, no sloppy seconds.

Also Mal refused to sign an album that had his signature. In that pre BI interview with Cliff it was clear that he prefered Phil of course but said in the lines that Slade was a tremendous drummer...and Simon Wright was a good drummer too.

Slade never had a bad thing to say about the band. Was not bored, had to gig of a lifetime and was able to do bring more challenging drumming in ACDC too. So sorry he buries Wright and clearly the boys agreed and that my friends is the only crucial factor to it.

I doubt this ''Also Mal refused to sign an album that had his signature.''

And he was indeed bored and wanted to challenge himself and also not enthusiastic enough during the Razors Edge rehearsals, therefore he left/was fired by the band.
    Yes, it is reported that Malcolm refused to sign a copy of Fly On The Wall LP, because it had Simon Wright's signature on it, during the SUL tour.
    Simon left AC/DC for a band that sings about dragons and elves. Let that sink in for a moment.

No wonder Angus doesn't want him back.
    I really like the title of this thread, it has a Waughian quality to it.
    I thought he turned down the RoB tour so they had to go for Chris instead?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Feb 15th 2019

Lol
    Posted By: MeanstreakYes, it is reported that Malcolm refused to sign a copy of Fly On The Wall LP, because it had Simon Wright's signature on it, during the SUL tour.

ā€œIā€™m not signing my name next to that guy!ā€ Or something to that extent
    Posted By: carolinareaperI thought he turned down the RoB tour so they had to go for Chris instead?

True he was gearing up to do the Dio hologram tour instead. Much more challenging and not boring.

I also remember that and some other fan claiming that Mal said that Simon is a prick. But of course nothing official, but the feel is that he aint in the good books
    Posted By: Alex LebanonI really like the title of this thread, it has a Waughian quality to it.

Strictly speaking, it's Wavian.
    Best drummer ever.

I seem to have misplaced my medication...
    I seem to have misplaced my medication...

What is that supposed to mean?
    Posted By: CliffFINmark2True he was gearing up to do the Dio hologram tour instead. Much more challenging and not boring.

Angus: Hey Simon man, wanna come over and do a tour with us and make a buck?

Simon: No man, I got this hologram thing, sorry man, bye.

You guys crack me up.
    Posted By: Rocco
    Posted By: AC/DC-ROCKERI still wonder why they chose for Chris... Nothing against him but Simon was a great replacement for Phil back then. And now he is even better, he has that Phil vibe:

I was really impressed at how good he played at those BBNF gigs on the YouTube clips I've seen.

All the official Solodallas clips that Fil has posted from that show at the Backroom I shot. Great show.Get this, I even played the sound check with Mark,Simon and Fil! TNT and HTH. True story.
    Posted By: Alex LebanonI really like the title of this thread, it has a Waughian quality to it.

Extra points not only for using a word that will never be used again on this site but alluding to a man called Evelyn. I don't think that will ever happen again on this AC/DC fan forum either.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: drillbag
    • Mar 4th 2019

although I loved the albums that he played on, I always thought that Simon Wrong was probably the worst drummer they had.
    from all the live recordings I've heard, you rarely heard phil miss a beat or drop a stick, (never for chris)
    but every live recording I have heard with simon drumming has some sort of fuck up....i could do no better tbh, and he sounds fine in DIO but for AC/DC he kinda sucks!!!
    Posted By: drillbagalthough I loved the albums that he played on, I always thought that Simon Wrong was probably the worst drummer they had.
    from all the live recordings I've heard, you rarely heard phil miss a beat or drop a stick, (never for chris)
    but every live recording I have heard with simon drumming has some sort of fuck up....i could do no better tbh, and he sounds fine in DIO but for AC/DC he kinda sucks!!!

Care to post some examples? Can't say I have ever heard Simon royally fuck up anything during his stint (live anyways) out side of tempo complaints on the Video tour.

He was solid on the Flick and Fly tours and he did great on Fly and Who Made Who. He sounded a bit lost at times on Video.
    • AC/DC rock music: 71SG
    • Mar 6th 2019

I always liked his drumming, I think Blow Up your Video has some great drumming on it like TTWIWRR, always liked the rolls that he does as he comes out of the down, down bit's in Go Zone. Nick Of Time, SSFN and Two's Up I enjoy aswell. Who Made Who. Back In Business, Playing With Girls, First Blood are great too.
    All of the drummers that they have used have done their job well at getting your foot tapping.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Mar 6th 2019

Posted By: 71SGAll of the drummers that they have used have done their job well at getting your foot tapping.
    Some more than others, imo.