To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

If not he might of tried to be a pop star who tried to write ballets.

But he is still the best man for AC/DC
    I like that song
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 42_39_56
    • Feb 10th 2019

Some of his best vocal performances were pre-AC/DC, when he sang more melodic. The infamous House of the Rising Sun and Can You Do It by Geordie are two of my personal favorites. A real treat to have so many of these available on YouTube.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BrennaB
    • Feb 10th 2019

His vocal on House of the Rising Sun is phenomenal.
    Honestly, there's something so disturbingly familiar about pre ACDC Brian's singing to my mind, it's as if I was born knowing it. That is probably one of the weirdest thing's I'll ever say on here, but it's like I get some sort of nostalgia/familiarity from it although I barely know any of his pre ACDC stuff. It simply shouldn't exist in my mind. Maybe it's similar to another singer I heard a long time ago? Hell, I don't know, I have a hard time explaining it, anyways..........

Now that that's out of the way, I do think his pre ACDC stuff was pretty great, vocal-wise, and it's easy to see how ACDC really destroyed his vocal chords. The songs are alright, but, as I said, the vocals were very untainted and fresh. He feels like an entirely different person. Thank god we have his ACDC stuff, though.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BrennaB
    • Feb 10th 2019

I get it. Maybe the familiarity is coming from the small bit you can still hear in AC/DC music. Like, I can listen to the other stuff and it sounds so different, yet familiar.
    To have been there when he rehearsed nut bush city limits to the boys in 1980...
    Posted By: magpies1990_77To have been there when he rehearsed nut bush city limits to the boys in 1980...

Oooft!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Feb 10th 2019

Posted By: 42_39_56Some of his best vocal performances were pre-AC/DC, when he sang more melodic. The infamous House of the Rising Sun and Can You Do It by Geordie are two of my personal favorites. A real treat to have so many of these available on YouTube.

He sounds like a totally different singer pre-AC/DC, much of the time. There are times when you get a bit of the voice he'd use later on, but he never fully hit that level.

I some ways I don't understand why he didn't use that clean, melodic voice with AC/DC, unless it was that his vocal cords just got so gnarled that it wasn't a possibility. There were times when Bon would sing clean and melodic, so it wasn't that the style was incompatible with AC/DC.
    Posted By: Briany
    Posted By: 42_39_56Some of his best vocal performances were pre-AC/DC, when he sang more melodic. The infamous House of the Rising Sun and Can You Do It by Geordie are two of my personal favorites. A real treat to have so many of these available on YouTube.

He sounds like a totally different singer pre-AC/DC, much of the time. There are times when you get a bit of the voice he'd use later on, but he never fully hit that level.

I some ways I don't understand why he didn't use that clean, melodic voice with AC/DC, unless it was that his vocal cords just got so gnarled that it wasn't a possibility. There were times when Bon would sing clean and melodic, so it wasn't that the style was incompatible with AC/DC.

Its the reason why singing in AC/DC is unlike singing in any other rock band. It's all or nothing.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Feb 10th 2019

Posted By: beanofire
    Posted By: Briany

It's all or nothing.

Reminds me - Sunday's a good day for some Small Faces.
    • AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • Feb 10th 2019

Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinHonestly, there's something so disturbingly familiar about pre ACDC Brian's singing to my mind, it's as if I was born knowing it. That is probably one of the weirdest thing's I'll ever say on here, but it's like I get some sort of nostalgia/familiarity from it although I barely know any of his pre ACDC stuff. It simply shouldn't exist in my mind. Maybe it's similar to another singer I heard a long time ago? Hell, I don't know, I have a hard time explaining it, anyways..........

Now that that's out of the way, I do think his pre ACDC stuff was pretty great, vocal-wise, and it's easy to see how ACDC really destroyed his vocal chords. The songs are alright, but, as I said, the vocals were very untainted and fresh. He feels like an entirely different person. Thank god we have his ACDC stuff, though.

Here's a taste of Brian before Geordie

I can’t believe that is really Brian. Do we know this for sure?
    My wife is laughing saying we’ve been duped.
    • AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • Feb 10th 2019

Posted By: Rickshaw1I can’t believe that is really Brian. Do we know this for sure?
    My wife is laughing saying we’ve been duped.

100% guarantee it's Brian. I've got the CD with the full versions of the 3 Jasper Hart Band songs. Here are clips of the other two...

• AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Feb 10th 2019

Posted By: BonneedsPenicillinIf not he might of tried to be a pop star who tried to write ballets.

But he is still the best man for AC/DC
    Probably the best vocal performance by Brian! Fucking great
    • AC/DC rock music: CANADA
    • Feb 10th 2019

Sounds like Tennille's found her new Captain. This sucks. Brian's a rock singer, not a balladeer.