To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

So I found this page, which has all the AC/DC albums and the score RS gives it. Ridiculous. Here's how the AC/DC albums rank according to them.

5/5

Back In Black

4.5/5

Highway To Hell

4/5

Who Made Who

3.5/5

Black Ice
    Ballbreaker
    For Those About To Rock

3/5

If You Want Blood
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
    The Razors Edge

2.5/5

Let There Be Rock
    Powerage
    Flick Of The Switch
    Fly On The Wall
    Blow Up Your Video
    LIVE
    Stiff Upper Lip

2/5

High Voltage

https://web.archive....
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Feb 8th 2019

Bulllllllllllshit
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • Feb 8th 2019

lmao how Powerage and LTBR are a whole point behind Black Ice and Ballbreaker as well as behind The Razors Edge is beyond me
    I thought they initially gave HV a 1, then a 2 years later, then a 3 after that? It just shows how crappy their scores are at first

BUYV and Powerage/LTBR on the same tier. That’s an actual sin
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Feb 8th 2019

I seem to remember that they originally gave Blow Up Your Video 4 out of 5 stars upon it's release.
    Didn’t Keith Richards once say that Powerage was one of his favourite Rock albums yet it only scored a 2.5 out of 5. Maybe he loves Powerage but the rest of the band don’t like it that much.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Feb 8th 2019

Burn them.

Burn them all.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Feb 8th 2019

Posted By: RoccoI seem to remember that they originally gave Blow Up Your Video 4 out of 5 stars upon it's release.
    Wasn't that Kerrang?
    Well that pretty much sums up RS Magazine. Shower of fucking idiots who have not a fucking clue about AC/DC or what they are about. Wankers
    •  
    • Feb 8th 2019

Rolling Stone supports pretentious music that is salonfähig. They are the selfproclaimed leading force in music journalisme..
    R&R isn't their cup of tea. It's music for the Average Joe.

You can also see that the stars given were influenced by the commercial succes of the album.

Also: BI was hyped up like a motherfucker. They even did a coverstory on them. So you cannot give it 2 stars.
    LTBR and PA (the holy fundament of the band) was rated in 77-78 when disco and punk were much more the hype.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • Feb 8th 2019

Posted By: Brads AC/DCDidn’t Keith Richards once say that Powerage was one of his favourite Rock albums yet it only scored a 2.5 out of 5. Maybe he loves Powerage but the rest of the band don’t like it that much.

This is a joke, right?
    •  
    • Feb 8th 2019

Posted By: Grim177
    Posted By: Brads AC/DCDidn’t Keith Richards once say that Powerage was one of his favourite Rock albums yet it only scored a 2.5 out of 5. Maybe he loves Powerage but the rest of the band don’t like it that much.

This is a joke, right?
    A 'S or a S' can make a big diference :)
    Posted By: ThankassRolling Stone supports pretentious music that is salonfähig. They are the selfproclaimed leading force in music journalisme..
    R&R isn't their cup of tea. It's music for the Average Joe.

You can also see that the stars given were influenced by the commercial succes of the album.

Also: BI was hyped up like a motherfucker. They even did a coverstory on them. So you cannot give it 2 stars.
    LTBR and PA (the holy fundament of the band) was rated in 77-78 when disco and punk were much more the hype.

But what IS their cup of tea? Ive never been able to figure it out. They always come to the party late - whether that party is AC/DC, REM, Britpop, Grunge, - they're ALWAYS 1-5 years too late. Ive never met anyone who reads it - even back in the 80s & 90s. It's a total mystery. But even when Angus says "it's about time they put us on the cover' is fuels the myth that an RS covers means something. Crazy.

This is a joke, right?

Nope. I'll try and find the article where he states that Powerage is a great album, one of his favourites. NO JOKE! ;-)
    Posted By: Brads AC/DC

This is a joke, right?

Nope. I'll try and find the article where he states that Powerage is a great album, one of his favourites. NO JOKE! ;-)
    He’s talking about knowing the difference between Rolling Stone magazine and the band The Rolling Stones ;)
    He thinks The Rolling Stones took the time to rank every DC album. Let him be happy, ffs.
    Posted By: MyCubiclePenguin

This is a joke, right?

He’s talking about knowing the difference between Rolling Stone magazine and the band The Rolling Stones ;)

Doh! My bad :/) I thought the post was saying that the band (The Rolling Stones) had rated their favourite to least favourite AC/DC albums... LOL :-) I'm tired, that's my excuse anyway... Ba ha ha. Ok so it's Rolling Stone Magazine. Ok who cares what they think, they're a bunch of twats!
    And for the record, Keith Richards actually did say Powerage was his favourite AC/DC record as many on here would already know. Probably best I leave now... lol :-)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Spellbound
    • Feb 8th 2019 edited

Posted By: BallToucherHe thinks The Rolling Stones took the time to rank every DC album. Let him be happy, ffs.

There is no such thing as happiness on fans.net.

Only cynicism, divisiness, and a lower level of public dialog.

[insert image of Calvin]
    Posted By: Spellbound[insert image of Calvin]

Fair play though BT :)
    The only mention the article gives to pre-HTH AC/DC is to DDDDC, which they say "compiles the best of Bon Scott".

This is a low even for RS.
    A

Posted By: Spellbound
    Posted By: BallToucherHe thinks The Rolling Stones took the time to rank every DC album. Let him be happy, ffs.

[insert image of Calvin]

Joking aside, this is the least cynical, least cruel, least caustic, most genuine and welcoming fan site I've ever come across. The Stones have similarly decent online fans.
    Posted By: Alex LebanonA

Posted By: Spellbound

[insert image of Calvin]

Joking aside, this is the least cynical, least cruel, least caustic, most genuine and welcoming fan site I've ever come across. The Stones have similarly decent online fans.
    Agreed.

Although it feels a bit less ecstatic than August. Just a LITTLE bit ;)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 42_39_56
    • Feb 8th 2019

LOL @ LTBR’s placement.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: drillbag
    • Feb 8th 2019

Posted By: Thankass

This is a joke, right?
    A 'S or a S' can make a big diference :)

AC/DC IS NO JOKE MATE!!!!!!!! :)
    Posted By: Thankass

Precisely - they didn't even bother to listen to the albums.
    Same as NME - pile of prick. Although I remember NME giving SUL 8/10 - pretty generous - and saying something like the Young brothers sht bette riffs than the Gallaghers!
    • AC/DC rock music: soda
    • Feb 9th 2019

LMAO!
    • AC/DC rock music: Overdose69
    • Feb 9th 2019 edited

Mine

Powerage
    LTBR
    IYWB
    BIB

Flick
    High Voltage
    Highway To Hell
    Fly

Ballbreaker
    Who Made Who
    The Razors Edge
    FTATR
    Live
    Black Ice
    Rock Or Bust

Stiff upper Lip
    Dirty Deeds

Blow Up Your Video
    Posted By: WarMachine73Same as NME - pile of prick. Although I remember NME giving SUL 8/10 - pretty generous - and saying something like the Young brothers sht bette riffs than the Gallaghers!

It got 9/10 and only missed full marks because it didn't have cannons on the cover. It was NME's then editor Steve Sutherland at his hyperbolic best. But he also liked that steaming pile of shite that went by the name of the Darkness so he wasn't always right :)
    Posted By: soda

LMAO!

Yep, you have to laugh at that one. It was a good one lol :-)
    The idea of Mick and Keith sitting down to rate all AC/DC's albums made me think it could surely have been worked into a Stella Street script:

• AC/DC rock music: soda
    • Feb 9th 2019

LMAO!

Yes it was. Thank you very much! :)
    Posted By: Alex LebanonThe idea of Mick and Keith sitting down to rate all AC/DC's albums made me think it could surely have been worked into a Stella Street script

Wow. Haven't seen that since it was shown years ago. Forgot all about Stella Street. Brilliant imitations.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: SHOO23L
    • Feb 9th 2019

Well, at least they got the first two correct.

LMAO!

Yes it was. Thank you very much! :)

You're welcome ;-) LOL :-) We all fuck up from time to time and when we do it's best to just take it on the chin and laugh along at yourself with everyone else.
    LTBR and Powerage are two and a half star albums? High Voltage International is a two star album? And their third-best album is a compilation with 3 new songs on it? Hilarious. I might print this out and wipe my ass with it.