To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: Dono
    • Feb 5th 2019 edited

I saw this one on ebay [Link to eBay item]

its the powerage uk press on clear splatter vinyl.
    imo is a bootleg, like the clear green press from
    mexico. any imput about?

some kind of imitation of the dutch splatter....

cheers
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 7seven
    • Feb 5th 2019 edited

Yes, it's a bootleg....
    Not listeted on discogs yet, but the label says it all:

Side One:
    01. Rock 'n' Roll Damnation
    02. Gimme A Bullet
    03. Down Payment Blues
    04. Cold Hearted Man <-------- normally not listed here and...
    05. Riff Raff

... these bootleg have exactly the same label:

https://www.discogs....

this is another one

https://www.discogs....
    • Feb 5th 2019 edited

oh yes.. iwanna check if the green mexican have same label as tgis one too...
    It’s 100% pirate press.

There are other powerage multi colour vinyls pirates.

Surprised people will pay €600 for one as it’s not real. One sold for that a few years ago.
    It’s pretty looking, but do I want it? At £25 maybe. Bids are at £303 on it....that’s fucking insane.
    interesting point

Its the same seller who sold the last copy of this 18 months ago.

Probably got a stock of them.
    Posted By: Overdose69interesting point

Its the same seller who sold the last copy of this 18 months ago.

Probably got a stock of them.

Very true. Just like the coloured vinyls of the early albums, they aren't essential for me.
    • AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Feb 11th 2019

tidy business, if you can get say 100 of these pressed for, say, $50 each and sell them slowly over time for $300 + each.

someone should try and alert eBay...they should close this guy down. ripping off not so clued up fans
    • Feb 11th 2019

now i send him a message trough ebay asking of many of this have left.. interested in buying one at his cost.
    • Feb 11th 2019

Well its now selling for over $500. Not sure he will have much economic incentive to sell at cost to his when there are idiots out there willing pay that.

But maybe we can get a batch pressed for us here - a special ACDCfans.net power age splatter edition? For most of us Powerage seems to be on of the favourite ACDC albums ever, so it would be a nice thing to have if it didn't cost too much.

And once the legal actions start from the band for breach of copyright then we will finally have proof that the band read the posts on this site :)
    • Feb 12th 2019

honestly i prefer to simply report him to ebay.
    • AC/DC rock music: mkberg
    • Feb 12th 2019

I have myself reported the listing because the description insinuates it is an official release.
    • Feb 12th 2019

same here -lets see if eBay pull it. Will save some poor idiot being ripped off

such a shame it's not legit - I would love one of those !!!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Feb 12th 2019 edited

Posted By: nimetaBut maybe we can get a batch pressed for us here - a special ACDCfans.net power age splatter edition?
    I can only imagine the shit that would go down across the AC/DC fan world if that happened :) Interested in seeing how you guys get on with having the listing pulled.
    • AC/DC rock music: Overdose69
    • Feb 12th 2019 edited

Posted By: mkbergI have myself reported the listing because the description insinuates it is an official release.

The thing is there appears to be a number of collectors especially in Germany who know items like this are not real but still will pay big money for them!

If it gets pulled you will piss some collectors off.
    • Feb 12th 2019

Then the seller should a stated "unofficial release" in the description. I don't see the problem.
    • Feb 14th 2019

Posted By: mkbergThen the seller should a stated "unofficial release" in the description. I don't see the problem.

well, on ebay its not permitted to sell bootleg or pirate press, same as discogs. but more shit thing is that this one pass for an high collectable official press.
    • Feb 14th 2019 edited

I talked with eBay customer support and they claimed it is not against eBay's policy to sell bootlegs that does not intend to copy an official release. For example bootleg soundboard concerts not officially released are not a violation of their policies, nor issues with an unique artwork/label. Regarding this Powerage splatter vinyl it is the same artwork and label as the official release, it is copyrighted music and the listing insinuates it is an official release.
    • Feb 14th 2019

really!? years ago sell a bootleg lp on ebay was a danger... and from 2 years in not legal on discogs too. thats because bootleg have not the copyright of the bands you know... sound me strange that now its legal to sell it to ebay again, maybe they are not so strict like years ago.
    about counterfait press, they are for sure illegal under all points, and a real shit for the collectors world.
    • Feb 14th 2019

490 £
    Someone with too much money and poor knowledge could be looking at that and thinking “ooooh, they done a Powerage splatter too!”

If that’s the case then it’s an expensive lesson. Or maybe the listing is sketchy as fuck.
    • Feb 15th 2019

Posted By: tomscotlandSomeone with too much money and poor knowledge could be looking at that and thinking “ooooh, they done a Powerage splatter too!”

If that’s the case then it’s an expensive lesson. Or maybe the listing is sketchy as fuck.

Thats exactly what happens, 623£
    I’m pretty sure the bidders know it’s a pirate

It’s like those Mexican and Portuguese sleeves that were sold , collectors know that there pirate but they still want them.

If this was official it would be a €2500 item.