To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

LANDSLIDE?
    Rocker
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 42_39_56
    • Feb 1st 2019

Rosie?
    Posted By: 42_39_56Rosie?

Pretty slow, and less you mean the version on Live...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 42_39_56
    • Feb 1st 2019

Posted By: tomscotland
    Posted By: 42_39_56Rosie?

Pretty slow, and less you mean the version on Live...

I guess it just sounds a lot faster when it’s turned up loud and I’m driving!
    • AC/DC rock music: Flick
    • Feb 1st 2019

Great song off AC/DC's last great album.
    Rocker
    Donnington FTATR Outro...ok not a song but the fastest ever and followed by Fire Yar Guns from the same show
    This Means War?
    Studio is definitely Landslide.

Live I think is the end of FTATR from Moscow.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Feb 2nd 2019

Studio i think Rocker. Close call with BATB and Landslide.
    Live i think Rocker '79 or '81 or something with Slade in '91.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rammy
    • Feb 2nd 2019

This Means War?
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Feb 2nd 2019

Posted By: RammyThis Means War?
    Yeah! Might be the fastest one ..maybe....In studio Rocker is super fast too
    • AC/DC rock music: Rammy
    • Feb 2nd 2019

Posted By: rideon77

I remember one of the band saying it was like Riff Raff just before the release and I got really excited to only to be let down haha
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Feb 2nd 2019

Landslide played at 45rpm
    Fire Your Guns is among the fastest, too.
    I figured why the hell not find out myself, so I used this
    https://www.all8.com...
    Obviously I'm a bit off, given that I'm that one tapping spacebar while listening to the song, but I made some interesting observations. Landslide was around 118 bpm and rocker was around 120 (studio versions), but rocker actually lost some speed before the reprise. It got to about 118.5 bpm before the reprise, and the reprise itself was around 113. Landslide was pretty constant at around 118. It could just be my mistake, my keyboard, etc, but I'm pretty sure rocker is a tad bit faster than Landslide.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Feb 2nd 2019

Posted By: Rammy
    Posted By: rideon77

I remember one of the band saying it was like Riff Raff just before the release and I got really excited to only to be let down haha

Brian described it as a ‘real neckbreaker’, some mags described it as thrash!
    • AC/DC rock music: Big Rab
    • Feb 2nd 2019

This means war reminds me of an Irish jig.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rikha
    • Feb 3rd 2019

Heatseeker live (TRE Tour) is quite fast for AC/DC standards.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: drillbag
    • Feb 3rd 2019

Posted By: rockeroller

just got an LP of this concert, this version of BPDG is flat chat - it just seemed to get faster from 74!
    so it seems they invented thrash by 1977 :)
    Let It Loose is definitely on the faster side. Might not be the fastest but I think it’s definitely up there
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: toddo
    • Feb 4th 2019

I've often wondered what landslide would sound like with everything the same but the snare and bass drum playing at half that tempo. I've messed around a little bit with audio programs, which I'm not good at to begin with, and it's pretty hard to take drums out and try and put your own in.
    • AC/DC rock music: soda
    • Feb 5th 2019 edited

The live recordings of Baby please don't go is not that slow...
    • AC/DC rock music: CANADA
    • Feb 13th 2019

Cyberspace
    Posted By: SpellboundStudio is definitely Landslide.

Live I think is the end of FTATR from Moscow.

THat's definitely up there.
    Posted By: CANADACyberspace
    What made ACDC think that Cyberspace wasn't actually better than half of SUL? It should've been on there.
    Posted By: MyCubiclePenguin
    Posted By: CANADACyberspace
    What made ACDC think that Cyberspace wasn't actually better than half of SUL? It should've been on there.

I just saw it mentioned on this forum and saved it to my Spotify gym and rock playlists. I think it’s a cracker!

I deliberately don’t save much ACDC on my Spotify songs or playlists because I like to keep them fresh these days. But if I’m sitting back at home after a big night on the piss and weed ACDC will usually come on then, I’ll be rocking away in my own little world on my balcony with headphones on holding a beer and a cigarette. I honestly manage to get some new take and some new perspective from ACDC every time when I’m at this end of the night state!

Good name for a song, “End of the Night State!”
    • AC/DC rock music: CANADA
    • Feb 14th 2019

I deffo thought Cyberspace should've been on SUL. It's certainly better than the repetitive drone of Can't Stand Still or Hold Me Back.
    Can’t stand still is a fucking cracking song, best song on the album behind the title track
    I like Cyberspace, but love Hold Me Back and Can't Stand Still.

Would rather add it to the album rather than have it replace anything.