To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

https://www.theguard...

Well, that's an interesting bit of news, today. Now if our boys could break their silence, that'd be great.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Jan 14th 2019 edited

Imagine that. A band telling the world that they are working on a new album. A novel concept in this networked age. Aren't you supposed to hide that kind of thing?

They are playing in my area in October. May have to update my 2019 concert list.
    Posted By: InfernoImagine that. A band telling the world that they are working on a new album. A novel concept in this networked age. Aren't you supposed to hide that kind of thing?

They are playing in my area in October. May have to update my 2019 concert list.
    Yes, still waiting on the AC/DC carrier pigeons to arrive.

It'll be a few hours drive for me but I think it'll be worth it as long as the tickets aren't Paul Mccartney priced. The symphony thing is intriguing.
    • AC/DC rock music: Gavin82
    • Jan 14th 2019

Will there be EU dates? Seen them in London in 2017 id go again
    Missed an opportunity to see the who in Liverpool in 2017 tickets were £25 ish just how good are the who
    • AC/DC rock music: 71SG
    • Jan 15th 2019

Seen them at the 02 day festival at Leeds about 10 years ago, bit of a mad line up with Super Furry Animals, zutons, Tha Answer. Wanted to see them at Liverpool as I’m just over the water but never got round to getting them, same with Maiden. That festival maybe more than ten years ago, wasn’t long after John passed away, thought they might be disappointing but you just have to go with an open mind and realistic expectations. Zak Starky Has the spirit of Keith with better timing. I’d go and see em again if I get the chance. I’m sure that they played Slip Kid when I saw them. Memories foggy.
    • AC/DC rock music: 71SG
    • Jan 15th 2019

Sorry, it was the wireless festival in 2006, also had flaming lips and eels. Just checked on line
    I got the opportunity to photograph and see The Who play live. I'm a pro photographer and I was hired by an international photo agency to photograph their concert. They're a great live band.
    •  
    • Jan 16th 2019

Well, I'm not adding The Who to my concert list for 2019. I ponied up $65 to join the fan club and access the presale, but didn't realize how expensive tickets were going to be. They are playing at a baseball stadium near me, and the cheapest seats on the field were $271. I like The Who, but I'm not paying that kind of dough to see them at this stage of their career.
    Posted By: InfernoWell, I'm not adding The Who to my concert list for 2019. I ponied up $65 to join the fan club and access the presale, but didn't realize how expensive tickets were going to be. They are playing at a baseball stadium near me, and the cheapest seats on the field were $271. I like The Who, but I'm not paying that kind of dough to see them at this stage of their career.

Dude, you just wasted 65 bucks. That's at least 3 visits at Starbucks!
    •  
    • Jan 16th 2019

Posted By: mutt_langes_perm
    Posted By: InfernoWell, I'm not adding The Who to my concert list for 2019. I ponied up $65 to join the fan club and access the presale, but didn't realize how expensive tickets were going to be. They are playing at a baseball stadium near me, and the cheapest seats on the field were $271. I like The Who, but I'm not paying that kind of dough to see them at this stage of their career.

Dude, you just wasted 65 bucks. That's at least 3 visits at Starbucks!

I don't drink coffee, and I am willing to sell you my presale code for $40. : )
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Jan 16th 2019

It'll be SHITE.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jet1984
    • Jan 16th 2019

Insane prices indeed and you can't be blamed for saying "fuck this". On the other hand, 336$ to see part rock'n'roll history! Obviously at a very late stage of their career, but I'd bet that that is an investment you probably won't regret when sitting in your rocking chair, grey haried and chewing on an cuban cigar with the last 6 or 7 remaning teeth while remeniscing upon days of old :)

I had tickets for a show in 2007 which they cancelled. Still bugs me a bit tbh.
    •  
    • Jan 16th 2019 edited

Posted By: Jet1984

Insane prices indeed and you can't be blamed for saying "fuck this". On the other hand, 336$ to see part rock'n'roll history! Obviously at a very late stage of their career, but I'd bet that that is an investment you probably won't regret when sitting in your rocking chair, grey haried and chewing on an cuban cigar with the last 6 or 7 remaning teeth while remeniscing upon days of old :)

Probably a lot of concerts/bands I could say that about. Many I wish I had seen. I didn't get to see Tom Petty. I haven't seen Metallica. I haven't seen The Rolling Stones. Hell, I missed my own hometown legends. I never saw Nirvana. I haven't seen Alice In Chains. I only recently saw Pearl Jam. (once was enough. : ))

Tons of shows I would like to have been to. But on the other hand, I have a shitload of shows that I did attend, where I saw bands in their prime, and I'm gonna have loads of memories to pour over with that cigar. (I do enjoy cigars.) And I continue to go to shows, so I'm not going to spend much time dwelling on the regrets. I'll allocate my Who dollars to better uses. It's all good!

Cheers!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Jan 17th 2019

• AC/DC rock music: u5ername
    • Jan 18th 2019

Posted By: 71SGSeen them at the 02 day festival at Leeds about 10 years ago, bit of a mad line up with Super Furry Animals, zutons, Tha Answer. Wanted to see them at Liverpool as I’m just over the water but never got round to getting them, same with Maiden. That festival maybe more than ten years ago, wasn’t long after John passed away, thought they might be disappointing but you just have to go with an open mind and realistic expectations. Zak Starky Has the spirit of Keith with better timing. I’d go and see em again if I get the chance. I’m sure that they played Slip Kid when I saw them. Memories foggy.

I was at that gig - England were playing and we watched on a small tv in the car before going in!
    Interestingly, there's a few clips of the recording of the new album:

Why the fuck did AC/DC not do anything like this ffs. All secret bullshit. It would have been awesome watching them recording in the studio
    I'm so hyped for this album - plus I just received a letter back from Townshend a couple of days ago
    You correspond with him by post?
    Posted By: MeanstreakYou correspond with him by post?

Sent him a letter a few weeks ago and he replied.
    Posted By: TryioToast
    Posted By: MeanstreakYou correspond with him by post?

Sent him a letter a few weeks ago and he replied.

That must be very inspiring!
    • AC/DC rock music: Gavin82
    • Feb 10th 2019

Thats cool what did he have too say??
    Posted By: Gavin82Thats cool what did he have too say??

Thanks for the kind words about lyrics ect - hope uni goes well- busy working on new album
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: dt
    • Feb 10th 2019

Thanks for the kind words about lyrics ect - hope uni goes well- busy working on new album

Wow, that's nice to read! If you'll be in contact again, send him best wishes - good luck, health, inspiration... and praise for great show in Vienna 2016!
    Posted By: dt

Wow, that's nice to read! If you'll be in contact again, send him best wishes - good luck, health, inspiration... and praise for great show in Vienna 2016!

I'll write to him at Christmas and I'll mention that he should pop by the forum haha
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BrennaB
    • Feb 11th 2019

Day 7
    I love Zac’s T Shirt “Drum Fu Master Keith Moon”