To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

Posted By: JemThere should be a campaign to get the TRE tracks redone with The Rudd. Even the tracks I think are a bit naff would improve immeasurably.

Agrees. Drums sound shit on TRE album. Almost programmed in bits
    Posted By: Bedlam_in_TorontoI want first blood, a look in the eye
    Thirst blood, a need in disguise

I think that's pretty good and rhyming "first blood" with "thirst blood" is fucking smart.

Thirst Blood? Where did you hear that was the lyric? Also, those aren't the rhyming parts of the couplet.

Posted By: 900It IS great, don't be shamed into down-grading it just because someone else jokes about it. Actually to compare that line to one of the Y&Y bad lines...it's kind of ironic, misses the whole point of Brian's turn of phrase, and the difference between his writing and Y&Y's.

Funny how Bon never gets shit for "Sometimes I think this woman is kinda hot, sometimes I think this woman is sometimes not"
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • May 15th 2019

Posted By: DoinNothingMeansALot

I think that's pretty good and rhyming "first blood" with "thirst blood" is fucking smart.

Thirst Blood? Where did you hear that was the lyric? Also, those aren't the rhyming parts of the couplet.

Printed lyrics in the FOTW booklet. That's where he got it from most probably. But enlighten us, what are the real lyrics?
    Great Song, I imagine it sung by Bon, don't know why but I would find it perfect on the LTBR album...
    Posted By: Rocco

Printed lyrics in the FOTW booklet. That's where he got it from most probably. But enlighten us, what are the real lyrics?

Oh it's true.... It's DAMN true! And that's the bottom line, cause ROCCO said so!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • May 15th 2019

Like everything else on TRE besides TS and TRE, I don't love it and I don't hate it. It's fine. It's middling. It's an acceptable bit of fodder to play in your home, car or place of work at a reasonable volume.

Still it's a pretty steep drop-off in quality from TS to the rest of the album. I think the band gives thanks on a regular basis that they wrote that song because it lifted them out of that 2nd tier into the pantheon of the immortals.

Not the first time their printed lyrics have been wrong. That same booklet says "some like it hot, some like it not so hot", missing the word "quite" entirely, among several other mistakes just on that one song. Tell me, what does the nonsensical statement "thirst blood" mean?
    • AC/DC rock music: Strat54
    • May 15th 2019 edited

I always thought Give it Up was SUL's Shot of Love....both roll along nicely, Brian in good form on both. Listening to them back to back the production difference is stark....agree Wheels has that R n R vibe like SOL and GIU. All three are cool songs and among my regular playlist but easily considered filler by others. Also Go Zone and This means War are great to my ears. And Playing with Girls has always been one of my favourites....along with TS and Rosie and It's a long way...what a great band.
    I have to say, there are some f*cking weird opinions around here... SOL is about the same quality as the rest of the back half of TRE< which is not as bad as many are saying. It really seems like a lot of people on here just listen to many songs once or twice and write them off as trash immediately and forever. Goodbye and Good Riddance has one of Brian's most soulful moments with five different notes hit just in the word "luck" before the solo. I fucking love that part. Also "back outta jail and chasin' some flooze" with the little lick by Angus after. And If You Dare has such a killer riff it's mind boggling anybody could say they dislike it. It also opens with an atypically complex chord and has that intricate backwards ascending riff after the solo (kind of like the bridge of BIB). Hell, even Let's Make It has a tasty solo and Brian has some cool bits in the verses. Like the way he sings "I'll be your ladies man" and "we'll smoke some cigarettes".

Posted By: 900It IS great, don't be shamed into down-grading it just because someone else jokes about it. Actually to compare that line to one of the Y&Y bad lines...it's kind of ironic, misses the whole point of Brian's turn of phrase, and the difference between his writing and Y&Y's.

Funny how Bon never gets shit for "Sometimes I think this woman is kinda hot, sometimes I think this woman is sometimes not"

First blood and thirst blood fucking rhymes to me. Believe it or not, I actually think it's clever that Brian doesn't rhyme the last word in the lines. Not everything has to be expected.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • May 16th 2019

Not the first time their printed lyrics have been wrong. That same booklet says "some like it hot, some like it not so hot", missing the word "quite" entirely, among several other mistakes just on that one song. Tell me, what does the nonsensical statement "thirst blood" mean?

Go and ask Brian.
    • AC/DC rock music: Treeman
    • May 16th 2019

Posted By: DoinNothingMeansALotI have to say, there are some f*cking weird opinions around here... SOL is about the same quality as the rest of the back half of TRE< which is not as bad as many are saying. It really seems like a lot of people on here just listen to many songs once or twice and write them off as trash immediately and forever. Goodbye and Good Riddance has one of Brian's most soulful moments with five different notes hit just in the word "luck" before the solo. I fucking love that part. Also "back outta jail and chasin' some flooze" with the little lick by Angus after. And If You Dare has such a killer riff it's mind boggling anybody could say they dislike it. It also opens with an atypically complex chord and has that intricate backwards ascending riff after the solo (kind of like the bridge of BIB). Hell, even Let's Make It has a tasty solo and Brian has some cool bits in the verses. Like the way he sings "I'll be your ladies man"

All part of the many reasons I love this album. First four tracks are their best since the first half of FTATR. It’s the last time I truly dug one of their albums on first listen. Others have grown on me but I liked TRE from day one. To get back the OP, SOL actually got some airplay on my local station for a month or two in the summer of ‘91. One of their best tracks in the last 30 years.
    Posted By: DoinNothingMeansALotI have to say, there are some f*cking weird opinions around here..

you said it pal ;-) If the hat fits and all that....
    Posted By: Bedlam_in_Toronto

First blood and thirst blood fucking rhymes to me. Believe it or not, I actually think it's clever that Brian doesn't rhyme the last word in the lines. Not everything has to be expected.

I'm not saying they don't rhyme, I'm saying that's not how rhymes work.
    Posted By: Bedlam_in_Toronto

I'm not saying they don't rhyme, I'm saying that's not how rhymes work.

I'm saying literature is full of masterful writers who rhyme words at places other than the ends of sentences and to think rhymes only "work" at the end of sentences is sticking to nursery rhyme rules for the sake of it. I caught this rhyming of two words and thought it all the more interesting as it breaks from convention — yet still requires imagination and can still be appreciated.

But what the fuck do I know. I guess Brian other some other hacks like the following nameless writer (good thing the schools don't teach guys like him) will just break the rules because they don't understand just how important simple rules are to creativity:

Thou was all that to me, love
    For which my soul did pine
    A green isle in the sea, love
    A fountain and a shrine...

'Wretch!' I cried, 'thy God hath lent thee-
    By these angels he hath sent thee-
    Respite, respite and nepenthe
    From thy memories of Lenore...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • May 29th 2019

We've entered the Poe Zone.