To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: CANADA
    • Jan 10th 2019 edited

I'll be seeing Def Leppard/Tesla in London, Ontario in July, and Queen a week later in Toronto.

You?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jet1984
    • Jan 10th 2019

Steel Panther in Feb, hoping to catch Kvelertak should they tour aswell. Apart from the obvious of course!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Jan 10th 2019

AC/DC in UK, Europe and hopefully the US.
    Fingers crossed that I'll get to see my beloved AC/DC again here in Australia. May even head to Europe for a couple of shows ;-)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Jan 10th 2019

Secured (so far):

Iron Maiden
    Rival Sons

Hoping:

AC/DC
    Ghost
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: malgus73
    • Jan 10th 2019

I'm gonna see Slash feat. Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators in March.
    Stiff Little Fingers
    Liam Gallagher
    Foo Fighters
    Stiff Little Fingers Glasgow and Newcastle booked
    Hopefully the lads in UK and Europe
    Hopefully AC/DC and Van Halen
    • AC/DC rock music: penguins
    • Jan 10th 2019

Ariana Grande in New Orleans in May. And hopefully the first show of AC/DC's tour.
    Skid Row
    Backyard Babies
    Judas Priest
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Steel Panther
    Def Leppard (Download Fest)
    Slash feat. Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators (Download Fest)
    Ac/dc here and there.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Johnnysg
    • Jan 10th 2019

Iron Maiden so far
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Jan 10th 2019

Greta Van Fleet in March :)
    Hopefully AC/DC and Iron Maiden (recently got into them; great stuff, particularly on Powerslave). Never been to a genuine concert before, so it should be an experience
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: malgus73
    • Jan 10th 2019

Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinHopefully AC/DC and Iron Maiden (recently got into them; great stuff, particularly on Powerslave). Never been to a genuine concert before, so it should be an experience

Iron Maiden are an incredible live band. Saw them from the first row last summer and it was awesome.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Viking
    • Jan 10th 2019

Rose tattoo
    Airbourne
    Michale Graves doing Misfits
    Backstreet Girls
    Krokus
    Metallica
    Slayer
    Sabaton
    Anthrax
    Black stone Cherry
    D.A.D
    Girlschool
    The Carburetors
    Nashville Pussy
    Testament
    Sweet
    UFO
    Dream Theater in March so far. My cousin bought me a ticket as a Christmas present so I couldn't say no. :) And if I can I'd like to see Maiden again later this summer.
    • AC/DC rock music: FLACDC
    • Jan 10th 2019

So far only Maiden in Chicago.
    Fleetwood Mac in april
    Priest in june
    Ozzy and megadeth in july
    Maiden in august
    Elton John in September
    Priest ' ozzy , maiden , dream theater , kiss , phish,slayer so far
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Jan 11th 2019

AC/DC in UK and Europe
    Van Halen in the US
    Download Festival
    Ramblin' Man Fair
    Foo Fighters in Croatia and Cure/Greta Van Fleet at Exit Festival so far
    Hoping for an ACDC summer tour this year, would have traded all of that for 1 show with Brian and Phil
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jet1984
    • Jan 11th 2019

Van Halen...if Mikey really is back then I could overlook Dave pretending to be a singer.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • Jan 11th 2019

I really want to catch AC/DC and Metallica next summer and I will if there's a chance. But I might have to go to the fucking army in July, that would rule out seeing either one of them...
    Kiss
    Eagles
    Greta Van Fleet
    Mark Knopfler
    Rod Stewart

HOPEFULLY THE BOYS
    Posted By: InfernoHoping:

AC/DC
    Ghost

Inferno, Ghost didn't play in your neck of the woods last year? They played in Laval (a 10 hour drive from where I live), but it was in December during my busiest time of the year, so that wasn't going to work.
    • AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Jan 11th 2019

Rammstein in Rotterdam & Paris. Never seen them live before, except on youtube videos. I only recently got into them, as I mistakenly thought that because the sings were in German I wouldn't really enjoy them. That was one of the worst musical misjudgements of my life.

Right Said Fred...
    • AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • Jan 11th 2019

Posted By: malgus73
    Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinHopefully AC/DC and Iron Maiden (recently got into them; great stuff, particularly on Powerslave). Never been to a genuine concert before, so it should be an experience

Iron Maiden are an incredible live band. Saw them from the first row last summer and it was awesome.

I totally agree. They were my fist gig back in November 1080 and I reckon they are still amazing live
    • AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • Jan 11th 2019

I was supposed to be seeing Geordie in London on 20th January but the gig's been pulled.
    Posted By: Jet1984Van Halen...if Mikey really is back then I could overlook Dave pretending to be a singer.

Yeah agree but only a rumour though
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Jan 11th 2019

Posted By: GoulashI was supposed to be seeing Geordie in London on 20th January but the gig's been pulled.

Funny that.
    Posted By: GoulashI was supposed to be seeing Geordie in London on 20th January but the gig's been pulled.

Hmmm
    Hoping for a Boston area ACDC gig
    ashamed to admit ive never been to a concert... hoping my first will be ACDC (probably in msg) sometime this year
    2 live crew.

Other than that i will save my money for AC/DC.
    Posted By: Wholelottatobe2 live crew.

Very interesting choice!
    The Who, when they announce the UK dates
    I'd like to hit most of Japan, the Hammersmith Odeon, bang a few groupies, piss on the Alamo, maybe puke on something Trump. Get some good photos done, maybe record a gig or two for a future release.

And of course, drink copious amounts with the fans — without them, I'd be nothing.
    •  
    • Jan 11th 2019

Posted By: mutt_langes_perm
    Posted By: InfernoHoping:

AC/DC
    Ghost

Inferno, Ghost didn't play in your neck of the woods last year? They played in Laval (a 10 hour drive from where I live), but it was in December during my busiest time of the year, so that wasn't going to work.

Nope. At least not yet. They came through on the Meloria tour. I almost flew to Arizona to see them in November, but the timing just didn't work out.
    The Cure in Paris. Haven't seen them live for 25 years but everyone says they're back on form and Robert Smith still doesn't own a hairbrush.
    Didn't really know where else to put this, but since Iron Maiden have announced their tour dates for 2019 already, and ACDC haven't, I'm assuming that Maiden will play before ACDC, meaning that Maiden will be my first concert ever. Given that I'm new to this whole concert thing, I have some dumb questions...

Has anyone ever been to the Charlotte, NC, Music Pavilion? It's the show I'm eyeing given that it's the closest to me but really don't know how much I want to spend on tickets (obviously the closer you get the more it costs) and want to know what the pavilion is like. Link to buy tickets is here (https://www.vividseats.com/concerts/iron-maiden-tickets/iron-maiden-pnc-music-pavilion-7-22-2905814.html) so you can get a view of the layout (although it doesn't really help very much). I've also seen photos of the pavilion with seats in it, but I doubt anyone would be sitting very close to the stage at a rock concert. As I said, stupid questions, but can anyone help me out with some recommendations and/or tips for the Pavilion itself or just concerts in general?

Thanks in advance!
    •  
    • Jan 12th 2019 edited

Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinDidn't really know where else to put this, but since Iron Maiden have announced their tour dates for 2019 already, and ACDC haven't, I'm assuming that Maiden will play before ACDC, meaning that Maiden will be my first concert ever. Given that I'm new to this whole concert thing, I have some dumb questions...

Has anyone ever been to the Charlotte, NC, Music Pavilion? It's the show I'm eyeing given that it's the closest to me but really don't know how much I want to spend on tickets (obviously the closer you get the more it costs) and want to know what the pavilion is like. Link to buy tickets is here (https://www.vividseats.com/concerts/iron-maiden-tickets/iron-maiden-pnc-music-pavilion-7-22-2905814.html) so you can get a view of the layout (although it doesn't really help very much). I've also seen photos of the pavilion with seats in it, but I doubt anyone would be sitting very close to the stage at a rock concert. As I said, stupid questions, but can anyone help me out with some recommendations and/or tips for the Pavilion itself or just concerts in general?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know anything about the venue, but one problem now is that if you want to buy a ticket at the regular on sale price, you are only left with seats on the side or the back.
    Here's the official ticket site: https://concerts1.li...

Sections 4 or 9 may be an okay choice because there are still some seats lower down for $79.

Vivid seats is a secondary market site, and you'll pay a lot more. On top of the listed price, you'll get hit with a huge fee when you checkout.
    I like TickPick best for secondary tickets because the price you see is the price you pay. And they don't take as big of a cut from sellers. https://www.tickpick...

My suggestion for secondary market tickets, if you go that route, is to buy them about 2 weeks or so away from the concert. That's when sellers start getting a little worried that their tickets won't sell and the prices start to come down. (This isn't ALWAYS the case, and super popular tickets may never come down, but it usually works that way.)

Is there a reason you didn't try to grab tickets when they first went on sale? I scored good seats by joining the Iron Maiden fan club for $40 and buying tickets during the presale. I got four tickets for me and friends, so it was only a $10 added fee to each ticket.

Good luck!
    Posted By: Inferno
    Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinDidn't really know where else to put this, but since Iron Maiden have announced their tour dates for 2019 already, and ACDC haven't, I'm assuming that Maiden will play before ACDC, meaning that Maiden will be my first concert ever. Given that I'm new to this whole concert thing, I have some dumb questions...

Thanks in advance!

I don't know anything about the venue, but one problem now is that if you want to buy a ticket at the regular on sale price, you are only left with seats on the side or the back.
    Here's the official ticket site:https://concerts1.li...

Sections 4 or 9 may be an okay choice because there are still some seats lower down for $79.

Vivid seats is a secondary market site, and you'll pay a lot more. On top of the listed price, you'll get hit with a huge fee when you checkout.
    I like TickPick best for secondary tickets because the price you see is the price you pay. And they don't take as big of a cut from sellers.https://www.tickpick...

My suggestion for secondary market tickets, if you go that route, is to buy them about 2 weeks or so away from the concert. That's when sellers start getting a little worried that their tickets won't sell and the prices start to come down. (This isn't ALWAYS the case, and super popular tickets may never come down, but it usually works that way.)

Is there a reason you didn't try to grab tickets when they first went on sale? I scored good seats by joining the Iron Maiden fan club for $40 and buying tickets during the presale. I got four tickets for me and friends, so it was only a $10 added fee to each ticket.

Good luck!
    Thanks, I appreciate it! The reason as to why I didn't get them earlier would be that I wasn't even a Maiden fan until 3 weeks ago and I have absolutely no experience in buying tickets, so hopefully that'll change in the near future.
    •  
    • Jan 13th 2019

Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinThanks, I appreciate it! The reason as to why I didn't get them earlier would be that I wasn't even a Maiden fan until 3 weeks ago and I have absolutely no experience in buying tickets, so hopefully that'll change in the near future.

My advice would be to just buy the $79 tickets in either section 4 or 9 and enjoy the show. There's probably no reason to pay a bunch of money to get super close, especially since you've just become a fan. It'll be a good show even in the those non-center seats. That venue looks like it has a good view from just about everywhere.
    Posted By: VikingRose tattoo
    Airbourne
    Michale Graves doing Misfits
    Backstreet Girls
    Krokus
    Metallica
    Slayer
    Sabaton
    Anthrax
    Black stone Cherry
    D.A.D
    Girlschool
    The Carburetors
    Nashville Pussy
    Testament
    Sweet
    UFO

Is that all
    Here’s another event that I have absolutely zero clue where to post about because I figured it didn’t deserve its own thread but a guitarist called Nita Strauss is coming to my church on Sunday to worship since she’s apparently very spiritual. Might give me a reason to go for the first time in years...
    I only got into Maiden in 2013 and have yet to see them - they played in the UK in August last summer the one month i'm never there. Enjoy.
    Saw Maiden for the first time in 2017 with Ghost in Chicago. Had a great time. And Penguin, if you can, be sure to get ya a bottle of Trooper! It's fantastic!