To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

So ive seen AC/DC quite a few times over the years and id change most of them to have seen them in other gigs i didnt attend. The only three i wouldnt trade is glasgow 82. Donington 84 and london 2003. If i could pick three to attend out of the top of my head it would be all bon gigs i guess. Maybe east kilbride 76. New york 77 (LAAS) and carlisle 78. Thoughts anyone?
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Jan 7th 2019

Well I've seen some of the latter tours and whilst they've always put on a great show, naturally I'd have liked to have seen something before 1986 (which is when I first saw them).

I'd go for 1982 in London, or something. Or perhaps something off the FOTS tour.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Jan 7th 2019

The try out shows in july 1980 in Holland. Especially because they were just around the corner of my place, so to speak. Came a few years to early sadly.
    Posted By: DavidcelticSo ive seen AC/DC quite a few times over the years and id change most of them to have seen them in other gigs i didnt attend. The only three i wouldnt trade is glasgow 82. Donington 84 and london 2003. If i could pick three to attend out of the top of my head it would be all bon gigs i guess. Maybe east kilbride 76. New york 77 (LAAS) and carlisle 78. Thoughts anyone?

Mr H it’s been too long sir! How the devil are you?

ps Red Cow, set 1 for me. Or CBGBs.
    Not too bad T. Hope youre keeping well yourself. Since i turned 50 ive even bought a guitar! Sold off a good bit of my collection, should have gave you a shout! (Just felt it all would be binned when i pop my clogs as i dont have any family into it)
    Red cow? Cause its seen as the first gig in UK? Personally i believe first gig was in edinburgh but lets not start a fight in here ;-)
    Was at CBGBs last year when in new york bit of a shame its closed now
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Treehorn
    • Jan 11th 2019

Posted By: DavidcelticNot too bad T. Hope youre keeping well yourself. Since i turned 50 ive even bought a guitar! Sold off a good bit of my collection, should have gave you a shout! (Just felt it all would be binned when i pop my clogs as i dont have any family into it)
    Red cow? Cause its seen as the first gig in UK? Personally i believe first gig was in edinburgh but lets not start a fight in here ;-)
    Was at CBGBs last year when in new york bit of a shame its closed now

Never heard the Edinburgh claim before- is there a story behind this or have I got wrong end of stick?
    Posted By: Treehornstick?

The union at sighthill campus for napier university
    They paid £50 quid for the band!
    They were in scotland visiting family
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Belford74
    • Jan 11th 2019

Napier College 1976....

https://www.louderso...

Now that would have been a gig! I saw the boys in 82 at the Glasgow Apollo on the first of the two nights. Wouldn't trade that for anything!!
    I was at the second night when they played live wire in glasgow on the saturday night and wouldnt trade that
    The napier gig was on a friday night as was red cow first gig
    Theres no proof in that book to tell where the first gig was played for certain
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Jan 11th 2019

I missed out on the "Thankyou" show at Hammersmith Odeon 17th December '79 as it was sold out, and was on holiday at the time they supported The Who at Wembley same year (my mate built the stage ramps and had access all area passes!), so I'll say both of those.

Of the Brian era, I was again on holiday for Monsters of Rock '84, which also featured Van Halen. Line-up to die for!!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: youngjohn
    • Jan 11th 2019

I wouldn't trade in any of the shows I was at between 79 and 86. All in Scotland. There's a few later ones I would give up due to dull stadium crowds, even though the band were great.

Would have loved to have seen them in Tokyo in 81, Circus Krone in 03 and probably the Apollo in 78.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Belford74
    • Jan 11th 2019

^^ Agree with Apollo 78 that would have been incredible. Also Red Cow and CBGB. Mind you I would also have loved to have been at some of the earliest gigs where Mal and Angus were both peeling off guitar breaks! Just too many great shows. One of my favourite versions of LTBR is from the Canada gig when they opened for the Stones....Holy Fuck!
    I've seen AC/DC live 11 times but I'd trade to see the Apollo 78' gig in Glasgow, plus the show where they played before The Who at Wembley in 1979. And finally any show from the 1980/81 Back In Black tour.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Treehorn
    • Jan 11th 2019

Posted By: Davidceltic
    Posted By: Treehornstick?

The union at sighthill campus for napier university
    They paid £50 quid for the band!
    They were in scotland visiting family

Never knew that, thanks! Interesting and guess it makes sense.
    Trade Newcastle city hall 82 and Hammersmith 82 for Glasgow Apollo 78 and Newcastle Mayfair 77
    Reasons Seen and done with AC/DC beyond my wildest dreams but if there was any bits missing never saw Mark Evans hence Newcastle Mayfair 77 and Glasgow Apollo 78 AC/DC best ever gig