To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

The title is self-explanatory. My guess (and I'm more often way off with my prediction) is Angus, Axl, Stevie, Rudd and Tommy Stinson. Maybe 2-4 more tours. A studio album or two and a live album.
    • AC/DC rock music: Ron
    • Jan 4th 2019

If an album/tour happens this year then in three years time I see the whole band in retirement. They'd have earned it
    In three years time it will all be over for good. Whatever comes out of Vancouver, the shows that support it will be their last. And I'll be grateful and happy with that. There is no way on earth IMHO that having coaxed Brian back that Angus will then go back to another singer, be it Axl or anyone else.
    Yeah. Maybe one more album with Brian and a small tour.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: edu
    • Jan 4th 2019

I would say they will be retired at that point.

But I also said that in 2010 so who knows
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jet1984
    • Jan 4th 2019

3 years from now I can hopefully say :

What they pulled off nearly 3 years ago was a worthy end to their doing. And then they just rode off into the sunset. No farewell and no tears. Thanks for the ride boys!
    Hopefully at the tail end of a successful album and tour that properly sends off Brian and Cliff and the band in general.

More is welcome but this last go around will be just fine if it's it.
    • AC/DC rock music: 80309
    • Jan 4th 2019

Posted By: nitroangus23Cliff and the band in general.

Cliff said he was retired at the end ROB Cycle in September 2013 just the same as any Employee retires from were they work. don't look to see cliff.
    There will be no AC/DC in 3 years. We'll have whatever Angus has got cooking at the time. These new recordings coming out this year will most likely be the last AC/DC album. I hope not but mortality is what it is.
    If something comes out of the Vancouver sighting in next few months then I see staggered world tour mid summer this year ending next summer with no more than 50 total cities , maybe 60 shows tops and then that's it
    But I do see a greatest hits package or another box set with more rare footage
    Maybe finally some material from mid 80s era
    But I don't see axl involved as he will most likely call it a day as well with a new gnr album and tour
    I think the likeliest scenario is their new album tour will have just recently wrapped up and the gang will finally call it a day.

However, the time line of AC/DC, hell never mind the time line, just the last 5 years have shown me that literally anything could happen. So really I don't think anything is unbelievable any more. Literally murder plots, deafness, heart attacks, retirements, and death have apparently not been enough to stop the resolve of AC/DC.
    I'd say they'd be done. Brian would be racing cars, possibly doing more life on the road, Cliff would be retired (and probably still is unless we get really lucky in the next few days) and just living his life normally (same with Phil unless he wants to do more solo stuff). Stevie and Angus probably will be either doing something with Axl/GNR, doing some solo stuff of their own, or retired.

Who knows, they could have 3 more albums out by then despite how unlikely it is, but we'll just never know until we get some announcements.
    • AC/DC rock music: Moparman
    • Jan 5th 2019

Havn, t you guys learnt, ac/dc will always exist, just like the stones there is no retirement, so long as angus is alive and his hands can play and his heart is willing to perform... Ac/dc will exist, there like the stones, so long as there alive, they, ll exist. Simple
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Jan 5th 2019

In the history books as the greatest rock and roll band to have ever existed.
    Angus will be doing something, it will just be a matter of who with and what name it will be under.

Hopefully the acdc train kicks into gear with some hidden vault gems/ goodies for us suckers to buy for years and years to come.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • Jan 5th 2019

Cliff will be retired, drinking wine in Florida. Brian be racing. Phil will put out Head Job 2 and tour pubs in Norway. Stevie would either be retired or included in some Angus' project.

As for Angus, he will never retire, at least officially.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Jan 5th 2019

its not ACDC anymore is it, no matter how you dress it up...its over !...the only ACDC that exists now or in the future is them nice big four letters and the marketing mans dream....
    • AC/DC rock music: Gavin82
    • Jan 5th 2019

Anything can happen any time make the most of any band you like things can change in a day The Boss The Stones the list can go on enjoy it while it lasts people
    Posted By: angus1878its not ACDC anymore is it, no matter how you dress it up...its over !...the only ACDC that exists now or in the future is them nice big four letters and the marketing mans dream....
    I mean we have Angus, Brian, Phil, and possibly Cliff back, but you do you, man...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Jan 5th 2019

Posted By: Alex LebanonIn three years time it will all be over for good. Whatever comes out of Vancouver, the shows that support it will be their last. And I'll be grateful and happy with that. There is no way on earth IMHO that having coaxed Brian back that Angus will then go back to another singer, be it Axl or anyone else.

Too early to really say that, imo. I could as easily suppose that Angus eventually came to the same conclusion as most everyone on this board regarding Brian's initial departure, and wanted to give Brian a proper sendoff, but then would continue touring with Axl or whoever.
    Nobody knows. Nobody has to know.
    Posted By: JemIn the history books as the greatest rock and roll band to have ever existed.

Certainly in the top two.
    •  
    • Jan 5th 2019

Posted By: Alex Lebanon
    Posted By: JemIn the history books as the greatest rock and roll band to have ever existed.

Top half of the top two.
    My guess is that this year they will release an album and it will be followed up by some sort of tour, it may be a world tour or it may just be a few shows to say goodbye without officially saying or announcing it as a goodbye but we will just know it's their last goodbye. So... in 3 years my guess is they'll (AC/DC) be happily retired and earning a well deserved rest with Angus maybe doing some solo stuff or teaming up with someone on a project of some sort.
    •  
    • Jan 5th 2019

Hopefully after AC/DC finishes, Angus Young will form The Angus Young Project with Brian, Phil, Cliff and Stevie.
    Posted By: BrianyHopefully after AC/DC finishes, Angus Young will form The Angus Young Project with Brian, Phil, Cliff and Stevie.

LOL :-)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Jan 5th 2019

If Angus' health will alow him, he will still continue making music. Probably with the brand ac/dc. Maybe with only Phil and Stevie on board.
    About to release the album we are waiting for now!!
    • AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Jan 5th 2019

Whatever they are up to, probably we will all be here on this forum trying to second guess it
    •  
    • Jan 5th 2019

Posted By: Briany

Top half of the top two.

Bravo sir, bravo.
    Unlike Seb, AC/DC know there's glory aplenty in the silver!

https://media.gettyi...

Top half of the top two.
    Both of the top two, one with Bon and one with Brian.
    Posted By: MyCubiclePenguin

Top half of the top two.

Now you're just being silly. :)
    •  
    • Jan 7th 2019

Posted By: MyCubiclePenguin

Top half of the top two.

Good point well made.

Thread closed.
    • AC/DC rock music: Flick
    • Jan 7th 2019

New album.
    I just see Angus. He might called it AC/DC, but the real fans will know what it will be.

Brian might do the odd appearance but nothing of substance; Cliff will be 100% done for good; Phil might be dead. Or at least broke.
    • AC/DC rock music: MGP
    • Jan 9th 2019

They will always exist. They have more than earnt their spot. We will not see them together as a band in 3 years time but they will exist in our hearts and minds and in history. In a weird way, I think they have to go to become more accessible..
    Posted By: MGPThey will always exist. They have more than earnt their spot. We will not see them together as a band in 3 years time but they will exist in our hearts and minds and in history. In a weird way, I think they have to go to become more accessible..

Well said mate!
    •  
    • Jan 9th 2019

My fear with Angus retiring is what it would do to him to give up the main thrust of perhaps not only his professional life, but the main thrust of his life overall. Outside of AC/DC, he lives a fairly quiet life, AFAIK, and he alludes to a couple of hobbies such as painting, but his off-the-road life complements and acts as a counter-balance to his on-the-road one. You remove AC/DC from the equation, and I wonder if painting tulips will sustain him of mind and body.

Could he do something else in the musical realm? Of course he could, but I've never gotten the impression that he particularly wants to do anything other than AC/DC. Never had the impression that he has a slow blues album in him. He's never done any real side projects or composed any music for use outside of the band.

That's why I say, if Angus wants to continue, he should. I'd hate to see him lay down his raison d'etre were it just for the sake of some fans sleeping easier at night. It wouldn't hurt the band's legacy at all. That's been established, and is totally safe. The Simpsons is so well regarded because of the first 10 brilliant series, not the 20 shite ones afterward. Creative enterprises are judged more by their peaks than their troughs. So it will be with AC/DC, whatever happens.
    • AC/DC rock music: Kev1980
    • Jan 9th 2019

2022, they’ll be practicing GFFH getting ready for the 50 picks and 40 flicks tour 2023/24.
    I think Angus will keep it going as long as the brand is making 100's of millions in revenue per tour
    Hopefully AC/DC will be retired
    Hopefully there will be vault items etc released here and there
    Hopefully they may do a small 8 gig tour whenever they feel like it preferably in Vegas at the Park Theatre
    Hopefully this next album is their last effort and it’s worthy of a see ya later we’ve done it all!
    AC/DoneC
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: marcinha
    • Jan 10th 2019

In three years time, AC/DC will have been retired for over 5 years.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: marcinha
    • Jan 10th 2019

Posted By: ForThoseAboutToPostAC/DoneC

Nice one. Well, not necessarily nice per se, but witty.
    Fuck knows
    Wrapping up their world tour of course.