To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: kyoung
    • Jan 2nd 2019

Are there any known live recordings of Let There Be Rock played like the album recording? Meaning the main riff was originally all down strokes on the guitar. I've seen different variations and even the video in the church seems Angus using a strumming motion but the recording sounds all down strokes.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: drillbag
    • Jan 4th 2019

They alternate pick the riff/it's not strictly downstrokes. I didn't realize before now that Angus stays soloing in A for a short while during his solo at about 4:50, while Malcolm already switched to playing the B chord.
    • Jan 4th 2019

After the first g chord i clearly hear Malcolm down strokes the e chord 6 times before the next g. I've always noticed this because it made the album version sound a bit faster and punchier. Since then there is more air and swing to the riff which is what I enjoy more.
    This version from Orebro 1977 is probably one of the closest performances to the studio version. This is also the earliest live performance I’ve ever heard and it could possibly be the first time it was played live

That was great ^

Would be cool to have a thread of 1st ever known recordings of songs played live with links.
    • Jan 5th 2019

Yes that sounds like it. Great find. There is an isolated track of Malcolms part of the recording. Sadly none of the links work anymore.
    Posted By: Jake VitaleThis version from Orebro 1977 is probably one of the closest performances to the studio version. This is also the earliest live performance I’ve ever heard and it could possibly be the first time it was played live

https://m.youtube.co...

Wow so damn close to my home. I could have swinged my first beer with Bon ffs.