To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

Well i got an urge to see Pet sematary, and i found it on youtube, amazing. Another one is tinker tailor soldier spy. Yes the old one.
    I've got a LONG list of pre-1970 Criterion Collection films I'm interested in, but they're expensive, especially in Canada.

Hopefully, the Criterion streaming service launching some time this year will alleviate things...
    Watch Bone Tomahawk. Cracking film with Kurt Russell
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rikha
    • Jan 3rd 2019

There are tons of cult movies I'd like to buy but they are rare/hard to find and somewhat expensive.

Many of them are horror/thriller movies such as "The Incubus (1982), "The Stuff", "Psycho II", "Poltergeist II", "The Funhouse", "Westworld"...many Stephen King based movies

There are others like "7 Faces of Dr. Lao", "Sinbad Trilogy: The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, The Golden Voyage of Sinbad and Sinbad the Eye of the Tiger", "Fantastic Voyage"...
    nobody mentioned...sharknado (cough cough)...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Jan 3rd 2019

Westworld; good shout!

Love me some cult movies. Mostly horror; The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is unmatched.
    But The Fearless Vampire Killers is also a true gem.
    Posted By: ianbigmacWatch Bone Tomahawk. Cracking film with Kurt Russell
    That movie is nuts lol. If you like something different and miss practical effects... this is your movie.

I would suggest Evil Dead 1, 2, Army of Darkness, and Ash vs Evil Dead.
    For me Performance will always be the ultimate cult film - it’s got it all - cracking dialogue, sex, drugs, rock n roll....and murder.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Jan 3rd 2019 edited

I'll watch The Great Silence tonight. Brilliant and brutal Spaghetti Western by Sergio Corbucci with the great late Klaus Kinski.
    Nice article about it here: https://www.nytimes....
    •  
    • Jan 3rd 2019

Love me some cult movies. Mostly horror; The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is unmatched.
    Horror Masterpiece
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: marcinha
    • Jan 3rd 2019 edited

Logan's Run.

I watch Westworld every now and then.

Saw E.T. for the first time since it was released. Not bad at all. Ages well. Way better than Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, which doesn't stand the test of time. Cheesy, shitty and unconvincing scenography, badly written, parody of itself.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Jan 3rd 2019

The Wicker Man - an eerie, unsettling film (the original, not the remake).
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Jan 3rd 2019

Not a movie but a series; Battlestar Galatica from the late seventies. Adama, Starbuck, Apollo and the Cylons. Great!
    Berry gordy ‘the last dragon’ 80s cheese at its best(or worst)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Malcolm78
    • Jan 3rd 2019

Predator from 1987 with Arnold Schwarzenegger, cult sci-fi action
    Favorite horror films would have to be Texas Chainsaw (1974) and The Shining
    Favorite "cult" films would have to be Blade Runner and all 8 paramount Friday the 13th films (Not scary in the slightest, but entertaining as fuck).

When it comes to retro horror (pre 1960's cultural boom), I stick with silent films. They manage to be both creepier and more disturbing than almost any other film due to deteriorated film quality, lack of sound (aside from atmospheric orchestral music written to be played in theatres), and limited film making techniques. Seriously, go watch "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari" - it's purposefully expressionistic, yet is probably scarier to watch now than it was 100 years ago (2019 is the 100th anniversary of it) due to the things I mentioned previously. It's really unsettling to watch.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Jan 3rd 2019

Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinFavorite horror films would have to be Texas Chainsaw (1974) and The Shining
    Favorite "cult" films would have to be Blade Runner and all 8 paramount Friday the 13th films (Not scary in the slightest, but entertaining as fuck).

When it comes to retro horror (pre 1960's cultural boom), I stick with silent films. They manage to be both creepier and more disturbing than almost any other film due to deteriorated film quality, lack of sound (aside from atmospheric orchestral music written to be played in theatres), and limited film making techniques. Seriously, go watch "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari" - it's purposefully expressionistic, yet is probably scarier to watch now than it was 100 years ago (2019 is the 100th anniversary of it) due to the things I mentioned previously. It's really unsettling to watch.

In that regard "Nosferatu – A Symphony Of Horror" is incredibly creepy.
    • Jan 3rd 2019

THE CORKMASON CHRONICLES
    They Live by John Carpenter
    • AC/DC rock music: tnpee
    • Jan 4th 2019

Good choises here. Original Wicker Man is great! Maybe you would like Blood on the satans claw and Horror Hotel (Christopher Lee)too. And almost every Carpenter movie!
    •  
    • Jan 4th 2019

Metropolis
    • AC/DC rock music: savsav
    • Jan 4th 2019

Thankass , Haha brilliant . i had totally forgot about The Fearless Vampire Killers . What a great film !
    • AC/DC rock music: Treeman
    • Jan 4th 2019

Posted By: ianbigmacWatch Bone Tomahawk. Cracking film with Kurt Russell

Great old school movie. Slow burns to a climax that's 180 degrees from what you were expecting. And Kurt is always the man.

Also dig The Guest from 2014. Has a cool John Carpenter/80s vibe.
    Posted By: savsavThankass , Haha brilliant . i had totally forgot about The Fearless Vampire Killers . What a great film !

Amazing movie. Hilarious and beautiful at the same time.
    Posted By: Phils teethThey Live by John Carpenter

Oh yeah sunglasses!
    Posted By: RoccoI'll watch The Great Silence tonight. Brilliant and brutal Spaghetti Western by Sergio Corbucci with the great late Klaus Kinski.
    Nice article about it here:https://www.nytimes....

That was a great Spaghetti Western, one of the best. Corbucci is underrated. Companeros is one of my favourites aswell.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Jan 9th 2019

Xtro - Very strange 80s British film about a man who gets abducted by aliens. Sort of like E.T., if E.T. were written and directed by David Cronenberg. Very much the definition of a cult classic, it bombed on release, but has sold well on DVD.

Woodchipper Massacre - Another 80s one that makes Xtro look like Spielberg by comparison. No professional actors or special effects. Made at the height of the DIY shot-on-shitteo movement, but it has an odd, quirky charm. It's fairly well edited and well scored despite its production budget of only a few hundred dollars. I see it as an ultra-low budget John Hughes teen comedy that has woodchipper-based maladies.
    • Jan 9th 2019 edited

Posted By: BrianyXtro

I like the sound of this - just had a look on Amazon and I'm going to watch it. I mostly watch French film but I like a bit of horror or sci-fi if not the silly overblown crap - British is fine.

**EDIT** Thanks for the recommendation, Briany! I ended up curious enough to see this last night, and wow what a MAD film, really great! The imagination in it, the crazy thing they conjured up, it's brilliant. I love how random and weird the various things the aliens caused were.

My favourite bit - the life-size Action Man - superb! The hot French girl comatose in a web, creating eggs was good.. Fab sex scenes as well...