To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: micahcarey
    • Jan 1st 2019 edited

It seems as if a couple of pictures lead to a great deal of speculation and rumours. I can't find ANYTHING that would actually prove this to be true!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Johnnysg
    • Jan 1st 2019

I don’t think Mal is back....
    Posted By: JohnnysgI don’t think Mal is back....
    I meant Phil haha!
    It would be nice if Mal came back though! I don't think Axl would ever be there.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Jan 1st 2019

Posted By: micahcareyIt would be nice if Mal came back though!

Well, it would, but it would also be a bit H.P. Lovecraft. Essential saltes and formulae chanted out loud.

It'd be nicer if the last four and a half years didn't happen the way they did.
    • AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Jan 1st 2019

Well Phil and Brian were pictured.

Question is really about Cliff, right?
    Do we know for a fact that the pics were taken in 2018 or during the RoB sessions?
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Jan 1st 2019

Posted By: micahcareyDo we know for a fact that the pics were taken in 2018 or during the RoB sessions?
    Yes Angus didn't look like an old japanese woman
    Yep compare photo's of Angus and Stevie in 2014 and 2018
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Jan 1st 2019

SFC
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Jan 1st 2019

Must admit I did think those pictures at the studio in Vancouver showed holograms of Brian and Phil, rather than real people.
    •  
    • Jan 1st 2019

Posted By: 900Must admit I did think those pictures at the studio in Vancouver showed holograms of Brian and Phil, rather than real people.

It was the big 'H' stamped on their foreheads that made me suspect, too.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 42_39_56
    • Jan 1st 2019 edited

Posted By: micahcareyDo we know for a fact that the pics were taken in 2018 or during the RoB sessions?

The pictures are good and Brian (and assuming the others) stayed at the Shangri-La Hotel for the month of August. And of course I discovered this after spending the majority of the month at the wrong FUCKING hotel.

SFC.
    • AC/DC rock music: CarwynO
    • Jan 2nd 2019

Yes, photographic evidence. If they were fake, someone official or from the band would have come out and said so; no news is also news in this instance. They’re not fake. Just take a look at Fraser’s phone in the one where he’s sat on the balcony, it’s huge. Definitely 2018, and definitely an album on the way this year
    As much as I am pulling for Slade to stay with the band, I cannot eschew the photographic evidence that Brian and Phil are doing something with Stevie and Angus. The question is what they are doing. Album and a magical tour where the band's lawyer opens the world up to Phil? With enough money, it seems anything is possible.

Slade has remained silent on the issue. He's content making jewelry and touring the world, playing drums and snapping photos of his adventures for the time being. Axl hasn't said a word either. Cliff is still a big question mark.
    •  
    • Jan 2nd 2019

Posted By: Jack B. NimbleAs much as I am pulling for Slade to stay with the band, I cannot eschew the photographic evidence that Brian and Phil are doing something with Stevie and Angus. The question is what they are doing. Album and a magical tour where the band's lawyer opens the world up to Phil? With enough money, it seems anything is possible.

Slade has remained silent on the issue. He's content making jewelry and touring the world, playing drums and snapping photos of his adventures for the time being. Axl hasn't said a word either. Cliff is still a big question mark.

Well, Phil was able to tour a good bit of Europe on his own, so the European leg of any future AC/DC tour shouldn't be too much of a problem. And he was apparently able to get to Canada. So, the only real question mark that remains is about the United States, since they tour it so heavily. I think Phil will be OK, here, too.

https://www.ezborder...

A) Phil was done on drug possession last time out. How many non-American rock stars have been done for possession of drugs, but continued to be able to tour the States and elsewhere? I'm sensing there's wiggle room in that law.

B) His sentence was 8 months of home detention. I don't know if this is seen as the same thing as standard incarceration when it comes to getting entry into the states.

C) Phil won't have to fill out a single form or meet with a single customs official, so there'll be no nervous scenes where he's being cross-examined at a table in a dark room with a single light bulb overhead. If his and the band's lawyers are earning their money, he'll simply get the call that he's good to go.

Worst comes to worst, the band do their tour as a run of dates in London or something.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • Jan 2nd 2019

Wasn't Phil cleared of any restrictions after serving the penalty in full? I remember reading an interview done after the 8 months of detention, Phil talked about him being free to travel anywhere then.
    • AC/DC rock music: Gavin82
    • Jan 2nd 2019

He would have too wait X amount of time before being able too apply too go too USA or other visa controled country they have the ££££££ etc he will get it no doubt
    He didn’t get off the hook in the first place because he probably couldn’t prove his employment. If he is indeed back it has been cleared up even if his sentence hasn’t run it’s course.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Jan 2nd 2019

So, the OP claims that The Newt is stuck in time (2014) and he now has to fear the Langoliers?
    • Jan 2nd 2019

Phil biggest issue Is healt I think. The rest Can Be solved by money
    •  
    • Jan 2nd 2019

Posted By: rideon77Phil biggest issue Is healt I think. The rest Can Be solved by money

As the band members age, health becomes more and more of a concern for each of them, so I don't know if he's necessarily any worse or better than the rest in that regard. That's talking about physical health, though. Regarding mental health, it seems to me that Phil is the most fragile in this category. Well, that is to say he's spoken quite openly about his issues. But as far as travelling around the world goes, doing it with AC/DC has to be one of the least strenuous ways (not counting time on stage) - you travel in luxury, everything's booked and ready to go, it's private planes and private cars. I'd say Phil would survive that.
    • Jan 2nd 2019

Posted By: Briany
    Posted By: rideon77Phil biggest issue Is healt I think. The rest Can Be solved by money

As the band members age, health becomes more and more of a concern for each of them, so I don't know if he's necessarily any worse or better than the rest in that regard. That's talking about physical health, though. Regarding mental health, it seems to me that Phil is the most fragile in this category. Well, that is to say he's spoken quite openly about his issues. But as far as travelling around the world goes, doing it with AC/DC has to be one of the least strenuous ways (not counting time on stage) - you travel in luxury, everything's booked and ready to go, it's private planes and private cars. I'd say Phil would survive that.
    He had multiple Heart surgeries recently
    •  
    • Jan 2nd 2019

Posted By: rideon77

Yeah, and now his heart issues have been fairly well fixed. Malcolm had a pacemaker installed, but he probably would have continued touring if the dementia had not got him. Maybe if Phil cuts it back from 40 Rothmans a day to 20, he'll be fine.
    • Jan 2nd 2019 edited

Yeah, and now his heart issues have been fairly well fixed. Malcolm had a pacemaker installed, but he probably would have continued touring if the dementia had not got him. Maybe if Phil cuts it back from 40 Rothmans a day to 20, he'll be fine.
    I'm not a doctor but playing Is different than playing guitar
    •  
    • Jan 2nd 2019

I'm no doctor either, but I'd say he's in much better form to play with the blockage cleared, rather than before when it was building up.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Jan 2nd 2019

I saw him with his band play in 2017, so after the heart attack, and there were no issues with his playing.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Jan 2nd 2019

The Rudd is with us. We are one with The Rudd.
    Posted By: JemThe Rudd is with us. We are one with The Rudd.

And also we are one with Brian, Cliff, Stevie, and Angus. ;)
    No issues with Phil's playing other than the music sucking balls that is.

He will be there for the tour!
    Posted By: Captain SK

All hail this Slovak!!
    Posted By: Wholelottatobe

All hail this Slovak!!

I'm really hoping for a gig in Bratislava!
    • AC/DC rock music: MGP
    • Jan 2nd 2019

A little bird told a little bird I know that release is being worked on for March. Thats all I know.
    For Fucks sake
    • AC/DC rock music: acdchead
    • Jan 2nd 2019

^^^ LMAO
    Posted By: Wholelottatobe

All hail this Slovak!!

I'm really hoping for a gig in Bratislava!

Let us all jointly pray for this to happen. All in the honour of Captain Slovakia.
    • AC/DC rock music: Gavin82
    • Jan 3rd 2019

Posted By: flattusmaximusFor Fucks sake

So close yet so far
    March?
    Phil's heart issues won't hold him back. Just had a stent put in. Like a 60,000 mile service on a car. Good as new
    • Jan 3rd 2019

Posted By: ianbigmacPhil's heart issues won't hold him back.
    You can't hold me back,
    You get a heart attack
    Posted By: Gavin82

So close yet so far
    For sure, unless this turns into Wrigley PT II where you’re still waiting 3 years on...
    • Jan 3rd 2019

Posted By: flattusmaximus
    Posted By: Gavin82

So close yet so far
    For sure, unless this turns into Wrigley PT II where you’re still waiting 3 years on...
    Probably there are some legal issues....but we'll have something soon
    •  
    • Jan 3rd 2019

The Vancouver get together should prove that any possible legal issues, if there were any, blocking the Wrigley release are either bullshit or solved.
    • Jan 3rd 2019

Posted By: ThankassThe Vancouver get together should prove that any possible legal issues, if there were any, blocking the Wrigley release are either bullshit or solved.
    Insurance obligations probably for the tour due to Phil and Brian situations
    I would think so Thankass, which could also mean it (Wrigley) simply got scrapped.if they could scrap that expensive of a project they can scrap this.

No I don’t think that happened or suggesting it. I went from no hope, to now my hopes to high, getting anxious here.
    •  
    • Jan 3rd 2019

Posted By: ThankassThe Vancouver get together should prove that any possible legal issues, if there were any, blocking the Wrigley release are either bullshit or solved.
    Insurance obligations probably for the tour due to Phil and Brian situations
    I know. I was just making a slight OT comment about Wrigley.
    I`m sure Brian is fit to tour - he isn't going to risk going deaf and i doubt AC/DC inc. would want to risk him bailing on another tour if not.
    •  
    • Jan 3rd 2019

Yeah, this deaf issue really needs some proper explanation if a tour in some form will be happening.

If it is the Ambrosio device it still will raise questions; they had at least one year time (from Coachella to feb 2016) to look for every possible solution in the market. I don't think mr. Ambrosio is the first and only to come up with such a solution.