To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

Ay!! Any Liverpool fans out here?? Looking good. Playing good. Great team.

Your thoughts?!
    Liverpool fan. Shitting myself.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Dec 30th 2018

Long way to go. Waited 29 years, can a while longer yet before getting excited.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Dec 30th 2018

I think it’ll go to the last weekend of the season.
    Being a long term Man City fan, Liverpool are looking the real deal. Klopp plays heavy metal football, That's ok by me
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: acadacauk
    • Dec 30th 2018

im a spurs fan. gutted with the result against wolves but what a result for liverpool against the gunners (wish it was a lot lot more). fairly sure we wont win but if we keep it up, top four. Keep utd out the top four and put a stop to city's hold.
    Man Utd. fan. I couldn't care less about Liverpool.
    • AC/DC rock music: Big Rab
    • Dec 30th 2018

Man Utd fan since 76 but appreciate Liverpool have a fab team.
    • AC/DC rock music: 71SG
    • Dec 30th 2018

Liverpool all the way, come on you reds
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Dec 30th 2018

Amazing how after Champions League disappointment they've come back stronger and not faded. Klopp is one charismatic dude who really deserves the PL title. I'm a neutral so not all that fussed, but it would be cool for the game for Liverpool to do it after so long.
    • AC/DC rock music: shocker
    • Dec 30th 2018

I used to be a fan of Newcastle United but lost interest the recent years and now they are not doing very well.
    But it was fun back in the 90's when Allan Shearer was at his best.
    Posted By: Big RabMan Utd fan since 76 but appreciate Liverpool have a fab team.

Always tought Liverpool and United used to be fierce rivals?

Posted By: shockerI used to be a fan of Newcastle United but lost interest the recent years and now they are not doing very well.
    But it was fun back in the 90's when Allan Shearer was at his best.

At least you can have a laugh at Sunderland every now and then?
    • AC/DC rock music: Bon'sBalls
    • Dec 30th 2018 edited

PSG Rules. English Football don't win anything. Mappe ist awesome, just like Cavani. Tuchel is an excellent coach. He will win everything this saison. Allez le bleu!
    • AC/DC rock music: Koprock
    • Dec 30th 2018

I was at the game yesterday, unbelievable atmosphere , I was behind the Arsenal goal in the first half,
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • Dec 30th 2018

Been a Manchester City fan for quite a while.

Liverpool has been very impressive, but who knows what could happen before May. Just recall the title race in the 2013/14 season. Poor Gerrard
    i do like the atmosphere in uk stadiums and all those friendly fans, we all had a great time here in Gelsenkirchen Germany at the ARENA in 2015 with fans from manchester, newcastle, liverpool. you're welcome, especially on the next DC Tour in 2019
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Dec 30th 2018

"PSG Rules. English Football don't win anything. Mappe ist awesome, just like Cavani. Tuchel is an excellent coach. He will win everything this saison. Allez le bleu!"

Interesting. Is this a new team in the Premier League? Never heard of them.
    Posted By: MeanstreakMan Utd. fan. I couldn't care less about Liverpool.

Ah Zlatan United! Good luck in 2019/2020.
    #COYI
    • Dec 31st 2018

Posted By: Rickshaw1#COYI

You've got Nasri now - interesting signing if he can get back to somewhere where he was and not be too much of a twat
    He’s a hammer now so something surely has to go wrong!
    •  
    • Jan 1st 2019

Good man!
    Do you go to the games?
    • AC/DC rock music: Rammy
    • Jan 1st 2019

I’m a season ticket holder at Manchester City. Did the long drive down to Southampton a few days ago t’was a great atmosphere. They sometimes play Dog Eat Dog at the Etihad at halftime whilst I’m having a pint
    • Jan 1st 2019

Azel and Rickshaw1 - where do you guys live, are you in town?

I'm a neutral but I like the Hammers, great move getting Pellegrini in as well.
    •  
    • Jan 1st 2019

Posted By: 900Azel and Rickshaw1 - where do you guys live, are you in town?

I live in Kent, but my family roots are in the immediate area of the old Boleyn ground.
    Been a season ticket holder for about 25 years.
    • Jan 1st 2019

Posted By: azelBeen a season ticket holder for about 25 years.

Impressive. Quite a lot of ups and downs in that time..
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Jan 1st 2019

This being an AC/DC related site: is this the acronym for Cover Oil You In?
    Posted By: azel

I live in Kent, but my family roots are in the immediate area of the old Boleyn ground.

Never ever seen them play live. I live in British Columbia, 4 hrs east of Vancouver by car.
    My dad was a hammers fan so I picked it up from him. My nan lived in Upmimster and the closest i got was on the tube going by Upton Park.

They are definitely better but losing to Burnley was not acceptable. Hopefully they can move Carroll and bring in someone who isn’t made of glass.
    Posted By: Rocco

Posted By: Rickshaw1
    Posted By: Rocco

Love it
    •  
    • Jan 1st 2019

Posted By: Rickshaw1
    Posted By: azel

Never ever seen them play live. I live in British Columbia, 4 hrs east of Vancouver by car.
    My dad was a hammers fan so I picked it up from him. My nan lived in Upmimster and the closest i got was on the tube going by Upton Park.

They are definitely better but losing to Burnley was not acceptable. Hopefully they can move Carroll and bring in someone who isn’t made of glass.

Do you watch the live streams?
    Thankfully the Hammers are on TV a lot here. I probably get to watch 20-25 of their games on regular programming.
    Have streamed some when I can find a free one, here and there.
    •  
    • Jan 1st 2019

Posted By: Rickshaw1Thankfully the Hammers are on TV a lot here. I probably get to watch 20-25 of their games on regular programming.
    Have streamed some when I can find a free one, here and there.

Cool.

BIG game tomorrow night. Need to score two, coz Glenn Murray is nailed on to get one!
    Posted By: Wholelottatobe

Zlatan United? I suppose that would be LA Galaxy, or Zlatan Galaxy. I supported Man Utd. long before Ibra even was born.
    • Jan 1st 2019

Posted By: Rickshaw1Hopefully they can move Carroll and bring in someone who isn’t made of glass.

It's a pity about Carroll because what a player he was when fully fit. A destroyer in the air but very decent on the ground too.
    •  
    • Jan 1st 2019

Posted By: 900
    Posted By: Rickshaw1Hopefully they can move Carroll and bring in someone who isn’t made of glass.

It's a pity about Carroll because what a player he was when fully fit. A destroyer in the air but very decent on the ground too.

Problem is with him, that coaches and team mates play to his perceived strengths.....ie, into his chest and head.
    He gets very few opportunities to strike on goal as he is always having to hold the ball up a little deep.
    Shame, because he is good with his feet.
    He's deadly in the air, but he's just so unreliable because he's made of glass. He could've been a real strong addition to England, in games where his height really could've been devastating to the opposition. Not for a full 90, but in certain spots he could've been a very valuable weapon. His career will always be a "what if" scenario. I say the Hammers sell him the window.
    Posted By: Meanstreak
    Posted By: Wholelottatobe

Zlatan United? I suppose that would be LA Galaxy, or Zlatan Galaxy. I supported Man Utd. long before Ibra even was born.

Zlatan made that team!!
    •  
    • Jan 3rd 2019

Man City vs Liverpool tonight, what you folks reckon?
    Posted By: StarskyMan City vs Liverpool tonight, what you folks reckon?

Boring draw or one of them wins with a late goal.

I've been a Man Utd fan since I was 8 but lost some of the thrill during the Post-SAF era. With Ole on board I'm excited again and counting the days 'til the next match. Liverpool and City are in great form and I don't think they will drop enough points for United to challenge them but I really think top4 is an option.

I must admit, City were brilliant last year, now Liverpool seem to be on fire. They are our rivals but for me it means it's good to beat them and finish above them (and City shouldn't be on the map of European Football, not with oil money). I kinda sympathize with Spurs, they don't spend much, have a good team and conception.
    •  
    • Jan 3rd 2019

Posted By: somawesome
    Posted By: StarskyMan City vs Liverpool tonight, what you folks reckon?

Boring draw or one of them wins with a late goal.

I've been a Man Utd fan since I was 8 but lost some of the thrill during the Post-SAF era. With Ole on board I'm excited again and counting the days 'til the next match. Liverpool and City are in great form and I don't think they will drop enough points for United to challenge them but I really think top4 is an option.

I must admit, City were brilliant last year, now Liverpool seem to be on fire. They are our rivals but for me it means it's good to beat them and finish above them (and City shouldn't be on the map of European Football, not with oil money). I kinda sympathize with Spurs, they don't spend much, have a good team and conception.

I'm a City fan, but this spending spree has gotten ridiculous, part of why I stopped following football as closely as I did a few years ago. It was not too bad during the Mancini era, got a bit worse when Pellegrini was in charge, but Guardiola is on another level. I never liked Guardiola before, now I almost don't care whether City wins or not. I much more prefer the 2011/12 roster to this one.

I hope the league sets some kind of a restriction on buying international players, since the budget limit doesn't seem to stop the wealthier clubs. At least make it more stern or something.
    •  
    • Jan 3rd 2019

Sat in front of TV.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Jan 3rd 2019

CITY v LIVERPOOL

god ! , what a dilemma if you support MAN UTD....
    I'm Spurs.
    Get in Aguero......
    • AC/DC rock music: Rammy
    • Jan 3rd 2019

At the game tonight and it was electric. Atmosphere in the ground was buzzing apart from about 3,000 in a corner moaning. In fact that is pretty much the same as when AC/DC played there last with Axl Rise singing
    •  
    • Jan 4th 2019

Sounded like there was some City supporters in the stadium tonight :)
    Call that electric?
    Terrible loss. But still think this could be Liverpools season in the end. Only one away game against a top six team, against United. Both Chelsea and Tottenham home at Anfield.
    •  
    • May 7th 2019

What a title race it has been. Vincent Kompany hit an absolute fucking belter yesterday to retain City's first position before the final week. Reminds me of the 2011/12 title race, perhaps we'll get another last-minute title winner?

I'm (sort of) glad my favorite football team is winning, but I am terribly sorry for all the Liverpool fans, I know there's quite a lot of them on this site. About to squander another chance at the title.

By the way, I discovered an old 2011/12 season football thread on this forum, some interesting pre-season statements and predictions there.
    http://www.acdcfans....