To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • Dec 27th 2018 edited

This is so crazy that I'm totally into this. What say you?

can't sit through half hour of this but skimmed through it... Bon singer horrible. Brian singer sounds a lot like late, late era Brian though.

Angus guys sucks with his stage moves.

The sound is way too far gone from the core rock of AC/DC for me.

If others enjoy this, so be it but I think it's kind of crap.
    The Bon guy is too smooth sounding, but there’s only one Bon Scott so I’d say he did all right. The orchestra is an interesting touch, but it kinda kills the vibe a bit. It separates them from AC/DC itself, which in a way is good because it makes them more unique, but it’s a bit hard to listen to in the long run. It’s an acquired taste of anything. I’d probably see it if they came anywhere close to me, but it’s not on my bucket list.

Good find, nevertheless!
    Those Bon and Brian are probably the best I've seen.

Not that I've seen many, granted.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Dec 28th 2018 edited

So. Many. Cuntz.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Dec 28th 2018

SHITE.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 42_39_56
    • Dec 28th 2018

A little less Elmo and that guy does a decent Brian.
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Dec 28th 2018

I think it's really cool. Both singers are pretty good
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Dec 28th 2018

I'm impressed by the rendition of Touch Too Much. This Singer Is reaaaaaaallyyyyy fucking good.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: marcinha
    • Dec 28th 2018

Sucks. Though I haven't listened to it.
    •  
    • Dec 28th 2018

For the record, I could not care less about the Bon/Brian stuff. I'm talking about the orchestral arrangements.
    Art takes many forms.
    •  
    • Dec 28th 2018

I take it S&M isn't well-received here...

•  
    • Dec 28th 2018

Awful.
    • AC/DC rock music: Sellen
    • Dec 28th 2018

yawn
    •  
    • Dec 28th 2018

Posted By: jonalbaFor the record, I could not care less about the Bon/Brian stuff. I'm talking about the orchestral arrangements.

Yeah, I care too. Enough to wait it out isolated in a sound proof environment from this shit. For orchestral pleasures, look elsewhere, best at classics.
    Posted By: jonalbaI take it S&M isn't well-received here...

S&M is way better than Load and Reload.
    Posted By: jonalbaFor the record, I could not care less about the Bon/Brian stuff. I'm talking about the orchestral arrangements.

orchestral arrangements are awesome! done with good taste and very original. I like it
    Can’t listen to it in full at work but I like how Dirty Deeds sounded.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BrennaB
    • Dec 29th 2018

Posted By: BallToucherThose Bon and Brian are probably the best I've seen.

Not that I've seen many, granted.

I agree. That Bon guy sounds a lot like Bon, and Brian sounds/looks even better as a Brian.
    I’ve seen mention of this on the Internet here and there but never really paid much attention to it. I’m just not into orchestras or symphonies. However, I watched these because they were posted and wow, I’m surprised I actually like it. They have a way of making the Symphony not so boring. Because yeah, symphonies are boring. I’d even pay to go see this.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Treehorn
    • Dec 29th 2018

Posted By: BrennaB
    Because yeah, symphonies are boring.

Out of interest, how many have you heard? Because to me, that's like saying you don't like films because you saw a film once and it was boring. Symphonies are as different as any band featuring a guitar. Berlioz's Symphony Fantastique is a world away from Mozart's 39th Symphony which is another world away from Shostakovich's 8th, for example. You might not like everything, but keep an open mind...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: SHOO23L
    • Dec 29th 2018

I'd like to see something like this done with their music, but with full classical arrangements--no band playing along, no vocals. It wouldn't be necessary to just do full songs, either; they have plenty of great riffs that could be used as the foundations of pieces to link full songs together (think about what the beginning of Fly on the Wall would sound like with a full orchestral arrangement).
    •  
    • Dec 29th 2018

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Treehorn
    • Dec 29th 2018

I'm unlikely to watch it all, but I will grudgingly concede that this makes for a better show than I thought it would. The trailer for this show came up on the forum some months back, and from the snippets I heard then, it sounded like little, if any thought had been put in to the arrangements.

The ideas might have been tweaked since them- but it does sound better. I'd much rather AC/DC without orchestral accompaniment, and I speak as an orchestral player... But from what I hear, the arrangements work very well most of the time.

The best orchestral arranging I've heard for a band remains The Scorpions 'Moment of Glory'. In terms of being faithful to the original band, whilst giving the likes of Strauss and Wagner a run for their money.

Lot of empty seats here though, and these are pricey shows to put on. So we'll see what happens with it. I imagine Russia will be the biggest market
    I’d take that any day!
    •  
    • Dec 30th 2018

The empty seats at the Scorpions symphonic arrangements are because for people who are really into classical music, these types of renders are complete tacky and cheap shit. For the test, I guess pricey.
    Personally I can't get into any of that crossover style music . There was a let a LTBR orchestral tour here in Aus a few months back (Simon on drums and others from the Bon but not forgotten shows)I heard a grab on the radio and it was fucking awful.I know a lot of work goes into the arrangements , but for me it does not work at all.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BrennaB
    • Dec 31st 2018 edited

Posted By: Treehorn
    Posted By: BrennaB
    Because yeah, symphonies are boring.

Out of interest, how many have you heard? Because to me, that's like saying you don't like films because you saw a film once and it was boring. Symphonies are as different as any band featuring a guitar. Berlioz's Symphony Fantastique is a world away from Mozart's 39th Symphony which is another world away from Shostakovich's 8th, for example. You might not like everything, but keep an open mind...

I like films if they are in the genre I want to see. I dont care for scary movies, cheesy musicals (except maybe grease), foreign films with subtitles, or a documentary about snail farts.
    I wouldn’t pay to watch a concert of a band I dont like either. The fact that I haven’t seen one in person doesn’t change the way I feel about the music. To me, if I may dare to breath an opinion, the music is boring.
    I dont know, get me high and maybe I’d change my mind. I would like to see this AC/DC one though.
    It's alright. I like that they've tried a different approach.
    • AC/DC rock music: FLACDC
    • Jan 3rd 2019

Loads of empty seats in that joint. Think that about sums it up.