• Jul 11th 2019

Brace for impact, as usual.
    • AC/DC rock music: Chef
    • Jul 11th 2019

Nothing to see here - more bullshit speculation no doubt
    Posted By: ChefNothing to see here - more bullshit speculation no doubt

Not this time.

Honest question: Is it common for well established radio stations to just flat out lie about an upcoming announcement from a major act like AC/DC?
    • AC/DC rock music: Nachos73
    • Jul 11th 2019

Posted By: Wholelottatobe

Not this time.

If an announcement is coming...wouldn't be about the album before announcing the tour?
    Posted By: Nachos73
    Posted By: Wholelottatobe

Not this time.

If an announcement is coming...wouldn't be about the album before announcing the tour?
    Perhaps it's both at the same time? I suppose all we can do is wait and hope.
    MyCubiclePenguin pretty sure that pic from ROB time.
    • AC/DC rock music: SAU3R
    • Jul 12th 2019

Or they really decided to not release the album and do some kind of farewell greatest hits tour
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: marcinha
    • Jul 12th 2019 edited

Posted By: El3ment380

Honest question: Is it common for well established radio stations to just flat out lie about an upcoming announcement from a major act like AC/DC?

Potentially lying about what exactly? That they heard something from someone, indicating everything has been surrounded by rumors?
    Sounds like BS
    Posted By: moosefball77Sounds like BS

^^THIS
    Posted By: marcinhaPotentially lying about what exactly?

About their sources being "reliable".
    Hope it's true. Need me some shows to go to
    • AC/DC rock music: Ron
    • Jul 12th 2019

https://www.louderso...

Metal Hammer are running with it
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Jul 12th 2019

Posted By: SAU3ROr they really decided to not release the album and do some kind of farewell greatest hits tour

If it were to be one or the other, a tour is better than an album. AC/DC have done enough albums, and another album is unlikely to be a stormer. A tour, on the other hand, gives them one more chance to be what they always set out to be, a live band.

I think we just came to expect an album because they were photoed in the studio, but they never promised an album, they never announced they were going into the studio to record an album, and when they were spotted, they erected parasols to block out future photos. That level of secrecy implies a whole other mindset to what they were doing.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Jul 12th 2019

Posted By: BrianyIf it were to be one or the other, a tour is better than an album.

Maybe so. But I still really hope we'll get both:)
    Posted By: DrBelfordMaybe so. But I still really hope we'll get both:)

Remember, Mike Fraser did say he couldn't talk about what happened in the studio....."yet".
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • Jul 12th 2019

Posted By: El3ment380

Music radio stations are not exactly known as reputable news sources, as opposed to say a news radio station. That said, it's totally possible they have a legit source, though anyone using that ROB pic is BSing.

There's obviously been a lot of chatter in the last month. Fingers crossed boys and gals.
    I'm pretty sure we've seen (or rather, heard) radio stations lie on here in the past
    •  
    • Jul 12th 2019 edited

https://www.rollings...

(German edition of RS)
    Posted By: Bruno Pasettohttps://rollingstone...

Reading this in another article by Spanish Rolling Stone, I figured that this site very well could be a bad joke:

AC DC
    The Australian band managed the feat of playing in New York on New Year's Eve 1973 in a not very popular nightclub. It was one of their first gigs, and they did not have enough songs to play for as long as they needed - and called for a cover of The Beatles, Rolling Stones and Elvis Presley. No one there had heard of the band, and they did not like it very much. The manager of the house, then, did not like it at all. Every 20 minutes or so he would get angry and turn off the stage energy, and complain that they were playing too loud. (Translated from Spanish).

What idiot wrote that garbage?
    Posted By: Briany
    Posted By: SAU3ROr they really decided to not release the album and do some kind of farewell greatest hits tour

If it were to be one or the other, a tour is better than an album. AC/DC have done enough albums, and another album is unlikely to be a stormer. A tour, on the other hand, gives them one more chance to be what they always set out to be, a live band.

I think we just came to expect an album because they were photoed in the studio, but they never promised an album, they never announced they were going into the studio to record an album, and when they were spotted, they erected parasols to block out future photos. That level of secrecy implies a whole other mindset to what they were doing.

Dude, some band literally asked Brian Johnson in an airport "are you in the new AC/DC album?" And Brian: "yes, im sick of denying!" How can you possibly say that there is no album??? They literally were in the same studio they recorded the last 3 albums!
    Probs BS but doesn't stop me getting excited as f*ck
    There's people here that can deny this - lets see
    •  
    • Jul 12th 2019

Posted By: carolinareaperThere's people here that can deny this - lets see

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Rikha
    • Jul 12th 2019

Seems like July is a good month, isn't it?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Jul 12th 2019

SFC
    Posted By: JemSFC

I'll follow you anywhere Mr Gump.
    • AC/DC rock music: Gavin82
    • Jul 12th 2019

Can anyone get Elliott on the phone too see if he can confirm this...!!!!! Haaaaa
    Posted By: ianbigmacMyCubiclePenguin pretty sure that pic from ROB time.

Posted By: jonalba, though anyone using that ROB pic is BSing.
    Found it on google images for meme’s sake
    Posted By: JemSFC

KFC

No denial. I am getting pumped, beefcake levels. I would be emotional.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Jul 12th 2019

The picture is not at all clear. Conflicting reports. SFC.
    FFS
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Jul 12th 2019

I smell bullshit
    • AC/DC rock music: RuddOrBust
    • Jul 12th 2019 edited

Entering the thread like "is it announced yet or not?"

Start at 2:07.
    I smell the roses....
    • AC/DC rock music: Gavin82
    • Jul 12th 2019

What was the Paris rumour date for 2020 @ The SDF
    What is in Rudd's bag in the boot?
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Jul 12th 2019

Posted By: CliffFINmark2KFC

LoL!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Jul 12th 2019

Posted By: carolinareaperWhat is in Rudd's bag in the boot?

Cocaine
    RIG
    Can’t tell if I should get excited or if I’m just getting stroked again
    • AC/DC rock music: CarwynO
    • Jul 12th 2019

Hahahah why the hell would a band/brand as big as AC/DC announce a tour in mid July ?
    If it means anything, our House Band Cover of "That's the Way I Wanna Rock n Roll" has now been muted.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Jul 12th 2019

I am due to be hanged in 1989
    Posted By: CarwynOHahahah why the hell would a band/brand as big as AC/DC announce a tour in mid July ?

A big german band called Rammstein recently announced their stadium tour of 2020.