To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

Posted By: Gavin82
    Posted By: carolinareaperStill amazing there`s not been a leak - must 10 people on here plus 100`s of people at venue`s, marketing, record company, family etc that will know what`s happening.

This is so 100% there is 100s of people involved maybe after VC they taking extra extra care.

They shouldn't take extra care. FFS we deserve something. This secrecy is absolute bullshit
    My last comment wasn’t at you GreenJag.

But since we are here, thanks for the info, you and your sources have been good n the past.
    • AC/DC rock music: Big Rab
    • Jan 12th 2019

Come on Jem spill the beans.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Meanstreak
    • Jan 12th 2019 edited

Oh, this is the grown men became nervous children thread...Can't you go somewhere else, like e-mail or something, and ventilate your ideas about how many are in the know and your anxious frustrations?
    • AC/DC rock music: Gavin82
    • Jan 12th 2019 edited

Its actually a little funny lols how many people could know how many Stadiums are there & how many record stores are there goes too show amount of people involved & hear is us lot chompimg @ the bit
    NDA's and loyalty i guess
    Posted By: Gavin82Its actually a little funny lols how many people could know how many Stadiums are there & how many record stores are there goes too show amount of people involved & hear is us lot chompimg @ the bit

You really think there's 100s of people who know? I kinda doubt that. Do people at stadiums really need to know if AC/DC is playing at a given date or does it just suffice for them to hear that some big band wants to book it on date X or Y? Also, how many people in marketing actually need to be in the know? As long as nothing is physically printed like posters or CDs are pressed etc. the number of people can be rather low. Maybe 20 or so. It wouldn't take an army to design posters or to create the cover art. The announcement might not even be written up yet.

I guess that technically the band, their families, people who were directly involved in creating the album (and their kin), along with some higher-ups and designers at Sony are really all the people who KNOW about this project. I can't imagine this number or people being too huge, so long as an announcement or release isn't directly imminent.
    What’s JIG?
    • Jan 12th 2019

Posted By: IronPatriot
    Posted By: Gavin82Its actually a little funny lols how many people could know how many Stadiums are there & how many record stores are there goes too show amount of people involved & hear is us lot chompimg @ the bit

You really think there's 100s of people who know? I kinda doubt that. Do people at stadiums really need to know if AC/DC is playing at a given date or does it just suffice for them to hear that some big band wants to book it on date X or Y? Also, how many people in marketing actually need to be in the know? As long as nothing is physically printed like posters or CDs are pressed etc. the number of people can be rather low. Maybe 20 or so. It wouldn't take an army to design posters or to create the cover art. The announcement might not even be written up yet.

I guess that technically the band, their families, people who were directly involved in creating the album (and their kin), along with some higher-ups and designers at Sony are really all the people who KNOW about this project. I can't imagine this number or people being too huge, so long as an announcement or release isn't directly imminent.

Lols you do know when Stadiums get booked out there management dont phone up & say Hello we cant tell you our names & who we represent but we still want too book your Stadium out people do talk.
    As for the posters etc its not just 1 man in a print shop doing posters for the whole world
    Posted By: Gavin82
    Posted By: IronPatriot

Lols you do know when Stadiums get booked out there management dont phone up & say Hello we cant tell you our names & who we represent but we still want too book your Stadium out people do talk.
    As for the posters etc its not just 1 man in a print shop doing posters for the whole world

I'm pretty sure there's a way they can book a stadium without being all too revealing to everyone who works at the stadium... Also, I highly doubt AC/DC goes and calls in and tries to book the stadium itself. That's left up to LiveNation or other promoters to do. I'm sure those companies can pull something like that off.

Duh... I know that dude. Do they need posters now though?? No. They need posters when stuff gets announced and last I checked that hasn't happened yet. Til then there's no need to be printing stuff and therefore it's sufficient for simply a handful of design people to know something right now.
    • Jan 12th 2019

So you think every thing gets printed off @ the very last minute do you? I mean enough for the whole world EU USA ASIA Oz NZ its a team of people working hand in hand in with all other countries & its all left till last minute yeah just so no 1 knows ok
    Posted By: Gavin82So you think every thing gets printed off @ the very last minute do you? I mean enough for the whole world EU USA ASIA Oz NZ its a team of people working hand in hand in with all other countries & its all left till last minute yeah just so no 1 knows ok

Well, IIRC, there are hints of them working on promo material during the Play Ball behind the scenes video, there were people checking out the new album cover etc. Also, I don't think the official logo for RoB was released until (way) after the announcement. I'm also pretty sure that any and all promotional videos (and photos) were shot after the announcement. So technically they didn't really have to alert printers and whatnot of anything until they had officially announced the album.
    I was completely guessing on that last page. Unless the mods are flat out fucking with us (which I highly doubt), they keep mentioning February. It’s a bit too late now for the release date to be in February given that we don’t even have anything official yet, so I’m just speculating. I will say that a near 6 month gap between recording and announcement is a bit much, but let’s pray it’s worth the wait.
    Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinI was completely guessing on that last page. Unless the mods are flat out fucking with us (which I highly doubt), they keep mentioning February. It’s a bit too late now for the release date to be in February given that we don’t even have anything official yet, so I’m just speculating. I will say that a near 6 month gap between recording and announcement is a bit much, but let’s pray it’s worth the wait.

Well I don't think it's necessarily off by too much, if at all... Just look at the Black Ice album release schedule. Recording ended in late April of 2008; a little under four months later we get the announcement in August and the album is released on October 17th of 2008. Also, I believe they were supposedly in Vancouver until at least the first quarter of September, so if the announcement doesn't come until early February, it would still only be 5 months. In other words, they're still within the grace period, imo.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: marcinha
    • Jan 13th 2019

Discussing a global conspiracy now are we?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 42_39_56
    • Jan 13th 2019

I’m sick in bed for 5 days and come back to 109 new comments talking about the same stuff and I wouldn’t trade it for the world.
    •  
    • Jan 13th 2019

Ersatz reality.
    I’m calling it. We’re getting a massive career retrospective box set with all sorts of rare shit. And a few new songs too.
    Posted By: 42_39_56I’m sick in bed for 5 days and come back to 109 new comments talking about the same stuff and I wouldn’t trade it for the world.
    that's the spirit
    Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinI was completely guessing on that last page. Unless the mods are flat out fucking with us (which I highly doubt), they keep mentioning February. It’s a bit too late now for the release date to be in February given that we don’t even have anything official yet, so I’m just speculating. I will say that a near 6 month gap between recording and announcement is a bit much, but let’s pray it’s worth the wait.

I think we have to accept the reality that no one connected with this forum actually knows jack all about the future of ac/dc
    Posted By: tomscotlandI’m calling it. We’re getting a massive career retrospective box set with all sorts of rare shit. And a few new songs too.
    And I’m good with that, more than we could have expected this time last year.

As much as I want to hear new music, I want to hear or see shit that None of us have before.

I know it was different times, was there any pre Bon-Fire announcement?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • Jan 13th 2019

Posted By: RamblinRose

I think we have to accept the reality that no one connected with this forum actually knows jack all about the future of ac/dc

This is violently incorrect.
    Posted By: jonalba

What's preventing these people from divulging any of that info exactly?
    •  
    • Jan 13th 2019

If you burn a source, why would said source want to give you info again?

I guess I dont understand why a "source" would share information with someone if they didn't want that person to share it with others, I dont get the motive for sharing that info in the first place if you're going to ask the person you shared it with to keep it to themselves. Typically a source is used to leak information am I right?

I guess I dont understand why a "source" would share information with someone if they didn't want that person to share it with others, I dont get the motive for sharing that info in the first place if you're going to ask the person you shared it with to keep it to themselves. Typically a source is used to leak information am I right?
    Then you must be a dumbass. If you have connections with a band member, or someone within their camp, you can’t go about spewing information given to you in confidence. It’s called betrayal. There are people here who know a lot of behind the scenes information. I’ve been around long enough to know to read and shut the fuck up. I get tired of assholes demanding to know shit. Fuck off.
    •  
    • Jan 13th 2019

A source may leak information to be put out now, or they may ask it be kept off the record and just are telling you out of good faith because they know it's of interest to you. As a journalist, I routinely have this happen.

If you don't believe there are legitimate insiders on here, do some searches through the archives of when ROB and BI were about to drop.

Let's put it in a different scenario - Betty is a whore. Betty got pregnant one day, and only told her closest friends. One of these friends, Linda, couldn't keep her mouth shut and told somebody, thus leading to the whole school knowing about it. Linda is then very pissed and ends their friendship.

Jonalba is trying not to be Linda, because, if he flat out told us "hey, the release date is so and so!" and then the entire internet knew about it, then it pretty much ruins ACDC's control over the situation and they wouldn't be able to announce it when they felt they were ready to. Of course they don't have control over the entire situation given that photos and rumors are around, but, for the most part, they still have a handle on it.
    Posted By: Up2myneck

Then you must be a dumbass. If you have connections with a band member, or someone within their camp, you can’t go about spewing information given to you in confidence. It’s called betrayal. There are people here who know a lot of behind the scenes information. I’ve been around long enough to know to read and shut the fuck up. I get tired of assholes demanding to know shit. Fuck off.

I've been reading this forum since it was risingpower.net or whatever so I'm not some noob you need to try to pull rank on lad. I appreciate the other posters answering my questions which I dont think were unreasonable or out of line they were just pointed questions I'm sure a lot of people have. I think everybody is frustrated by the lack of actual news about the band and if asking people questions about what the know or claim to know makes me an asshole than fuck it
    Can’t say I’m getting frustrated at the lack of news, savour the build up cos it won’t happen again.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 42_39_56
    • Jan 14th 2019

Can’t believe that some still can’t enjoy the ride. :)
    Question for insiders - do you expect a video roll call in the next few weeks?
    Posted By: Up2myneck

I've been reading this forum since it was risingpower.net or whatever so I'm not some noob you need to try to pull rank on lad. I appreciate the other posters answering my questions which I dont think were unreasonable or out of line they were just pointed questions I'm sure a lot of people have. I think everybody is frustrated by the lack of actual news about the band and if asking people questions about what the know or claim to know makes me an asshole than fuck it

Account created in 2015.....1 discussion started and 6 comments. Get an account older than 3 years and a better rep before you start to preach about the people who have been here since day 1 running the site the way they do.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Jan 14th 2019

Posted By: magpies1990_77Can’t say I’m getting frustrated at the lack of news, savour the build up cos it won’t happen again.

Posted By: 42_39_56Can’t believe that some still can’t enjoy the ride. :)

Exactly my thoughts - the build-up and anticipation, endlessly dragging on, is all part of the fun! We won't experience it again and it's amazing we're in this situation as it is.
    • AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Jan 14th 2019

Message from a complete outsider to the insiders on this forum...whoever you are.

If I was an insider there is no way I would break the trust of the band and divulge confidential plans on an open forum like this, especially when we all know how ACDC value privacy. You are completely doing the right thing.

I am excited to know what it is, but my life can function quite nicely knowing something is in the pipeline, without knowing what the hell it is :)
    •  
    • Jan 14th 2019

What is the certainty some have that there will be a new album based on anyway?
    • AC/DC rock music: Richraff
    • Jan 14th 2019

Recent pictures of them all in the studio...
    •  
    • Jan 14th 2019

I said certainty.
    I trust the information that has come from my friends on this forum. You can't just disclose everything that is happening right here or the whole world will then know and all the sources will be burned. Rest assured, it is happening.

I think there have been enough hints if you look closely enough. Its just separating out from those who post their own thoughts and wishes with absolutely no insider info from those who leave that little trail of cheese crumbs to follow which if your patient enough leads to the big prize. The reality is even an "insider" gets their info second hand and there are always last minute changes in direction, legalities etc that unless your are part of management or Angus that you are likely to find out about till a bit later.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Jan 14th 2019

Posted By: tomscotlandI’m calling it. We’re getting a massive career retrospective box set with all sorts of rare shit. And a few new songs too.

I'd have said this, too, but it doesn't tally with the band being there for an extended period if they were only recording a few new songs. On the other hand, we don't know the process that took place in the studio. If it was a more spontaneous call to get in the studio, then it's possible they were spending extra times figuring things out.
    •  
    • Jan 14th 2019

Posted By: TryioToastI trust the information that has come from my friends on this forum. You can't just disclose everything that is happening right here or the whole world will then know and all the sources will be burned. Rest assured, it is happening.

There's quite a bit in between nothing and everything while the alleged insiders have supposedly disclosed nothing more than is being concluded from Vancouver studio spotting.
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Jan 14th 2019

Posted By: 42_39_56Can’t believe that some still can’t enjoy the ride. :)
    The problem Is thare's no ride at alllllllll
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • Jan 14th 2019

Posted By: MyCubiclePenguin

Let's put it in a different scenario - Betty is a whore. Betty got pregnant one day, and only told her closest friends. One of these friends, Linda, couldn't keep her mouth shut and told somebody, thus leading to the whole school knowing about it. Linda is then very pissed and ends their friendship.

Well I hope Betty gives birth in February and tours Europe in June
    Angus lighted Stevie's cigarette at the terrace of Warehouse Studios in Vancouver. What else proof do you need?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Jan 14th 2019

Phil cancelled his 2018 tour in april last year already to rejoin ac/dc. That's enough proof.
    •  
    • Jan 14th 2019

Posted By: ThankassPhil cancelled his 2018 tour in april last year already to rejoin ac/dc.

Where's the proof he cancelled his tour for that reason? Where's the proof he has rejoined AC/DC?
    Posted By: marcinha
    Posted By: ThankassPhil cancelled his 2018 tour in april last year already to rejoin ac/dc.

Where's the proof he cancelled his tour for that reason? Where's the proof he has rejoined AC/DC?

bloody hell mate. What do you want? Authenticated signed copies of his contract welcoming him back into AC/DC?? There are pictures of him with Brian on the balcony of the recording studios in Vancouver from late last year at the same time Angus ansd Stevie were also pictured there!! How much more proof do you need?
    • Jan 14th 2019

Well as far as i know his tour did NOT re start nor has it been talked about correct me if im wrong on this
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Jan 14th 2019

It's no science of course. Ok, he rejoined with his former ac/dc band mates in (at least) august.
    Do you think Angus would ask Phil to rejoin his former ac/dc band mates to go through some unreleased stuff and release it on a "Volts" cd?
    Cancelling a whole spring and summer tour for "technical reasons" is bullshit of course. Maybe the first 2 dates for logistics reasons would be plausible. The Phill Rudd band never made an announcement again after that.
    In my world that's 1+1=2