To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: 900
    • May 13th 2019

"Brian left Sarasota recently" doesn't quite have the same ring to it as Jesus Just Left Chicago, but we wait in hope for some announcement of new song titles...

I don't like the thought of a new release being nearly a year since recording...I like the idea of thinking this is how the band is now. Still, I'll be grateful if we get anything after all this...
    • AC/DC rock music: gozone1
    • May 13th 2019 edited

" Let me summarize: it wasn't until April that you heard that something is on its way to be released by the band? "

It was last November that I heard around April or so, also that they would tour and Europe would be first.

"And, as longs as it doesn't mean that you would be revealing any top secret information, where did you hear about this Greg Billings project and Brian's involvement in it?"

I was at a Greg Bilings show, he talked about. He has a new a band Abraham & Billings, plus the GBB. Brian just contributed to one of the songs is all.

IronPatriot 4 hours ago quote
    Posted By: gozone1
    Posted By: carolinareaper
    Brian and Cliff been spotted quite a lot in Florida over the last few months so i doubt any rehearsals have happened yet.

Angus, Phil and Stevie not been spotted for at least 6 months as far as i know

Brian left Sarasota recently to go overseas for a few months, so who knows what he is up to. The earliest I ever heard of anything possibly coming out was around April, and anyone who knows anything won't talk about detail. Something will come up though. Brian wrote some lyrics for Greg Billings, (a song called "we all need some healing?"), who has an album coming out in June.

Let me summarize: it wasn't until April that you heard that something is on its way to be released by the band?

And, as longs as it doesn't mean that you would be revealing any top secret information, where did you hear about this Greg Billings project and Brian's involvement in it?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • May 13th 2019

Posted By: gozone1Brian left Sarasota recently to go overseas for a few months, so who knows what he is up to.

Maybe he's doing what other 70 year olds with lots of money and free time do - he's gone on a cruise.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • May 13th 2019

AC/DC-Cruise Control
    Brian is not there in a band related issue. But is there any doubt after the last tour that this is a business not a band. After that all buddy-buddy band image was broken, and now I picture it more as Ang sitting alone in the first row of business on the plane and Brian down in coach row 59 Aisle. And they have a person passing messages between em.

Ang: Got tour?
    Bri: Huh?
    Ang: Dog eat Dog?
    Bri: Up to my neck in you.
    Ang: Who made Who?

Oh the humanity. The illusion is broken.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • May 13th 2019

Let's hope they are Back in business again
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • May 15th 2019

VOLBEAT will release its seventh album, "Rewind, Replay, Rebound", on August 2 via Republic Records. For the album, VOLBEAT — Michael Poulsen (guitars/vocals), Rob Caggiano (guitars), Kaspar Boye Larsen (bass), and Jon Larsen (drums) — builds upon its distinct, psychobilly, punk-tinged rock 'n' roll sound it is known for, while reaching for new creative summits.

"The whole point for us going into the studio, is because you still have something to prove — not just for the fans, but mostly for yourself," says Poulsen. "We would not be able to do this record if it wasn't for the work we have done in the past. No matter how old the band gets or how many records we do, there is always going to be that signature sound."

"Rewind, Replay, Rebound" is available for pre-order on all formats, including a 2 CD deluxe edition, a special deluxe edition box set, and transparent and blue colored vinyl, numbered and limited to 1,000 copies each.
    •  
    • May 15th 2019

Posted By: CliffFINmark2Brian is not there in a band related issue. But is there any doubt after the last tour that this is a business not a band. After that all buddy-buddy band image was broken, and now I picture it more as Ang sitting alone in the first row of business on the plane and Brian down in coach row 59 Aisle. And they have a person passing messages between em.

Ang: Got tour?
    Bri: Huh?
    Ang: Dog eat Dog?
    Bri: Up to my neck in you.
    Ang: Who made Who?

Oh the humanity. The illusion is broken.

Sorry, but it's not a binary thing between the band being best mates versus some fucked up Eagles situation. A band as a business is never a buddy-buddy situation (and if it is, then possibly to its own detriment), and it's more on us and our naivete that we created that bubble. A band as a business is a buddy-business, meaning that it's good for the members to be friends, but hard decisions may also have to be made from time to time.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • May 15th 2019

I had a dream the other night that it's being released next month, so Blabbermouth, if you're reading, put it to print please.
    So far May is a fucking shit month. Nice one jonalba :-)
    •  
    • May 15th 2019

We ALL have that dream XD
    Posted By: InfernoVOLBEAT will release its seventh album, "Rewind, Replay, Rebound", on August 2 via Republic Records. For the album, VOLBEAT — Michael Poulsen (guitars/vocals), Rob Caggiano (guitars), Kaspar Boye Larsen (bass), and Jon Larsen (drums) — builds upon its distinct, psychobilly, punk-tinged rock 'n' roll sound it is known for, while reaching for new creative summits.

"The whole point for us going into the studio, is because you still have something to prove — not just for the fans, but mostly for yourself," says Poulsen. "We would not be able to do this record if it wasn't for the work we have done in the past. No matter how old the band gets or how many records we do, there is always going to be that signature sound."

"Rewind, Replay, Rebound" is available for pre-order on all formats, including a 2 CD deluxe edition, a special deluxe edition box set, and transparent and blue colored vinyl, numbered and limited to 1,000 copies each.
    Can't wait!
    Inferno - Volbeat is bloody awful.

Briany - of course it is a business. But if the rumours are true that Brians stuff from the tour were just sent to him, Ang never called etc when the plug was pulled on the tour, they just moved on.

Ang never called Rudd either when he was having his issues.

Yes. That burst the bubble for me after Bri and Ang doing great buddy-buddy promo work for BI and ROB especially as a duo etc. Thats was all for promo. Naieve or not, it does not fit my picture of how things would go in ACDC land: you dont spit your guts to the public, but the family takes care of matters and is a family.
    •  
    • May 15th 2019 edited

Posted By: CliffFINmark2Inferno - Volbeat is bloody awful.

Briany - of course it is a business. But if the rumours are true that Brians stuff from the tour were just sent to him, Ang never called etc when the plug was pulled on the tour, they just moved on.

Ang never called Rudd either when he was having his issues.

Yes. That burst the bubble for me after Bri and Ang doing great buddy-buddy promo work for BI and ROB especially as a duo etc. Thats was all for promo. Naieve or not, it does not fit my picture of how things would go in ACDC land: you dont spit your guts to the public, but the family takes care of matters and is a family.

1. According to all official sources, the issue with Brian was known about for quite a while. That would have meant they had time to discuss it. That would have meant they had time to make peace with it. We're talking about whether or not Angus had a chat on the phone with Brian, but ignoring the fact that they had lots of time to chat backstage and in their private jet.

2. You can't really win with sending the stuff to Brian because if they'd sent it to him late, that'd be just as bad optics. I can imagine that when you leave a big tour like that and your stuff is sent to you, seeing it at your house can bring home the reality that the train has left you behind - not a nice feeling, I'm sure, but it doesn't necessarily imply malice on the part of the sender.

3. I'm sure Phil didn't call Angus either when he was planning on releasing a crappy ill-timed solo album or embarrassing the band with his out of control, drunk & on drugs antics.
    • May 15th 2019

Posted By: Brianyit doesn't necessarily imply malice on the part of the sender.

For sure not malice, but the implication was a sense of bad form, tactlessness... But on the other hand, the guy on the receiving end might naturally exaggerate things, not through intent, just via natural emotion.

Time heals wounds and all that...

Let's just hope the happy ending we thought was on the horizon still arrives!
    I don’t think this is worthy of its own thread, but the official ACDC youtube account just posted for the first time in two years.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • May 16th 2019

Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinI don’t think this is worthy of its own thread, but the official ACDC youtube account just posted for the first time in two years.

Definitely a sign.

Surprised SME didn’t block it :D
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • May 16th 2019

Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinI don’t think this is worthy of its own thread, but the official ACDC youtube account just posted for the first time in two years.

I saw it as well, watched it right away, when it only had about 16 views. I wonder why they uploaded this random No Bull video now, after 2 years of inactivity.
    I bet it is because "THEY" had nothing to do with it?
    •  
    • May 16th 2019

Crazy that the label purged most of AC/DC's music from Youtube. Maybe the reason that it was taken down had nothing to do with an imminent album (that was more of a coincidence), and the real reason was just a dispute between the label and YT over royalties?
    Ang found the password to YouTube - it is on!
    Posted By: benji
    Surprised SME didn’t block it :D

LMAO!

Posted By: CliffFINmark2Ang found the password to YouTube - it is on!

That was the problem all along... test is a success... new album incoming...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • May 16th 2019

They're putting the new album online, except it's just going to be Rock or Bust the track.
    Hah could the issue really have been missong YouTube password? That was the one thing we missed to ask Jem - seems like we finally cracked it.
    •  
    • May 16th 2019 edited

"SLIPKNOT has set "We Are Not Your Kind" as the title of its new album, due on August 9 via Roadrunner."

• May 16th 2019

Posted By: benjiDefinitely a sign.

Hope the big announcement is tomorrow, I'm off work and can fuck about all day. It was a right old lionel trying to keep up with the forum when ROB came out..
    •  
    • May 16th 2019

p.s. All these album we are seeing announced now are coming out in August or September, and tours are fall and winter. Summer tour season is locked in and done.
    •  
    • May 16th 2019

Aaaand...the video is gone again. Weird. What's happening? Upload by mistake? XD
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • May 16th 2019

What was the video?
    •  
    • May 16th 2019 edited

Live Version of "You shook me all night long" from No Bull I think...

So it seems like "false alarm" once more :(
    Posted By: DrBelfordLive Version of You Shook me all night long from No Bull I think...

So it seems like "false alarm" once more :(

But there’s activity of some sort, so that’s a good thing... It almost seems as if they’re testing the YouTube account.
    •  
    • May 16th 2019

I don't know... seems more like "confusion". What would you need to "test" about your YT account?
    Spellbound.
    Posted By: DrBelfordI don't know... seems more like "confusion". What would you need to "test" about your YT account?

I was kidding about the testing thing. Of course they don’t have to test it. But why would they upload something and take it down shortly after? All I’m really saying is that there seems to be something going on with their YouTube account, which at least suggests that things aren’t completely dead on the AC/DC front.
    •  
    • May 16th 2019

LOL Ok, sorry, that went completely over my head haha *facepalm*

You're right, let's just hope that these "activities" are actual life signs
    Well this is ominous

Here’s some ACDC!
    Nah, just kidding

Who runs the “official” account, because it obviously isn’t Angus (although that’d be funny as hell if it were)
    Posted By: Alan Charles DixieSpellbound.

You rang?
    4h ago:

The new Hells Bells Shirt is totally ready

https://www.instagra...

If I remember correctly it was being work upon a month or two back. Somethaang is cokiiiing.

THE LOAF IS IN THE OVEN, PEOPLE!!!
    •  
    • May 17th 2019

Posted By: CliffFINmark24h ago:

The new Hells Bells Shirt is totally ready

https://www.instagra...

If I remember correctly it was being work upon a month or two back. Somethaang is cokiiiing.

THE LOAF IS IN THE OVEN, PEOPLE!!!

Somebody ought to tell that guy that what he drew is Hell's Bell, not Hell's Bells.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • May 17th 2019

Posted By: CliffFINmark2THE LOAF IS IN THE OVEN

Is this the title of the new album?
    Posted By: Rocco

It is. It was originally Meatloaf is in the oven, but then tjey heard that there is an artist called Meatloaf and had to rethink. Options were "the loaf is in the oven" or "rock n roll loaf is in the oven"
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • May 17th 2019

Posted By: CliffFINmark2
    Posted By: Rocco

It is. It was originally Meatloaf is in the oven, but then tjey heard that there is an artist called Meatloaf and had to rethink. Options were "the loaf is in the oven" or "rock n roll loaf is in the oven"

They also considered "Let Me Put My Loaf Into Your Oven".
    • AC/DC rock music: Piledriver
    • May 17th 2019 edited

I don’t know how to interpret the silence of Jem, is it a good sign or bad??
    Posted By: PiledriverI don’t know how to interpret the silence of Jem, is it a good sign or bad??

A good sign. But just in case...........JEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WNA?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • May 17th 2019

Posted By: WholelottatobeWNA?

I see that marcinhism is spreading
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • May 17th 2019

Jem is busy with writing the invitations for the upcoming video shoot in London. And he is also responsible for the sandwiches that are provided, for free, at the occasion.
    •  
    • May 17th 2019

• AC/DC rock music: ACDCnut
    • May 17th 2019

That would be a dream come true