To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Feb 11th 2019

JFC
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Viking
    • Feb 11th 2019

Dont forget that Mal had had some extremely complicated surgery before, that may have pushed it on for him when the illness started to really kick in
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 42_39_56
    • Feb 11th 2019

Posted By: TryioToastPosted By: 42_39_56
    This is way better than “playing tennis with Phil’s nephew tomorrow”

42_39_56 you should know better. THAT is the greatest line ever.

This is true.

But holy hell: “I lived across the Street from Angus and he has been My mate all My life and had Invites for the funerals of George and Malcolm from Angus.” will live on forvever as second place.
    This is getting more and more ludicrous by the minute
    Posted By: IronPatriotThis is getting more and more ludicrous by the minute
    Yeah, nothing's coming today. I was somewhat hopeful at first, but it's just too late now I feel. If it ain't announced this month, then I'd say who knows anymore. It could be never, but let's fucking hope not. I don't wanna be on here 5 years from now discussing what the final cancelled ACDC project would have been like with tiny bits of leaked songs floating around the internet, I wanna be on here 5 years from now discussing how good/bad the album was and how lucky we were to even get it in the first place...
    See you guys in November.
    Posted By: MyCubiclePenguin
    Posted By: IronPatriotThis is getting more and more ludicrous by the minute
    Yeah, nothing's coming today. I was somewhat hopeful at first, but it's just too late now I feel. If it ain't announced this month, then I'd say who knows anymore. It could be never, but let's fucking hope not. I don't wanna be on here 5 years from now discussing what the final cancelled ACDC project would have been like with tiny bits of leaked songs floating around the internet, I wanna be on here 5 years from now discussing how good/bad the album was and how lucky we were to even get it in the first place...

You’re totally right. My thoughts exactly. Today ain’t the day. End of story. I’ve kinda established for myself that it’ll likely be announced between 9am and 3pm EST because that would be a good time for most of the world. Not too late and not too early and that even includes Europe.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Gentox66
    • Feb 11th 2019

Posted By: Tyler1819See you guys in November.

Why November?
    •  
    • Feb 11th 2019 edited

Posted By: Gentox66

Why November?

Some people think the 11/2/19 means November 2nd instead of February 11th
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Feb 11th 2019

Are we sure it isn’t a map reference?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Gentox66
    • Feb 11th 2019 edited

Posted By: 42_39_56

Why November?

Ok got it.
    Maybe if that's the case and that's the release date of the album, every day from now is a good day for an official announcement...

Why November?

Ok got it.
    Maybe if that's the case and that's the release date of the album, every day from now is a good day for an official announcement...

I doubt it means November 2nd... it’s way too far in advance for them to nail that into place. And why would they have waited that long in the first place? It makes very little sense
    I am about to give up...... I'm starting to believe there is some underlying issue and this "new album" will never see the light of day. Something just doesn't feel right anymore.

Maybe Jem is really telling us..... SFC (Stop Fucking Caring), because maybe he knows something we don't ;)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Feb 11th 2019

Posted By: kmcdonald606I am about to give up...... I'm starting to believe there is some underlying issue and this "new album" will never see the light of day. Something just doesn't feel right anymore.

Maybe Jem is really telling us..... SFC (Stop Fucking Caring), because maybe he knows something we don't ;)

He's privy to a bit more than most, but those in the know tend to be careful with their words.

The Vancouver leaks were a double-edged sword. On the one hand they created a wave of joy to know the band was doing something. On the other hand, they created an increasingly unbearable weight of expectation for some.
    Posted By: Briany
    Posted By: kmcdonald606I am about to give up...... I'm starting to believe there is some underlying issue and this "new album" will never see the light of day. Something just doesn't feel right anymore.

He's privy to a bit more than most, but those in the know tend to be careful with their words.

The Vancouver leaks were a double-edged sword. On the one hand they created a wave of joy to know the band was doing something. On the other hand, they created an increasingly unbearable weight of expectation for some.

Very well put, Briany. A big part of me wishes we had never seen the Vancouver pics or even heard that they were there. It was clearly never AC/DC’s intention for the public to know they were there. Heck, when compared to 2014 there’s far fewer photos (plus they seem much less candid about photography this time around).
    Posted By: IronPatriot

Why November?

Ok got it.

I doubt it means November 2nd... it’s way too far in advance for them to nail that into place. And why would they have waited that long in the first place? It makes very little sense
    Please! no 'November Rain' jokes!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BrennaB
    • Feb 11th 2019

The people in their inner circle, the ones they are friends with or that they have a professional relationship with are damn good at keeping secrets. It seems that with all the people they have come in contact with somebody would have leaked something.
    I wish I had friends like that.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Feb 12th 2019 edited

Posted By: 80309Fuck Your a Retard , Youtube is the Same
    That was your first strike.

Posted By: 80309Cliff said he was retired at the end ROB Cycle in September 2013 just the same as any Employee retires from were they work. don't look to see cliff.
    Wrong. That was your second strike.

Posted By: 80309There is no Tour So nothing to Hold Up.
    Angus has not Decided what will be done with the finished album IF anything will ever be done with it.

Posted By: 80309I lived across the Street from Angus and he has been My mate all My life and had Invites for the funerals of George and Malcolm from Angus.
    Your very next post will provide evidence of this statement, or you will join the list of banned members. If you do not have evidence, or do not intend to provide evidence, we don't expect to see another single post from you.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • Feb 12th 2019

Why November?

Do they really? I said it as a joke, the date is way too far in future imo.

I started thinking, why did we believe this 11/2 thing in the first place? Wasn't it just a picture posted by an absolutely random user?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Feb 12th 2019

SFC. Stay fucking calm.

There is an issue. It could get resolved.

And then we RTFO.
    It could get resolved?
    FFS
    • AC/DC rock music: wizza
    • Feb 12th 2019

More likely to get resolved or not so do you think jem with out saying to much
    Whisper me Jem. I'll keep it under the hat. I'm a steel trap
    Issue regarding touring or the album or both?
    Posted By: Briany

You talk so much sense Briany. That's a compliment BTW
    •  
    • Feb 12th 2019

Stay Fucking Could
    • AC/DC rock music: shocker
    • Feb 12th 2019

I am 100% confident that the new songs will be released in one or another form, maybe a new album or included in a boxset.
    A tour is more doubtful, I think.
    Posted By: shockerI am 100% confident that the new songs will be released in one or another form, maybe a new album or included in a boxset.
    A tour is more doubtful, I think.
    I said sort of the same thing. It could be a Brian retrospective like Bonfire for Bon.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rikha
    • Feb 12th 2019

Posted By: Jem

SFC. Stay fucking calm.

And then we RTFO.
    That's what I feared the most...I only hope the issue isn't Phil.
    • AC/DC rock music: Gavin82
    • Feb 12th 2019

Well its 1 or the other......
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Feb 12th 2019

The vibrant, expectant atmosphere has taken on a distinctly cold and suddenly rather gloomy and anxious tone. I feel a bit sorry for the band as well, hope everything gets sorted out.
    • AC/DC rock music: Raff
    • Feb 12th 2019

Posted By: 900The vibrant, expectant atmosphere has taken on a distinctly cold and suddenly rather gloomy and anxious tone.

Well...this forum exploded with expectations since August. Now it's a hard landing as things did not happen as fast as fans were hoping for so the atmosphere changes from enthusiasm to uncertainty.

I am still positive that the recordings will be released and there still is a good chance for shows.

Stay patient. Stay calm.

SFC. Stay fucking calm.

And then we RTFO.

Thank you Jem. I appreciate you telling us what you are allowed to tell us.

My guess, is that it is one of the following...

a. An issue with their current or potential future label
    b. Because of the Malcolm recorded tracks, maybe it’s an issue with his estate
    c. It could be an issue of % splits between band members or “one member”
    d. The quality of Malcolm’s recording

e. Not being serious here - Axl’s plane was delayed and he threw a hissy fit... and still hasn’t shown up to the recording studio to record his side of the double album.
    f. Not being serious here - Slade hasn’t programmed his drum machine yet for the second side of the double album. (Before people bite my head off, I love slade and thank him for stepping in when Phil had his issues. I consider him, acdc’s #2).

I wasn’t a religious man until today. I pray for AC/DC

SFC. Stay fucking calm.

And then we RTFO.
    Thank you. That at least lets us know about why they didn’t announce this in fucking December.

Posted By: 900The vibrant, expectant atmosphere has taken on a distinctly cold and suddenly rather gloomy and anxious tone. I feel a bit sorry for the band as well, hope everything gets sorted out.

Posted By: 900The vibrant, expectant atmosphere has taken on a distinctly cold and suddenly rather gloomy and anxious tone. I feel a bit sorry for the band as well, hope everything gets sorted out.
    Agreed
    • AC/DC rock music: CWT1965
    • Feb 12th 2019

Posted By: kmcdonald606

SFC. Stay fucking calm.

And then we RTFO.

Thank you Jem. I appreciate you telling us what you are allowed to tell us.

My guess, is that it is one of the following...

a. An issue with their current or potential future label
    b. Because of the Malcolm recorded tracks, maybe it’s an issue with his estate
    c. It could be an issue of % splits between band members or “one member”
    d. The quality of Malcolm’s recording

e. Not being serious here - Axl’s plane was delayed and he threw a hissy fit... and still hasn’t shown up to the recording studio to record his side of the double album.
    f. Not being serious here - Slade hasn’t programmed his drum machine yet for the second side of the double album. (Before people bite my head off, I love slade and thank him for stepping in when Phil had his issues. I consider him, acdc’s #2).

I wasn’t a religious man until today. I pray for AC/DC

I suspect it is to do with insurance for any tour

Brian having serious hearing issues and only sung 1 song live since he left ROB, i would not be surprised if he is uninsurable, it is a huge risk sending him out on the road, a cancelled show costs tens of millions

Likely getting insurance for Phil will be difficult too given his erratic behaviour and addictions in the past

There is no reason why they could not release an album without a tour though
    I think we can forget about any news for the foreseeable IMO.

I do believe though if we are going to get one final tour from the current 'main band', Young/Young/Johnson/Rudd/Williams then it is now or never, mainly due to failing health/age & the willingness of Brian & Clive to tour.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Feb 12th 2019

Posted By: CWT1965Brian having serious hearing issues and only sung 1 song live since he left ROB, i would not be surprised if he is uninsurable, it is a huge risk sending him out on the road, a cancelled show costs tens of millions

One glimmer of hope though, he looked confident and at ease in that performance. It wasn't his best (a bit off on the 2nd verse onwards) but he didn't look troubled.
    Something tells me that Angus wants Phil onboard on a tour aswell. I actually think that might be an even bigger risk. Do they need a replacement drummer behind the curtains?
    I doubt Brian is uninsurable.
    • AC/DC rock music: FLACDC
    • Feb 12th 2019

Who the hell knows at this point? I have zero expectations and will be happy with whatever transpires as long as Brian, Phil and Cliff are on board. Until then I will attempt to SFC.
    • AC/DC rock music: grizzly
    • Feb 12th 2019

Don't think either Phil or Brian would be uninsurable, but the risk ratings could be massive.

It feels like everything is stuck in the twilight zone right now.
    If you think about what happened last time around, they announced Rock or Bust and then the whole Phil thing happened, leaving the tour sort of up in the air for a while. I would imagine not wanting to go through the waiting process like that again and just have everything all shored up and ready to go for an announcement.

They have shown in the past they are willing to wait (for Cliff to get his Australian visa to record Powerage, when Cliff had his hand injury prior to Black Ice, etc) so I'd rather wait too than get premature information.
    •  
    • Feb 12th 2019 edited

Member 80309 has been banned (previously banned as member ACDCLIVE11).
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Feb 12th 2019

Posted By: gravedancerIf you think about what happened last time around, they announced Rock or Bust and then the whole Phil thing happened, leaving the tour sort of up in the air for a while. I would imagine not wanting to go through the waiting process like that again and just have everything all shored up and ready to go for an announcement.

They have shown in the past they are willing to wait (for Cliff to get his Australian visa to record Powerage, when Cliff had his hand injury prior to Black Ice, etc) so I'd rather wait too than get premature information.
    But they were younger. Singing AC/DC at 71 Is something really hard.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Meanstreak
    • Feb 12th 2019 edited

Posted By: bonlivesMember 80309 has been banned (previously banned as member ACDCLIVE11).

Angus' neighbor and friend?
    •  
    • Feb 12th 2019

Yeah. Angus obviously moved house due to the shit neighbours.
    Posted By: bonlivesMember 80309 has been banned (previously banned as member ACDCLIVE11).

The ban hammer hath swungeth
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Feb 12th 2019

Posted By: Meanstreak

Angus' neighbor and friend?
    That's correct because Angus lives at number 80308
    Posted By: bonlivesYeah. Angus obviously moved house due to the shit neighbours.

Surely if he lived next to Angus & Malcolm at some stage they would have told him to fuck off and/or kicked the shit out of him. LOL :-)

SFC. Stay fucking calm.

And then we RTFO.

I'm not sure how to take this info but for the first time since the Vancouver photos emerged I'm a little worried... :-(