To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: matirocker
    • Dec 8th 2018 edited

Lead Vocals: moosefball77
    Lead Guitar: matirocker
    Rhythm Guitar: benji
    Bass: matirocker
    Drums: AngusRudd1019

Audio mixed by matirocker
    Video produced by benji
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: edu
    • Dec 8th 2018

One of my favorites, PURE GOLD

pd: fuck YouTube and its censorshit
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Dec 8th 2018

Posted By: eduOne of my favorites, PURE GOLD

pd: fuck YouTube and its censorshit

Ditto all of the above!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Dec 8th 2018

My only quibble is that Moose doesn't get angry until after the solo. : )
    Great performances!

Mati and Benji, can you either share your setups here or point to a thread that talks about your gear and settings? You guys have awesome amp tones. :)
    • AC/DC rock music: fdevil
    • Dec 8th 2018

Wouhhhhh...Better and Better...Moose..and all of the team : fucking great performance...
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Dec 8th 2018

Brilliant! Massive performance by Moose.
    I’ve been waiting so long for this one fantastic cover as usual
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Gaolbreak
    • Dec 8th 2018

Fantastic!!
    It's a great tune. But....I have to point out a few things. Moose is flat before the chorus. I don't mean out of tune, but lacking the sass, vibrancy, and color of the original. After the solo, when Bon kind of makes those moaning sounds (oooh, ooooh, yeah), it almost sounds a tad "obscene" for a lack of a better word. Bon took some lyrics and made them come alive. I know I've always said to make it your own, but this one lacked the feeling. I still think your aces, Moose. Just being constructive.

Then, at the 58 second mark or so when everything is kicking into gear for the main riff, I don't hear the bass as prominently as on the original. The bass line on the original (played by Mark no less) is part of what makes the transition into the main riff roll.

Other than that, awesome. I love how you guys really captured the guitar tone and sound of the original. Of course, Corey did great as the Rudd! ;-)
    Posted By: Jack B. NimbleIt's a great tune. But....I have to point out a few things. Moose is flat before the chorus. I don't mean out of tune, but lacking the sass, vibrancy, and color of the original. After the solo, when Bon kind of makes those moaning sounds (oooh, ooooh, yeah), it almost sounds a tad "obscene" for a lack of a better word. Bon took some lyrics and made them come alive. I know I've always said to make it your own, but this one lacked the feeling. I still think your aces, Moose. Just being constructive.

Then, at the 58 second mark or so when everything is kicking into gear for the main riff, I don't hear the bass as prominently as on the original. The bass line on the original (played by Mark no less) is part of what makes the transition into the main riff roll.

Other than that, awesome. I love how you guys really captured the guitar tone and sound of the original. Of course, Corey did great as the Rudd! ;-)
    I wouldn't go that far, but I get what you're saying. Although, it is hard to tell someone to sing like Bon fucking Scott, and Moose always had a more Brian-like voice, anyways. Still great shit, though, most men couldn't pull that kind of singing off. Guitars are near perfect as always.
    I could overdose on this it was that good .....
    Gotta love Moose wearing headphones with a hat, tho.
    Great!

Makes me wanna play guitar too, If I could I would play the beginning of the song over and over.

Shame they don't make 'm like this anymore
    Posted By: BallToucherGotta love Moose wearing headphones with a hat, tho.

Yep. Moose is great. He's my favorite cover singer for AC/DC. I'm so glad that he was able to hook up with Mati, Benji, and crew.
    Great underrated song. too bad it was never played live. Great performance.
    Thanks everyone!

Posted By: Bedlam_in_Toronto
    Mati and Benji, can you either share your setups here or point to a thread that talks about your gear and settings? You guys have awesome amp tones. :)

I usually use Guitar Rig 5 but for this one, Ben grabbed my direct guitar signal and used some sort of tone replicating software (bias was it?). We did the same for our 2018 cover of Let There Be Rock, and he did it for his guitar on several videos, like Soul Stripper.
    Posted By: matirockerThanks everyone!

I usually use Guitar Rig 5 but for this one, Ben grabbed my direct guitar signal and used some sort of tone replicating software (bias was it?). We did the same for our 2018 cover of Let There Be Rock, and he did it for his guitar on several videos, like Soul Stripper.

Wow, outstanding sound and totally shocked it's not miced from a great amp. Good work!
    Wow, outstanding sound and totally shocked it's not miced from a great amp. Good work!

Well, we all record from our homes and neither Ben and I have either great amps, or a way to properly record them the way they should be. Thanks!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Dec 12th 2018

Great tones, great singing in the lower register.
    This song makes me realise again why i love the LTBR album so much. What an epic, gritty motherfucker of an album.
    nailed it once again...one of my fave songs......love it..AngusRudd1019 awsome
    Can you guys do Ride On please?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: marcinha
    • Dec 14th 2018

Brilliant.
    • Dec 14th 2018

Posted By: Jake VitaleCan you guys do Ride On please?

I second that. Then we would finally have the chance to have a version of the song that would sound like AC/DC played it with some good singing.
    Posted By: Rocco
    Posted By: Jake VitaleCan you guys do Ride On please?

I second that. Then we would finally have the chance to have a version of the song that would sound like AC/DC played it with some good singing.

And no cheesy soccer jerseys. Moose is allowed to wear a wrestling shirt though.
    Posted By: Jack B. NimbleIt's a great tune. But....I have to point out a few things. Moose is flat before the chorus. I don't mean out of tune, but lacking the sass, vibrancy, and color of the original. After the solo, when Bon kind of makes those moaning sounds (oooh, ooooh, yeah), it almost sounds a tad "obscene" for a lack of a better word. Bon took some lyrics and made them come alive. I know I've always said to make it your own, but this one lacked the feeling. I still think your aces, Moose. Just being constructive.

Can you share your credentials? How long have you been a vocalist? Because if you don't sing or produce then you can fuck right off mate!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BrennaB
    • Dec 14th 2018

Posted By: RuddOrBustCan you share your credentials? How long have you been a vocalist? Because if you don't sing or produce then you can fuck right off mate!

I second that sentiment
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: marcinha
    • Dec 15th 2018

Some more fans.net comedy up there ^ :)
    • Dec 15th 2018

Posted By: RuddOrBust

Can you share your credentials? How long have you been a vocalist? Because if you don't sing or produce then you can fuck right off mate!

Leave Jack alone and fuck off yourself.
    What's the next song you will record and share?

My suggestion, considering some above comments... This Means War!
    Posted By: RuddOrBust

You don’t need to be a sous chef to properly criticise food. You don’t need to be a film maker to criticise film. And you don’t need to be a singer to criticise vocals.

Lighten up. There’s nothing wrong with respectful critiques.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: SHOO23L
    • Dec 19th 2018

Great job, guys! Very enjoyable!
    Link updated with Vimeo video