To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Dec 6th 2018

This is TREMENDOUS.

I was there. So was my sister. At the very front.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Dec 7th 2018

^Sounds like you have a cool sister, Meanstreak..

I got into AC/DC via my sis... she had HTH and I was fascinated by the album cover and who the characters were... I thought Angus was the singer at first. I came home from school once and a good 75 metres from home I heard HTH absolutely booming out - she was playing the vinyl ludicrously loud!

I remember she had the RnRANP 45 around same time.

Angus looks cool in this Stockholm clip...he seemed to be getting a bit old back then, now it seems like he was still young.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rikha
    • Dec 7th 2018

During Jailbreak solo Angus tumbled onto the floor (40:35)
    I love the High Voltage breakdown, Angus and Brian going along with the chants from the crowd. Great show. Thanks for posting. They are a total ass kicking machine.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • Dec 7th 2018

Legendary High Voltage, one of the few times the boys go off-script.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Dec 8th 2018

What a great setlist!
    Posted By: RoccoWhat a great setlist!

Probably the best until AXL/DC came along.
    Funny bit Brian shooting his guns at around 17:40.

The band sounded killer on that tour, and I've always thought Fire Your Guns is Rose on steroids. Starts at around 15:11

Gimme Fire Your Guns over Sweet Candy anytime. Hard rock at its best.
    • Dec 8th 2018

Fire Your Guns is a powerful song, I prefer it album tempo but whatever. The song worked as in that era Brian had more power left and the guitars had some edge, albeit not Angus' classic sound.

I don't think that song would have worked so well just 5 years later on Ballbreaker.
    Posted By: 900I don't think that song would have worked so well just 5 years later on Ballbreaker.

It would had been the best track along with Ballbreaker (the song).

For some reason (probably age), AC/DC forgot how to write a ballsy song. Other than Rock or Bust (the song) there's nothing ballsy in Rock or Bust neither Black Ice. Everything is mellow, and nice, and almost easy listening, no one gets offended.

AC/DC's latter day ballsy songs are Fire Your Guns, Big Gun and maybe Rock or Bust.

And before someone mentions Baptism by Fire, it's OK, but it sounds like a Hanna Barbera cartoon intro theme.
    • Dec 8th 2018

Posted By: BallToucher
    Posted By: 900I don't think that song would have worked so well just 5 years later on Ballbreaker.

It would had been the best track along with Ballbreaker (the song).

Those drilled riffs if played with the clean BB guitars plus Brian's vocal limits in that era - I just think it wouldn't quite have worked. The vocal is almost FOTS intensity, mostly up around a high 'E' for the whole song.
    Legendary High Voltage there!!
    Posted By: mutt_langes_perm
    Posted By: RoccoWhat a great setlist!

Probably the best until AXL/DC came along.

Agreed. Great setlist. Perfect mix of old and new and Bon and Brian.

I think I like that setlist even better when they dropped The Razor's Edge a few months later and played Are You Ready in its place. There's nothing wrong with TRE, but I like AYR better.
    TRE Tour was fantastic. Powerful, energetic performances and killer setlist. And the most bootlegged tour before the smartphone era.
    This just kicks so much! Had to watch it again.
    Great show! I'll never forget it. Had lots of beers before at El Bocado, which sadly closed this summer after maybe 40 years in Axelsberg.