To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

What the actual fuck?

I wouldn't even called Queen a rock band, more of a pop group really.

https://www.nme.com/...
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Nov 28th 2018

It's well know it's his favourite band. It was also the biggest star during the Freddie's Tribute
    • AC/DC rock music: Hellball
    • Nov 28th 2018

ACDC, Queen and Van Halen in their prime=
    THE HOLY TRINITY (plus Ozzy with Randy Rhoads and Sabbath with Dio). There was no better than that.
    • AC/DC rock music: Ron
    • Nov 28th 2018 edited

Don't know many pop groups that would have written Hammer To Fall or Sheer Heart Attack
    • AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Nov 28th 2018

Posted By: RonDon't know many pop groups that would have written Hammer To Fall or Sheer Heart Attack

Or Now I'm Here (live version)

I love Queen- they did some great stuff :)
    • AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • Nov 28th 2018

Posted By: RonDon't know many pop groups that would have written Hammer To Fall or Sheer Heart Attack

... or Stone Cold Crazy
    Haven't heard that he ever said that AC/DC was his favorite band.
    • AC/DC rock music: Hellball
    • Nov 28th 2018

Bon was Axl's hero
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 42_39_56
    • Nov 28th 2018

Posted By: HellballBon was Axl's hero

Now that Brian is back Axl doesn’t have to kiss up to Ang anymore..... ;)
    I think Queen was the best band of all time. AC/DC is my favorite, but I'd put Queen as #1. They practically took on every genre and nailed it. Wrote countless classics. And Freddie. What else is there to say
    Tie your mother down, Dragon Attack, Dead on Time...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Nov 29th 2018 edited

Queen's craftmanship is pretty unmatched in rock/pop history.
    Like mati said; they nailed every genre. Queen at Live Aid killed every act that day

Besides Queen, Axl also was a big Elton John and Nazareth fan IIRC.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BrennaB
    • Nov 29th 2018

LOVE Queen! Freddie Mercury was the shiznit. His voice and vocal range was amazing. But then there was his showmanship while performing. He was simply one of the greats.
    • Nov 29th 2018

Posted By: ThankassQueen's craftmanship is pretty unmatched in rock/pop history.
    Like mati said; they nailed every genry. Queen at Live Aid killed every act that day

Besides Queen, Axl also was a big Elton John and Nazareth fan IIRC.
    And Rose Tattoo
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Nov 29th 2018

SHITE.
    Queen were always a rock'n'roll band, even behind their poppiest songs there is Brian May blasting power chords, 12 bar blues riffs and great solo's
    • AC/DC rock music: savsav
    • Nov 29th 2018

For me queen 70's early 80's brilliant . For me they dropped the ball after that and never really found it again . Even the attempts at rock after that didn't really work . I did see them again a couple of times with Paul Rogers which I thought was pretty good .
    • Nov 29th 2018 edited

To me Innuendo , despite Freddie's sickness, was a great album
    • Nov 29th 2018

Posted By: savsavFor me queen 70's early 80's brilliant . For me they dropped the ball after that and never really found it again . Even the attempts at rock after that didn't really work . I did see them again a couple of times with Paul Rogers which I thought was pretty good .
    Paul was fucking great. His version of Show Must Go On is incredible. The Quee'ns version nowadays it's an incredible joke with that little boy singin for them. I love the more macho version with Paul. But of course No Freddie No Queen.
    I can´t stand Queen. I'm happy most of you enjoy that stuff, live and let live.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Nov 29th 2018

Posted By: BallToucherI can´t stand Queen. I'm happy most of you enjoy that stuff, live and let live.

I wouldn't go quite as far as Miss 'T (nothing unusual there) but I have never really understood the attraction of Queen. I am probably in need of some education but I find very few of the songs I know particularly affecting (Days Of Our Lives/Love Of My Life excluded). Freddie obviously a brilliant performer with a magnificent voice. Good singalong stuff in terms of songs.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Nov 29th 2018 edited

I'm another who isn't at all into Queen...however I can sense they're an iconic and talented group, just not my cup o' tea.

Suppose it's a bit like U2...I've no time for them, but I guess it's fair to say they're a good band.
    • Nov 29th 2018

I never got U2 . I had some cracking ACDC V U2 arguments back in the 80's

Always liked this ..... Whats the difference between Bono and God? God doesn't walk the streets of Dublin thinking he's Bono
    Never fully got Queen either. Haven't extensively checked them out though.

Bless Freddie Mercury.
    •  
    • Nov 29th 2018 edited

'70s Queen is essential for every fan of rock music.
    Try and explore. Maybe it will give you a new view.

How can any ac/dc fan not love Tie Your Mother Down?
    It's Go Down on steroids!

@Jem; give A Day At The Races and News Of The World a spin and see if you like it.
    • Nov 29th 2018

I think Queen were a little to studio friendly for good old Rock and roll but what they created in the 70's was very interesting and a very good live band
    • Nov 29th 2018

Posted By: matirocker
    Great tune. And listen to the harmonics in his voice!
    • AC/DC rock music: Richraff
    • Nov 29th 2018

If you look past the radio-friendly Greatest Hits stuff, Queen have some serious deep cuts to discover.
    It's Late was a great shout matirocker!
    saw them 4 times with freddie. one of the greatest opener i've ever seen was the tour 82. getting goosebumps. The "flash Theme" came from a tape for around 4 minutes with moving spots until the big intro blast. 2 h pure rnr. keep yourself alive, now i'm here, we will rock you, sheer heart attack, tie your mother down etc.

Freddie was the best musician ever i think. Fantastic showman. But Queen apart from a handful of songs never really got me. I understand how great they were in almost every genre, but I'm a fellow with a one track mind and it's too much for me. Same goes for Iron Maiden for me. Not my cup of tea, but excellent show and real vibration.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Ian Sane
    • Nov 29th 2018

I agree with Axl, Freddie Mercury was the greatest ever frontman. He had charisma, showmanship and an amazing voice.
    Queen were an awesome band and have a catalogue of amazing songs.
    Posted By: Thankass

@Jem; give A Day At The Races and News Of The World a spin and see if you like it.

I would add Queen II to that list as well. Fucking amazing record.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Nov 29th 2018

Posted By: somawesomeFreddie was the best musician ever i think.

Queen... yeah, I'm with BT.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rikha
    • Nov 30th 2018 edited

I respect Queen and certainly they are a great band but not for my taste (and I tried...), perhaps too much joyousness in their music. Freddie is one of the greatest singers of all time but I’d take Bon Scott any day.
    Posted By: Thankass'70s Queen is essential for every fan of rock music.
    Try and explore. Maybe it will give you a new view.

How can any ac/dc fan not love Tie Your Mother Down?
    It's Go Down on steroids!

Agree. TYMD is balls out ROCK
    • Nov 30th 2018

LoL @DustDevil

Uniquely talented band members though, no-one's quite like them.

Aside from Fred, what about Brian's guitar built out of an old fireplace, then going through a Vox to get his sound?
    Posted By: 900I'm another who isn't at all into Queen...however I can sense they're an iconic and talented group, just not my cup o' tea.

Suppose it's a bit like U2...I've no time for them, but I guess it's fair to say they're a good band.

Your Queen/U2 comparison resonates with me. I own Day At The Races & Sheer Heart Attack by the former and Joshua Tree & Achtung Baby by the latter - all four are great albums which I enjoy but for some reason I've never felt the need to explore further.
    •  
    • Nov 30th 2018

Posted By: Alex Lebanon
    Posted By: 900I'm another who isn't at all into Queen...however I can sense they're an iconic and talented group, just not my cup o' tea.

Your Queen/U2 comparison resonates with me. I own Day At The Races & Sheer Heart Attack by the former and Joshua Tree & Achtung Baby by the latter - all four are great albums which I enjoy but for some reason I've never felt the need to explore further.
    Nothing wrong with being a casual. I'm a casual U2 fan too.
    • Nov 30th 2018

Posted By: Alex LebanonYour Queen/U2 comparison resonates with me. I own Day At The Races & Sheer Heart Attack by the former and Joshua Tree & Achtung Baby by the latter - all four are great albums which I enjoy but for some reason I've never felt the need to explore further.

I do remember quite liking hearing some of those famous U2 ones in the 80s....but somehow just not for me, and so when Bono became an irritant soon afterwards, that kind of killed-off any hope!

A thread on big classic bands which people somehow don't like at all would be interesting (I think I opened one for songs once).
    Posted By: 900
    Posted By: Alex LebanonYour Queen/U2 comparison resonates with me. I own Day At The Races & Sheer Heart Attack by the former and Joshua Tree & Achtung Baby by the latter - all four are great albums which I enjoy but for some reason I've never felt the need to explore further.

I do remember quite liking hearing some of those famous U2 ones in the 80s....but somehow just not for me, and so when Bono became an irritant soon afterwards, that kind of killed-off any hope!

A thread on big classic bands which people somehow don't like at all would be interesting (I think I opened one for songs once).

Agree Bono is annoying but it's Edge's band really and as an opening trio Where The Streets Have No Name, Still Haven't Found and With Or Without you is pretty world-beating in any language. So many bands from Coldplay down have tried to emulate Joshua Tree for widescreen, stadium rock, none have come close. Also, unlike 99 percent of 80s rock they don't sound dated at all, which might be Eno & Lanois' achievement as much as U2's.
    • Nov 30th 2018

Posted By: Alex LebanonSo many bands from Coldplay down have tried to emulate Joshua Tree

I always assumed Coldplay were trying to emulate some rotten dog food lying in an overflowing bin somewhere.
    Posted By: 900
    Posted By: Alex LebanonSo many bands from Coldplay down have tried to emulate Joshua Tree

I always assumed Coldplay were trying to emulate some rotten dog food lying in an overflowing bin somewhere.

LMAO. I still like their first two albums a lot.
    • Nov 30th 2018

Posted By: Alex LebanonLMAO. I still like their first two albums a lot.

To be fair, I haven't ever listened!

I just remember a few songs on the radio including one where he sang the same word literally over and over throughout the entire song!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: marcinha
    • Nov 30th 2018

The world is yet to see an AC/DC Hollywood movie, whereas in the case of U2, Led Zeppelin, the Stones or the like, a documentary shall always suffice. Here only with the difference that, unlike in the case of Queen or The Doors, where the inspiration for such comes from the obvious single hero and on whom it is focused, that in the case of AC/DC it would be centered around the entire phenomenon of the band as a whole and it's music.
    • AC/DC rock music: Ron
    • Nov 30th 2018 edited

There's been a Bon Scott movie touted before but the band weren't interested and I don't think any major studios were interested either.

The Queen film came with Brian and Roger Taylor's full backing.
    •  
    • Nov 30th 2018

I would like to see Anton Corbijn doing a movie about Bon.
    Like he did with Ian Curtis.
    Posted By: ThankassI would like to see Anton Corbijn doing a movie about Bon.
    Like he did with Ian Curtis.

Control was such a great film. Heartbreaking, of course, but kind of uplifting too.
    I don't want to see a Bon Scott movie. I want to see an AC/DC movie.