To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: Dono
    • Nov 27th 2018

no time to share pics, but thers a parlour single
    vinyl on ebay that look strange to me, check label
    expert opinion welcome
    ebay id num is 352527268035

im interested in buying one, but im suspicious about this.
    ring label are diff as many i had checked...
    what do you think??
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Nov 27th 2018

[Link to eBay item]

I'm on a mobile, so the pictures aren't perfectly clear, but it looks ok to me. Will double check on a desktop and let you know.

What are your concerns with it? You say "ring label are different" - can you explain what you mean by this? Do you mean that the label printing sits lower on the label than others you've seen?
    • Nov 27th 2018

yeah, all the original i have seen, discogs, ebay, popsike, the interior label line, the one near the center hole, its smaller and is just behind the credits for the title on both side, below "rockin in the parlour" thers "(young and young albert)" the line is just belowe that write.
    in this ebay action the line is on the track title!
    this evening will post some pics....
    • Nov 27th 2018

looks like all the 3 white writing on both label are stamped 0,5 cm below normal pressing... the yellow albert production write its like the other vinyl i have seen...
    •  
    • Nov 27th 2018

You're normally seeing this (legit):

This is also legit:

This is the shit you must avoid:

•  
    • Nov 27th 2018

Also legit but badly beaten up:

• Nov 27th 2018

the last one look like the ebay action one, upset pressed.
    and the counterfait its similar but jast bad quality label made right?
    •  
    • Nov 27th 2018 edited

The 2nd and 4th images above are legit, just printed lower on the label.

And the counterfeit one has a lower quality, sometimes shiny label. When buying this record, or others that have been counterfeited (Dog Eat Dog for example), always ask for extra pictures and have the seller add some note to the image to prove they are photographing the actual record they have in their possession.
    First pressing : with producer credits in the middle of bottom half.
    Second pressing? This label is different from the original in the fact that the credits are clearly printed much lower on the label. This indicates a different pressing.
    Info from www.my-acdc.net
    The counterfeit have no matrix. Just a poor printed quality
    I have a bootleg one. Trust me, you’ll know. No matrix and poor quality labels.
    • Nov 28th 2018

Posted By: frodehodeFirst pressing : with producer credits in the middle of bottom half.
    Second pressing? This label is different from the original in the fact that the credits are clearly printed much lower on the label. This indicates a different pressing.
    Info from www.my-acdc.net

thats a nice info, thers a difference than... not necessary a second press imo, can be simply a part of the first pressing that goes not so perfect as the normal :)