To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Nov 27th 2018

Nice quality
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Nov 27th 2018

Good one!
    • Nov 27th 2018

BBF fucking rules. If Brian have remembered the lyrics It would have been even better
    Posted By: rideon77BBF fucking rules. If Brian have remembered the lyrics It would have been even better

More like just actually read what was on the teleprompter...
    • Nov 27th 2018

Wow that intro to STT, sounds nice..
    • AC/DC rock music: wizza
    • Nov 27th 2018

I was there that night ducking amazing show can you buy this on vinly
    • Apr 5th 2019 edited

Bumping this back up, what an amazing sound for a crowd recording?

So many songs sound good (aside from one comical element on the uptempo numbers) - Play Ball absolutely rocks the fuck out, it's great!
    I was at this show, it was pouring with rain and the lads were on fire. It was my first time seeing the Hives too who were the support act, they were great. There's a few decent clips on YouTube someone took, Shoot to Thrill was excellent...

Posted By: IronPatriot
    Posted By: rideon77BBF fucking rules. If Brian have remembered the lyrics It would have been even better

There are so many singers around Brian's age that don't use a teleprompter as far as I know. John Fogerty, Bob Plant, Mark Knopfler, Billy Joel, Springsteen, Halford. Fucking loads
    • Apr 5th 2019

Posted By: ianbigmac

There are so many singers around Brian's age that don't use a teleprompter as far as I know. John Fogerty, Bob Plant, Mark Knopfler, Billy Joel, Springsteen, Halford. Fucking loads
    He Always read It. It's clear on a lot of videos but he still fucked up bbf words everytime LOL
    • Apr 5th 2019

Well at least that version has better lyrics then
    • Apr 5th 2019

LOL.
    Posted By: rideon77
    Posted By: ianbigmac

He Always read It. It's clear on a lot of videos but he still fucked up bbf words everytime LOL
    Same thing with Play Ball. I don’t get why it’s so hard to just read the words. Maybe I’m not being fair but it really doesn’t seem like rocket science, does it? Or am I demanding too much? Also, say what you will about Axl but at least the songs were lyrically correct.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 42_39_56
    • Apr 5th 2019

Lol some of you may be forgetting that he always fucked up the lyrics since he joined the band. It has little to do with age. You look at ‘80-‘81 especially and it’s hilarious.
    • Apr 5th 2019

He's dancing about on stage, the words are scrolling on the screen, timing might be out... he doesn't want to look a tit just staring constantly at them..
    • AC/DC rock music: ianbigmac
    • Apr 5th 2019 edited

Posted By: 900He's dancing about on stage, the words are scrolling on the screen, timing might be out... he doesn't want to look a tit just staring constantly at them..

I can understand him needing prompts for The Youngs awesome lyrics. I'd fucking need one too
    Posted By: 900He's dancing about on stage, the words are scrolling on the screen, timing might be out... he doesn't want to look a tit just staring constantly at them..

I mean Axl was pretty lively on stage too, was singing a longer setlist and he got the lyrics down to a T. On top of that, I doubt he knew a lot of the songs he was singing for more than a couple of weeks before performing them.

Also, a teleprompter is designed to look like you’re doing things naturally, so Brian could definitely get away with it. Quite honestly, he should know Highway to Hell blindly by now, yet somehow he manages to even get that one wrong on a seemingly regular basis. In my opinion, it seems like he just doesn’t REALLY care what he’s singing, as long as something is coming out of his mouth that halfway resembles the song. That’s really the only way I can explain a lot of those flubs.
    • Apr 5th 2019

Posted By: IronPatriotI mean Axl was pretty lively on stage too, was singing a longer setlist and he got the lyrics down to a T. On top of that, I doubt he knew a lot of the songs he was singing for more than a couple of weeks before performing them.

Also, a teleprompter is designed to look like you’re doing things naturally, so Brian could definitely get away with it. Quite honestly, he should know Highway to Hell blindly by now, yet somehow he manages to even get that one wrong on a seemingly regular basis. In my opinion, it seems like he just doesn’t REALLY care what he’s singing, as long as something is coming out of his mouth that halfway resembles the song. That’s really the only way I can explain a lot of those flubs.

That sounds like making too much of the thing. Different people have different memory skills, Brian's said many times his memory is terrible. If Axl's good at it, that's great. Doesn't mean Brian doesn't care though. The reason I relate to it is I have similar problems, there are certain things that just will not stick however many times I try to learn them. But yes, you'd think some of the old classics would be OK with the prompter.

I mean Axl was pretty lively on stage too, was singing a longer setlist and he got the lyrics down to a T. On top of that, I doubt he knew a lot of the songs he was singing for more than a couple of weeks before performing them.

Yep
    Posted By: 900
    Posted By: IronPatriotI mean Axl was pretty lively on stage too, was singing a longer setlist and he got the lyrics down to a T. On top of that, I doubt he knew a lot of the songs he was singing for more than a couple of weeks before performing them.

That sounds like making too much of the thing. Different people have different memory skills, Brian's said many times his memory is terrible. If Axl's good at it, that's great. Doesn't mean Brian doesn't care though. The reason I relate to it is I have similar problems, there are certain things that just will not stick however many times I try to learn them. But yes, you'd think some of the old classics would be OK with the prompter.

I definitely understand the whole memory thing and I am the last person to ridicule someone for that. So that's not really my point. But if that was the problem then that's why there is a teleprompter. I would wager that Axl didn't know every last lyric when he sang the songs, especially for all those songs that were played on one or two occasions, yet somehow he managed likely due to the teleprompter and that didn't look bad. So there's really no reason Brian couldn't just glance at it every so often, especially because he does know that he doesn't have the greatest memory. I mean, seriously, how many times can someone get "going down; it's party time" confused with "going down for the time" while singing one of the most iconic 'DC songs... I don't know. Whatever it is, it just frustrates me because this issue seems sooooooo fixable and it would be nice if the songs were sung true to the way they were written. Heck. Look at what Mal did during the BI tour: even with dementia, he constantly relearned the songs so that he could perform them correctly on stage every night and I'm pretty sure he didn't have a teleprompter...
    Every big AC/DC fan knows all the lyrics. Axl always was a diehard. Brian is not a fan. He is the singer of AC/DC. The fans will sing his lyrics h miss. Get it??