To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

http://www.blabbermo...

Maynard sounds pretty good and un-Maynard-y but the mix is horrendous, at least online: too much vocals and drums and the guitars have no bite.

And the solo break early on was way lacking in edge.

Interesting but a fail in my books. A better producer and lead player could have made this worthwhile.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Nov 21st 2018 edited

I don't hate it. Interesting re-creation.
    •  
    • Nov 21st 2018

I know absolutely zilch about APC, but, what I do like about this version, is the vocal.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Ian Sane
    • Nov 22nd 2018

I think it's interesting. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rikha
    • Nov 22nd 2018

Who is Perfect Circle?

It's not bloody awful but it's pretty fucking far from OK and the world doesn't need another AC/DC song cover. It has never made a band more successful for doing it and it never will. AC/DC is one of those few bands that you can't replicate otherwise it won't sound right so my advice for newer bands, if I could give one, is use your fave bands mainly as influences and stop doing covers, do your own stuff.
    A Perfect Circle is a side band of the Tool frontman.

Surely you ancient codgers stuck in the 70s and early 80s have heard of Tool...
    •  
    • Nov 22nd 2018 edited

Posted By: Bedlam_in_TorontoA Perfect Circle is a side band of the Tool frontman.

Surely you ancient codgers stuck in the 70s and early 80s have heard of Tool...

And I will add that neither Tool nor A Perfect Circle NEEDS to do covers (they have plenty of their own solid material), but this was just something for fun I'm sure.
    •  
    • Nov 22nd 2018

Bands cover other band's songs because they like them, and maybe out of respect, too. Most known bands cover songs because why the fuck not, no because they try to become "more successful" as said above.

This one is pretty good.
    Guitar and vocals lack bite. Makes you appreciate the Vanda and Young treatment on that album.