To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Malcolm78
    • Nov 20th 2018

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Nov 20th 2018

How cool does Angus look with the peak of his cap pulled down over his eyes and that slightly sneering facial expression?

A: Extremely
    great clip but how many times is stern gonna use...ysmanl on his show for fucks sake
    After all that drivel in that thread with the poor Italian guy, nobody mentions that Ang should tune his guitar...ha?
    Angus looks like one badass mofo with his cap pulled down over his eyes, no one can achieve that level of coolness
    Brian sounds great considering the year. Again, I maintain that rest helped his voice and touring carved it up.

Horrible amp sound though.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: drillbag
    • Nov 20th 2018

is this the one with that dickhead artie singing a verse?
    nope Artie isn't singing, but Angus is out of tune and playing through a Line 6 Spider sounds like
    ouch
    Nice little improve solo out.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BrennaB
    • Nov 21st 2018

Brian sounds awesome, Angus looks cool =)
    •  
    • Nov 21st 2018

Posted By: Powerage1978nope Artie isn't singing, but Angus is out of tune and playing through a Line 6 Spider sounds like
    ouch

Wasn't this 1997? I don't think Spiders were on the market back then. I think that's just what any boxy combo amp with the distortion up a little too high is going to sound like.
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Nov 21st 2018

"undrugged"?
    Brian sounds a lot more like his 80's self here... It's strange, honestly.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Nov 21st 2018

Posted By: rideon77"undrugged"?
    a famous Angus quote he used in the early nineties during the mtv unplugged hype.
    •  
    • Nov 21st 2018

Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinBrian sounds a lot more like his 80's self here... It's strange, honestly.
    sounds surprisingly good for a morning in 1997. Especially if you compare it with that 2008 RNRANP he did as a guest in a studio.
    Posted By: Briany
    Posted By: Powerage1978nope Artie isn't singing, but Angus is out of tune and playing through a Line 6 Spider sounds like
    ouch

Wasn't this 1997? I don't think Spiders were on the market back then. I think that's just what any boxy combo amp with the distortion up a little too high is going to sound like.

haha yep :) just a shitty sound, but legendary player
    •  
    • Nov 21st 2018

Posted By: Powerage1978
    ouch

The tone ain't in the amp. It's in the fingers.

As for the tuning, we're used to hearing Angus being perfectly in tune because he has a team of techs behind him whose job it is to make the show run as smoothly as possible. Outside of that, when he has to tune his guitar by himself, he probably ends up just as out of tune as the rest of us.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Nov 21st 2018

My theory on Brian's brilliant voice there...

1. As we've seen many times, it has remarkable powers of recovery after a decent break.

2. When he sings with a little restraint, not pushing it too hard, there's no oscillating of the scar tissue he's acknowledged he has. So conversely, he can sound stronger, singer with a bit less effort (perhaps). Maybe that's an influence of BoB on last two albums.
    • Nov 21st 2018

He's Not pushing hard fighting with Angus volume. That's why
    • Nov 21st 2018

Posted By: rideon77He's Not pushing hard fighting with Angus volume. That's why

You hear clips from the RoB tour and at times his voice sounds a bit fucked....then the breakdown in Sin City where he's yelling stuff out on his own, across his range, and his voice is fine, really strong. So I do think there's something in that, even with modern technology, decent monitors etc.
    •  
    • Nov 21st 2018

Posted By: 900
    Posted By: rideon77He's Not pushing hard fighting with Angus volume. That's why

You hear clips from the RoB tour and at times his voice sounds a bit fucked....then the breakdown in Sin City where he's yelling stuff out on his own, across his range, and his voice is fine, really strong. So I do think there's something in that, even with modern technology, decent monitors etc.

Yeah, the voice is a delicate instrument. Even Brian's. I'd say he's well-capable of turning back the clock if he were to sing something in isolation/short bursts, but obviously matters like having to pace yourself and vocal fatigue come into question when it's on stage as part of a 2 hour gig. Especially at Brian's age.
    • Nov 21st 2018

^Agree, Briany. Even at his age he could smash out some serious stuff but it had to be in sensible context. In a way I hoped ROB would be the end because to sing like that on those first two songs...wow. But he's back again, fantastic.
    ouch

As for the tuning, we're used to hearing Angus being perfectly in tune because he has a team of techs behind him whose job it is to make the show run as smoothly as possible. Outside of that, when he has to tune his guitar by himself, he probably ends up just as out of tune as the rest of us.

Sorry, but even with the best player amps make a difference. The sound here is pure shit, even with Angus fuckin' Young playing.

And you don't need a tech to tune a guitar properly. Angus fuckin' Young after decades of playing can tune a guitar properly.
    • Nov 22nd 2018

Posted By: Bedlam_in_Toronto
    ouch

Sorry, but even with the best player amps make a difference. The sound here is pure shit, even with Angus fuckin' Young playing.

And you don't need a tech to tune a guitar properly. Angus fuckin' Young after decades of playing can tune a guitar properly.
    Are you Benji?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jet1984
    • Nov 22nd 2018

Posted By: Bedlam_in_Toronto
    ouch

1:45 in that clip. Might be a bit tongue in cheek but might not be far from the the truth in some sense.
    They look great here, Brian appearing very similar to the way he did in the '86 video actually, bit slimmer in the face.

Haven't seen his clip before, saw it on YouTube but assumed it was one of the other well known ones.

Brian sounded great in '97, well rested. He did a guest spot on a gig with Jackyl in '97 and sounded awesome on Shoot To Thrill and Back In Black as well.
    Hmmm, they got it wrong... that was for the SUL promo in 2000.

There's a bunch of pics of Ang in the same outfit and guitar (SG Jr.) from that era. I believe this was right after they did the promo promo in Europe (London, Paris and Koln if I remember correctly).
    Posted By: Ballbreaker66Hmmm, they got it wrong... that was for the SUL promo in 2000.

Are your sure? Howard Stern had a movie to promote in 1997. One that featured none other than AC/DC:

Also Brian looks a bit more like Ballbreaker Brian than SUL Brian in the video posted by Malcolm78.
    Posted By: Ballbreaker66Hmmm, they got it wrong... that was for the SUL promo in 2000.

There's a bunch of pics of Ang in the same outfit and guitar (SG Jr.) from that era. I believe this was right after they did the promo promo in Europe (London, Paris and Koln if I remember correctly).

Angus has had that SG since 1983 I believe. There’s photos of him with it and some dude with poofy hair.
    •  
    • Nov 22nd 2018 edited

I can understand the confusion because Angus wears his grey SUL cap.
    • Nov 22nd 2018

Posted By: mutt_langes_perm

Are your sure? Howard Stern had a movie to promote in 1997. One that featured none other than AC/DC:

Also Brian looks a bit more like Ballbreaker Brian than SUL Brian in the video posted by Malcolm78.
    I watched the movie only for this
    The exact date is November 4, 1997.
    For BONFIRE promo.

I've found the info here : http://www.marksfrig...

Cheers !
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Nov 23rd 2018

Posted By: Malcolm78

Am I alone in thinking this is a bit shite?