To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: Damo
    • Nov 18th 2018

So I went to see Guns and Roses in Taoyuan yesterday. During the middle of Heaven's Door, Axl started speaking. He said "I got a phone call off a good friend of mine yesterday. He told me his dog had died. My friend Angus Young". Something like that.
    Well, it goes to show the bromance is still there!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: malgus73
    • Nov 18th 2018 edited

Just found the clip on youtube, he mentions it around 2:35:

I wasn't aware Angus had a dog, but it's sad to hear that he has passed. RIP
    Posted By: BallToucherWell, it goes to show the bromance is still there!

Does it? I hear some sarcasm in his voice.....

“Poor little f’n mutt”

I don’t know.... I think the bromance may be over.
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Nov 18th 2018

I lost my very old dog this Summer at 23 yo. And It hurts bad. I'm with Angus right now and today Is a painful day For him of course....
    • Nov 18th 2018

Posted By: kmcdonald606
    Posted By: BallToucherWell, it goes to show the bromance is still there!

Does it? I hear some sarcasm in his voice.....

“Poor little f’n mutt”

I don’t know.... I think the bromance may be over.
    No....Axl Is a dog lover and his words are true. I Remember when he lost his dog a year or 2 ago and he said almost the same thing dedicating to It Whole Lotta Rosie
    Losing any pet is an emotional and sad time.

We have just given a home to our second Serbian rescue dog. He's 12 years old and has been in a shelter for ten years.
    He deserves to live his twilight years out knowing love and comfort.
    • Nov 18th 2018

Posted By: beanofireLosing any pet is an emotional and sad time.

We have just given a home to our second Serbian rescue dog. He's 12 years old and has been in a shelter for ten years.
    very well done my friend
    Posted By: rideon77

very well done my friend

Thank you rideon77.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Nov 18th 2018

Posted By: malgus73Just found the clip on youtube, he mentions it around 2:35:https://youtu.be/IGx...

•  
      AC/DC rock music: malgus73
    • Nov 18th 2018

Posted By: Thankass
    Posted By: malgus73Just found the clip on youtube, he mentions it around 2:35:https://youtu.be/IGx...

So he took him along on tour? Or did someone photograph him while he was on vacation in Vienna?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: dt
    • Nov 18th 2018

Posted By: malgus73
    Posted By: Thankass

So he took him along on tour? Or did someone photograph him while he was on vacation in Vienna?

It is from RoB tour.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: dt
    • Nov 18th 2018

That is nice to read, thank you.
    • AC/DC rock music: 71SG
    • Nov 18th 2018

Thankfully the dog didn’t have it’s own social media like Eddie Van Halens lol. Seriously it’s no fun loosing a dog, ours lived until he was 21 so it was like loosing a family member and very upsetting for a few weeks after. Got a couple of cats now and dread anything happening to them.
    I'm a huge dog lover and losing a dog is exactly like losing a family member because to me if you take on the responsibility of looking after a dog then you love them with all your heart and look after them like your children. Therefore when they die you have literally lost a member of your family, it's tragic and terribly sad. Angus would be shattered right now if his dog has died so I feel for him. I never really cry but when my last dog died I cried on and off for days and it took me a while to get over it, as it should. Dog is mans best friend... :-)
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Nov 18th 2018

One of my dogs died last year just a week after Mal's passing. He was only about six or seven years old (he was from a shelter and is exact age was unknown) and had cancer. We had to put him down. Probably the toughest thing in my life bringing your dog to the vet and knowing he will be put to death and having him dying in your arms.
    • Nov 18th 2018

Posted By: rideon77I lost my very old dog this Summer at 23 yo. And It hurts bad. I'm with Angus right now and today Is a painful day For him of course....

23 years is insane!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Nov 18th 2018

Posted By: Rocco
    Posted By: rideon77I lost my very old dog this Summer at 23 yo. And It hurts bad. I'm with Angus right now and today Is a painful day For him of course....

23 years is insane!

23 years would have been in the top 10 of world's oldest dogs.
    • Nov 18th 2018

Posted By: Briany

23 years is insane!

She was absolutely 23. She was well known For her Age in my town
    •  
    • Nov 18th 2018

23 years is insane!

I'm not saying she was or wasn't, I'm just saying that if you had some documented proof of the age, you could memorialise your beloved pet on the Wikipedia page that has the list of world's oldest dogs.
    • Nov 18th 2018

23 years is insane!

I'm not saying she was or wasn't, I'm just saying that if you had some documented proof of the age, you could memorialise your beloved pet on the Wikipedia page that has the list of world's oldest dogs.
    I don't have any documental proof. She was found 23 years ago lready adult in the Town. The vet said She was at least 2 at the time. So It Will make her even older. Her son died at 16 five years ago
    • Nov 18th 2018

Anybody remembers the King of Queens episode where Doug finds out that his dog Rocky isn't actually 27 already but has been exchanged 3 times in the meantime? lol.
    ellen's dog is/was called Lobbus. funny to see big Tim taking him out on a a walk during RoB, europe leg
    •  
    • Nov 18th 2018

Posted By: RoccoAnybody remembers the King of Queens episode where Doug finds out that his dog Rocky isn't actually 27 already but has been exchanged 3 times in the meantime? lol.

"We were going to tell you about Rocky 3, but she died right before your wedding..."

"SHE???!!!"

King of Queens. Underrated.
    • AC/DC rock music: Hellball
    • Nov 18th 2018

Given the Dog a Bone
    • Nov 18th 2018

Posted By: RoccoAnybody remembers the King of Queens episode where Doug finds out that his dog Rocky isn't actually 27 already but has been exchanged 3 times in the meantime? lol.
    LOL I swear I had that doubt
    • Nov 18th 2018

"We were going to tell you about Rocky 3, but she died right before your wedding..."

"SHE???!!!"

LOL! It was a brilliant series. One of my alltime favourites. It was worth watching just for Arthur! I watch it whenever there's a re-run on TV. When I finally got Amazon Prime earlier this year I binge-watched this one and Seinfeld.
    •  
    • Nov 18th 2018 edited

"SHE???!!!"

LOL! It was a brilliant series. One of my alltime favourites. It was worth watching just for Arthur! I watch it whenever there's a re-run on TV. When I finally got Amazon Prime earlier this year I binge-watched this one and Seinfeld.

Arthur's hilarious. It's a pretty similar character to Frank Costanza on Seinfeld, but still.

But probably the funniest bit in the whole series is Doug's run-in with a psycho waitress.

Ken Dodd's dad had a dog.
    i lost my two dogs one 16 and one 19. equal to losing a family member without doubt and personally so damaging to me i cannot have any more. 6 years since the last one went and their leads and collars still hang where they always were.
    as an aside to my therapy session post i wonder how Lobbus managed with travel to countries? animal passport? poor sod must have been as travel weary as the band sometimes and ,must have been stuck in quarantine at places?

cheers.
    • AC/DC rock music: ACDCnut
    • Nov 19th 2018

Jesse Finks new book .

" Lobbus - The True story behind "Dog Eat Dog " , how the Youngs stole Bons dog.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 42_39_56
    • Nov 19th 2018

Posted By: ACDCnutJesse Finks new book .

" Lobbus - The True story behind "Dog Eat Dog " , how the Youngs stole Bons dog.

HAHAHAHAHA
    • AC/DC rock music: 71SG
    • Nov 19th 2018

Lobbuisness- pull a chick, take her home, no use man I’m gnawing on my bone
    Honey roll over, Lobbus on top!

Rocky 3 !! Lol one of the many hilarious king of queen moments
    had a dog called bon (sadly no longer here) had a gerbil called rosie(sadly no longer here)....now have Chihuahua called malcolm 3 rys old...most dog walkers(if you own a dog you will know you soon become a member of the dog walking community) say hey thats a good name and some snigger as they walk off....but i know and you all know who he is named after.....
    I had a dog called Brian. Fucking thing was always escaping from the garden by digging under the fence
    • Nov 23rd 2018

Posted By: carlos fandangoI had a dog called Brian. Fucking thing was always escaping from the garden by digging under the fence

Looks like he was bored.
    That seems like a pointless comment to share unless he wants to look cool and name-drop.