To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: Rocker75
    • Nov 16th 2018

Obviously we are all excited about the potential new studio album (final album?).

I am curious though what everyone's wish list would be for future releases such as a rarities box set or live albums?

Personally, I would love a boxset of soundboard quality live albums from different eras of the band, remixed and remastered with liner notes from Angus. The Doors released some excellent live albums under Bright Midnight Archives with interesting liner notes.

Any thoughts?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: edu
    • Nov 16th 2018

I'd be good if they started doing something like the Stones' "From the Vault" series and put out some live shows every now and again, remastered and all that...
    Largo.
    • AC/DC rock music: soda
    • Nov 16th 2018

Very simple; release the first four albums in the correct versions. For fuck sake. How difficult should it be?
    Posted By: mutt_langes_permLargo.

Seconded.
    LAR. GO.

And Tokyo 81. These two before anything else from the Bon era. Give me my Brian Shake boxset.
    Posted By: sodaVery simple; release the first four albums in the correct versions. For fuck sake. How difficult should it be?
    Seriously; ACDC is a moneymaking machine, and the only way I would not buy those is if I was cast into space

Largo, Rio, etc.. any we can get. A CD from this era would actually be quite nice, it'd be Brian's IYWB.

A book written by a prominent band member with nothing but truth (although this is highly unlikely)
    Posted By: sodaVery simple; release the first four albums in the correct versions. For fuck sake. How difficult should it be?

Ugh god, yes! I hate the international albums. I want the original australian versions, you know, the albums HOW THEY WERE ACTUALLY FREAKIN MADE BY THE BAND!
    • AC/DC rock music: FLACDC
    • Nov 16th 2018

Do I even need to say it? Largo.
    Largo of course but a blazing release of Rock in Rio would be sweet.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: drillbag
    • Nov 16th 2018

especially when the fucking things were originally available in Australia now we have to put up with these shitty yank versions!!!
    •  
    • Nov 16th 2018

yes, LARGO!!!!!!!!
    Posted By: drillbag

especially when the fucking things were originally available in Australia now we have to put up with these shitty yank versions!!!
    Buying a simple jewel case CD of any of them will cost you quite a bit, and holy shit you'd better watch out for counterfeits. There's an entire website dedicated to pointing out differences in color and whatnot between the genuine ones and the counterfeits.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Ian Sane
    • Nov 16th 2018

The T.N.T. album is still available in Australia on CD.
    •  
    • Nov 16th 2018 edited

Posted By: MyCubiclePenguin
    Posted By: drillbag

Buying a simple jewel case CD of any of them will cost you quite a bit, and holy shit you'd better watch out for counterfeits. There's an entire website dedicated to pointing out differences in color and whatnot between the genuine ones and the counterfeits.

I saw some stupid prices for the HTH alberts cd that I have (with TOUGH TOO MUCH written on the label) - like hundreds of dollars...so stupid considering how many of them you find in op/thrift shops for $1, even stupider is that the artwork was so basic, some of them only having a 1 panel front cover with generic text on the tray card and disc
    DVD of a fly , who made who and BUYV concert
    Posted By: SpellboundLAR. GO.

And Tokyo 81. These two before anything else from the Bon era. Give me my Brian Shake boxset.

Yes.
    Everything said above all in 4K if possible

A re doing of family jewels, a book from Angus/Brian/cliff or Phil
    Backstage stuff, footage, stage creations, the raw behind the scenes if it exists

Anything bon related , all the volts stuff was great- hopefully there’s more

Anything to do with back in Black, surely there’s some outtakes, extras, early recordings whatever -

A cool tribute to Malcolm, perhaps what the new thing coming will tick that box
    The one thing I want to see released in a future release more than anything is the full jam session for IALWTTT before the song was edited down into the album version that we all know and love (seriously considering how iconic this song is from the Bon Scott era this is one thing that definitely should have been included on either the Bonfire VOLTS CD or the Backtracks studio rarities CD and it baffles me that the band refuses to release it despite it being so synonymous with Bon and the band).
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Spellbound
    • Nov 17th 2018 edited

Would the tapes for that even exist anymore?
    • AC/DC rock music: Mike206
    • Nov 17th 2018

The big payday for the band will come when augmented reality technology hits in a few years ... an immersive AR ACDC experience is just going to crush it ...
    Posted By: SpellboundWould the tapes for that even exist anymore?
    If they kept tapes for WIP versions of songs like Touch Too Much, Whole Lotta Rosie and the likes then it's possible that tapes for the full IALWTTT jam session still exist as well.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Nov 17th 2018 edited

Posted By: matirocker

Ugh god, yes! I hate the international albums. I want the original australian versions, you know, the albums HOW THEY WERE ACTUALLY FREAKIN MADE BY THE BAND!

Interesting. I disagree with this almost completely.

First off, why do it? Anyone who cares about them has probably already collected the Aussie version. How many more customers could there be for something like this?

Second, we all know that bands do in fact make mistakes and they are often rushed, so their original creation could be something they didn't fully intend, but they put it out anyway.

Going by album, the Aussie High Voltage isn't even very good, it's more of a fun oddity. The international High Voltage has better cover art (iconic Angus picture) than TNT, and the record company was right to drop School Days. Same for Let There Be Rock. Better cover art, and they were right to drop Crabsody. The only blunder in my eyes is Dirty Deeds. That one certainly got screwed up.
    Beatles style remixing of all the albums. Make Powerage sound even more amazing ect. I would die for that and the slow release style would keep us fans excited for years.

Case in point? The white album just came out remixed and it sounds so much better than it used to. Give me that for AC/DC and be rid of the 2003 shit.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 42_39_56
    • Nov 17th 2018

I JUST WANTED WRIGLEY
    Posted By: 42_39_56I JUST WANTED WRIGLEY

Mate chill, we will get it.
    Sony will see the cash potential of the vaults soon enough.
    • AC/DC rock music: soda
    • Nov 17th 2018 edited

Posted By: Inferno
    Posted By: matirocker

Interesting. I disagree with this almost completely.

First off, why do it? Anyone who cares about them has probably already collected the Aussie version. How many more customers could ther
    e be for something like this?

Second, we all know that bands do in fact make mistakes and they are often rushed, so their original creation could be something they didn't fully intend, but they put it out anyway.

Going by album, the Aussie High Voltage isn't even very good, it's more of a fun oddity. The international High Voltage has better cover art (iconic Angus picture) than TNT, and the record company was right to drop School Days. Same for Let There Be Rock. Better cover art, and they were right to drop Crabsody. The only blunder in my eyes is Dirty Deeds. That one certainly got screwed up.

Yeah...
    You are entitled to have an opinion.

The record company's action on AC/DC's first four albums is so crazy I don't even know where to start...
    But in order to avoid writing a whole novel, I will try to only point out the worst madnesses.
    * To take AC/DC's first two albums and make one album of them, is such a crazy idea that it should be enought to be locked in for life.
    * What they did was to erase two songs from album number two - one of which was Rocker - and replace them with two songs from album number one. When the band released the third album, the same person realized that Rocker was a pretty good song and then threw it on that album instead, and cleared out the obvious hit song Jailbreak from the album instead.
    * When the same idiot now was on the run he stroked another song and also changed the awesome cover to a really ugly one.
    * To album number four the same idiot thought that Problem Child on the last album was a nice song, let's bring it to this album as well and rule out one of the new songs instead.
    Nice going dude...
    *In addition to the obvious; that the record company literally pulled down the pants and pissed on what the band had created, I can spotlight one of many details in the context.
    On the first four albums, AC/DC had one slow blues song on each LP. Little Lover, The Jack, Ride On and Crabsody In Blue.
    It's part of AC/DC's heritage. Or it should be.
    Now it's not, because an idiot at the record company thought that he knew better than the band itself.
    That's just one example of many.
    Honesty I wish No Bull got a CD release. Who watches DVDs?
    Posted By: ruffstuff88Honesty I wish No Bull got a CD release. Who watches DVDs?

You do know you can copy the audio from any DVD and put it on a CD?
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Nov 17th 2018

Posted By: ruffstuff88Honesty I wish No Bull got a CD release. Who watches DVDs?

Who still buys CDs?
    Posted By: Rocco

Who still buys CDs?

I do
    Posted By: TryioToastBeatles style remixing of all the albums. Make Powerage sound even more amazing ect. I would die for that and the slow release style would keep us fans excited for years.

Case in point? The white album just came out remixed and it sounds so much better than it used to. Give me that for AC/DC and be rid of the 2003 shit.
    White Album remaster is fucking great, yes, but ACDC's albums don't need a remaster. Imagine if LTBR was remastered, and some of that iconic rawness of it wasn't present anymore - I'd be pretty annoyed. However, I welcome any rarities, outtakes, early versions of songs, etc that we can get.

@Soda @Inferno I mostly agree with Soda, but I do love the cover art of intl High Voltage and LTBR MUCH more than the Aussie ones. Also, the track listing of intl High Voltage is simply better than TNT in my opinion. That's about it, though. We need those Aussie outside of Australia.
    • AC/DC rock music: Mike206
    • Nov 17th 2018

Macca also re-did Let It Be, changed a fuck ton of things on it ... it's shocking to listen to as the original is so ingrained, but I really like it. Would love to see someone fix a certain mid-80s hard rock album notable for its unrealized potential.
    Posted By: Mike206Macca also re-did Let It Be, changed a fuck ton of things on it ... it's shocking to listen to as the original is so ingrained, but I really like it. Would love to see someone fix a certain mid-80s hard rock album notable for its unrealized potential.
    Fly's production needs a tone down, not a complete redo. It's unique and I've grown to kinda like it, but it needs to be toned down is all. Vocals need to be much clearer, bass needs to be louder, drums need to be crisper, and the guitar reverb needs to be turned down.