To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: BrennaB
    • Nov 12th 2018

https://www.stuff.co...

AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd puts his Bay of Plenty mansion on the market
    Jo Lines-MacKenzie
    Nov 12 2018

AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd has put his multi-million dollar mansion on the market.
    There's an opportunity to live like a rock star - but it may require a rock star's chequebook .

AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd is selling his waterfront mansion in Tauranga.

The house, technically two apartments, has been owned and occupied by Rudd for the past nine years but now he's "ready for something different".

The 64 year old has become a Tauranga local, having lived in the Bay of Plenty since the early 1980s. He will stay in the region, but wants looking to downsize a bit, Rudd said in a statement.

It was also the scene of where Rudd hit the headlines a few years ago when he was sentenced to eight months home detention on drug and threatening to kill charges in 2015.

In 2014 it was reported that property records suggested Rudd’s New Zealand portfolio and fleet of luxury vehicles alone are worth at least $8 million-$10m.

The property in Otumoetai, Tauranga, is listed on Trademe with a rateable value of $4,050,000,. It has a floor area of 586 sq m. There is a five- car garage, six or more bedrooms, five bathrooms, two kitchens and a swimming pool.

It is walled, gated and described as very private.

The house is described as walled, gated and very private.
    And it has incredible views of Mt Maunganui, Tauranga Harbour and Matakana Island from the first floor.

Oliver Road Estate Agents owner Cameron Macneil said that it was "a significant listing, and the floor area was one of the largest among waterfront residences to become available in recent years.

The house boast incredible views of the Bay of Plenty.
    "Obviously Phil uses them as one large home, but they're quite cleverly designed to offer privacy and space to the occupiers of each. We're expecting interest in them both individually and collectively from different purchasers."

Those wanting to view the place would need to prove they weren't " tyre-kickers " Macneil said. Prospective buyers will need to provide identification and sign a non-disclosure agreement.

The property is being sold by tender and purchasers can submit offers to purchase one or both of the apartments by December 11.
    NDA to view it!
    That's it Phil come back home to Australia. Where you belong mate :-)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Nov 12th 2018

Posted By: Brads AC/DCThat's it Phil come back home to Australia. Where you belong mate :-)

He's been living in Tauranga, NZ for nigh on 40 years. I'd be surprised if he wanted to up sticks and move out of the area at this stage. I would have thought he'd be looking at a nearby property to move into instead.
    Posted By: Briany
    Posted By: Brads AC/DCThat's it Phil come back home to Australia. Where you belong mate :-)

He's been living in Tauranga, NZ for nigh on 40 years. I'd be surprised if he wanted to up sticks and move out of the area at this stage. I would have thought he'd be looking at a nearby property to move into instead.

Yes I know. He's been in NZ for a long time now. You can take the lad out of Australia but you'll never take Australia out of the lad ;-)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Nov 12th 2018

After counting my savings, I've sent an offer. Although I'm not sure £12 will be enough.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jet1984
    • Nov 12th 2018

Posted By: DustDevilAfter counting my savings, I've sent an offer. Although I'm not sure £12 will be enough.

It's not looking bad on my side here. $4,050,000 is the asking price, and my bank said I'm just about $5,050,000 short.
    •  
    • Nov 12th 2018

Posted By: DustDevilAfter counting my savings, I've sent an offer. Although I'm not sure £12 will be enough.

Not with that attitude it won't.
    • AC/DC rock music: Hellball
    • Nov 12th 2018

Must have been expensive for Phil to pay the lawyers who solved his visa problems with the US.

you are lucky for just one silver spoon.
    • AC/DC rock music: snake77
    • Nov 12th 2018

More pictures and a video here if you want to see the inside. No sure why the video focuses on the cars as the house is for sale not the cars.
    https://www.trademe....
    •  
    • Nov 12th 2018 edited

Posted By: snake77 No sure why the video focuses on the cars

That's what I said to myself watching the Head Job promo. Maybe Phil is just so proud of his collection he'll take any opportunity to show 'em off.
    Anyone notice the bass in the video ?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: drillbag
    • Nov 12th 2018

Posted By: HellballMust have been expensive for Phil to pay the lawyers who solved his visa problems with the US.

this seems like it could be a thing....hmmm
    and new teeth aint cheap either!
    •  
    • Nov 12th 2018

Posted By: drillbag
    Posted By: HellballMust have been expensive for Phil to pay the lawyers who solved his visa problems with the US.

Getting a new set of teeth is chump change compared to all the cars he's bought.
    Always thought that house looked cool. Only real downside is that road, and the price of course.
    I'll offer an 1883 US nickel without "cents" written on the back.
    Posted By: Briany
    Posted By: drillbag

Getting a new set of teeth is chump change compared to all the cars he's bought.

More like chomp change

I suspect that was paid out of the AC/DC Business Account. :)
    •  
    • Nov 12th 2018

I wonder what his plans are for the bottom apartment.
    • Dec 19th 2018

Another article on Phil Rudd's house sale.

A lot of views online but no takers.

The article is a funny read as half way through they talk about Judd's house.
    Phil Judd.
    That's not even a keyboard misclick, either, R and J are still 4 keys away.
    •  
    • Dec 20th 2018

Maybe they had a brain fart and thought it was Wynona Judds House
    •  
    • Jan 27th 2019 edited

Well, it sold. Lol at the potential buyer who was touring the home and saw all of Phil’s memorabilia and asked the realtor “is this guy a fan of AC/DC or something?”
    https://www.nzherald...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: marcinha
    • Jan 27th 2019

So who"s the drummer for Lady Gaga?
    • Jan 27th 2019

Is he a fan. That's a good one.

He'd have a bit more memorabilia than even a super fan with the gold records and stuff.

Goes to show his choice to hide away in NZ and go unnoticed as worked quite well.

"The buyer planned to transform part of the ground floor into a recording and rehearsing studio for his own band, said real estate agent Cameron Macneil.
    ​"He's really into his music, so I think he's quite chuffed with the place's history," he said.
    The six bedroom, five bathroom apartment with harbour views and five garages sold in the ballpark of its $4.1million asking price."
    Oh it seems that Phil bought it himself, just forgot he lives there. Supports the theory that he is off the wagon again.