To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: BrennaB
    • Nov 9th 2018

https://www.louderso...
    Gene Simmons: There’s nobody like AC/DC
    By Scott Munro

Gene Simmons praises AC/DC for doing things their way - as Paul Stanley and Eric Singer reveal their favourite artists who have opened for Kiss in the past.

Kiss bassist Gene Simmons has praised AC/DC and says there’s nobody like them in the rock world.

The band were guests on SiriusXM and held a question and answer session. During the appearance, they were asked to name the best artists who have opened for them in the past.

Simmons responds: “Best set? AC/DC on their first tour. A band that shares the same philosophy – no matter what any other band is doing, to thine own self be true. I’ve said it before but it’s more true now than ever.

“A lot of people look the same and act the same and do the same thing. Every once in a while you see a band like AC/DC. Nobody’s like them. We’d like to think we’re unique in that way too.”

Drummer Eric Singer adds that seeing Rush open for Kiss in 1975 when the Canadian trio were playing in support of the second album Fly By Night was a personal highlight and Paul Stanley adds: “I think for us, Rush was most exciting.

“When we first had them playing with us in Canada and John Rutsey was still the drummer. The first album was Humble Pie, it was Zeppelin.

“They obviously found their footing in something they wanted to do later on. They were always great.”

Stanley adds: “AC/DC with Bon Scott when we had them on tour. Great. Judas Priest were phenomenal – and Bob Seger got his first gold album on tour with us.”

Last month, Kiss announced the first dates on their End Of The Road world tour, which will take place from early next year
    Gene is a smart man. A money whore too but smart. Btw their ticket prices are ridiculous, $350 for lower bowl seats, $140 for nose bleeds.
    Paul Stanley also accused of lip syncing at their recent gigs
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Nov 12th 2018

Kiss are SHITE.
    Posted By: DustDevilKiss are SHITE.

Your mom and pop probably conceived you with "I was made for lovin you" on in the background
    Thanks Gene nice words Indeed

Your still a Cock !
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BrennaB
    • Nov 12th 2018

Posted By: MADAXEMANThanks Gene nice words Indeed

Your still a Cock !

Haha pretty much.
    Deuce and I love it Loud
    Other than those two I never could understand the adulation for them
    Never did see them live , I would check out there tenth fair well tour if I was given tix though
    I am sure they put on great show/ production
    •  
    • Nov 13th 2018

Posted By: sfadden30Deuce and I love it Loud
    Other than those two I never could understand the adulation for them
    Never did see them live , I would check out there tenth fair well tour if I was given tix though
    I am sure they put on great show/ production

I saw them live once. Castle Donington, 1996.

SHITE.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Nov 13th 2018

Apart from the somewhat annoying personality of Gene, KISS always had a fairly good guitarplayer and drummer.
    Their early seventies work is good time Rock & Roll. Live they have just as much as spectacle as DC since 1990.

Problem is that spectacle and image is more important than the music.
    Posted By: DustDevilKiss are SHITE.

^^This
    • AC/DC rock music: savsav
    • Nov 13th 2018

You would be hard pushed to find any Gene Simmons comments on ACDC that were not followed by “ They supported us " I’m pretty sure that’s the only reason he does mention ACDC, to make sure everybody is aware that for a brief time they were a bigger band than ACDC .

oh and yes , Kiss are shite
    • AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Nov 13th 2018

I like some of their early stuff, but I saw them live in 2007 or 2008...so disappointed :(
    War Machine is a good song also similar in places to Hail Cesear
    Posted By: savsavYou would be hard pushed to find any Gene Simmons comments on ACDC that were not followed by “ They supported us " I’m pretty sure that’s the only reason he does mention ACDC, to make sure everybody is aware that for a brief time they were a bigger band than ACDC .

This. Even when he praises the band he's a twat.
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Nov 13th 2018

Great stuff written by VV. This stuff is better than a lot of AC/DC put out after 1993. Crap? Fuck no. Rap is Crap. This rocks. 70's kiss has also some great stuff. Nowadays they are a lip sync joke
    • AC/DC rock music: acdc1988
    • Nov 13th 2018

I like their early stuff with Ace Frehley and i've been to a few shows of them. But the problem of Gene and Paul is that they take themselves deadly serious, which is totally unnecessary and ridiculous. If that wasn't the case they could be much more enjoyable.
    •  
    • Nov 13th 2018

^^All shite.
    Kiss first album, Dressed To Kill, Hotter Than Hell, Destroyer, Rock And Roll Over and Love Gun are decent albums. Good rock n' roll glam style of rock.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Nov 13th 2018

Cuntz. Hideous mockery of rock and roll. To even have their name on this site is an affront.
    Posted By: MeanstreakKiss first album, Dressed To Kill, Hotter Than Hell, Destroyer, Rock And Roll Over and Love Gun are decent albums. Good rock n' roll glam style of rock.

Thanks to Spotify I have listened to all these Kiss albums for the first time and they have their moments - they hit a pop/rock sweet spot for sure. But even at their strongest - Destroyer, probably - they still sound calculated and sort of like the Stooges for the under-12s. They're just obliterated by something like this:

•  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Nov 14th 2018

Posted By: JemCuntz. Hideous mockery of rock and roll. To even have their name on this site is an affront.

I wish I’d organised your stag do!

I’d have had you dressed as Gene Simmonds all day!!
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Nov 14th 2018

Posted By: Alex Lebanon
    Posted By: MeanstreakKiss first album, Dressed To Kill, Hotter Than Hell, Destroyer, Rock And Roll Over and Love Gun are decent albums. Good rock n' roll glam style of rock.

Thanks to Spotify I have listened to all these Kiss albums for the first time and they have their moments - they hit a pop/rock sweet spot for sure. But even at their strongest - Destroyer, probably - they still sound calculated and sort of like the Stooges for the under-12s. They're just obliterated by something like this:

Well, comparing Kiss to The Stooges is a bit unfair. That would be like comparing Starship with early AC/DC.
    They got some great tracks. Thats'bout it. The stench of money grab is too intense for me.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: dt
    • Nov 14th 2018

Just my little unimportant perception...

AC/DC - there's a hell bell hanging above the band on stage
    Kiss - there's a disco ball hanging above the band on stage
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Nov 14th 2018

Posted By: azel
    Posted By: JemCuntz. Hideous mockery of rock and roll. To even have their name on this site is an affront.

I wish I’d organised your stag do!

I’d have had you dressed as Gene Simmonds all day!!

That is precisely why there wasn’t one!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: drillbag
    • Nov 16th 2018

Posted By: carolinareaperPaul Stanley also accused of lip syncing at their recent gigs

that's ok, cos his real voice is shot to shit, it's terrible
    stanleys whole act cool-synced all his career anyway

that said... the unplugged plaster caster. the whole sound from that kicks ass and the vocals are admirable. damn i hate typing this but its true.

also lick it up pisses me off, it one of those songs where its like FUCKKKKK that was mine i shoulda wrote that. but they channelled it first, oh well