To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

Posted By: IronPatriot
    Posted By: Thankass
    Posted By: Jem
    Posted By: ThankassAC/DC in 2020 = Angus, Phil, Stevie, Axl and Mr.X

I'd go to say farewell to The Rudd.

Even though He is always with us and we are always with Him.
    At the moment I don't know if the perspective of seeing and hearing Rudd for the last time will win over the dislike of hearing Axl sing ac/dc tunes with a GnR signature. The drumming would be much better than the RoB tour, mind you!

Out of pure interest, I’d love to see how many people would bail and discard the band if they put Axl in Brian’s place permanently. I mane based on the hardcore fans, there would be some losses but overall?

The losses would be made up for and then some by GNR fans I'm guessing...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 42_39_56
    • Mar 13th 2019

Posted By: Mascadcar

At the moment I don't know if the perspective of seeing and hearing Rudd for the last time will win over the dislike of hearing Axl sing ac/dc tunes with a GnR signature. The drumming would be much better than the RoB tour, mind you!

Out of pure interest, I’d love to see how many people would bail and discard the band if they put Axl in Brian’s place permanently. I mane based on the hardcore fans, there would be some losses but overall?

Isn’t that basically what happened for the remainder of the RoB tour? I mean, he’s the main reason the stadiums weren’t half empty. I was always under the impression it was 99% GnR fans 1% casuals who scooped up the refunds.
    Posted By: 42_39_56
    Posted By: Mascadcar

Isn’t that basically what happened for the remainder of the RoB tour? I mean, he’s the main reason the stadiums weren’t half empty. I was always under the impression it was 99% GnR fans 1% casuals who scooped up the refunds.

Probably the case with the exception of that gig in Dusseldorf of course. Well most bands would be happy selling around 25000 tickets.
    Yes - but in a 25-30k capacity venue...
    Posted By: putthefingeronyouYes - but in a 25-30k capacity venue...

It must have been the first time ever that AC/DC didn´t want to use the full capacity of a stadium in Germany.

https://en.wikipedia...
    • AC/DC rock music: CarwynO
    • Mar 13th 2019

Were acdc struggling with selling tickets, though? Was always under the impression that they were doing very well. They won highest grossing act in ticket sales in 2015 after all. As for the Axl shows, a few were relatively empty at the back of the stadiums, but other than that they were pretty full. Not full to capacity, but healthily full. Went to a 3, and from talking around, most fans still went and made the best of it. Definitely not a GnR fan majority, by far.
    Struggling? Nah. Just making the point that this gig in Dusseldorf was the only gig that was announced with Axl as the singer of AC/DC. All the other concerts were announced and mostly sold out earlier on when Brian still was in the band. I think most people who had bought their tickets didn´t ask for a refund. 10% tops. A lot of people had flights and hotels booked so most people attended.
    Ooh, back to the Axl debate! Fun times!
    Posted By: WholelottatobeStruggling? Nah. Just making the point that this gig in Dusseldorf was the only gig that was announced with Axl as the singer of AC/DC. All the other concerts were announced and mostly sold out earlier on when Brian still was in the band. I think most people who had bought their tickets didn´t ask for a refund. 10% tops. A lot of people had flights and hotels booked so most people attended.

Based on your theory, people in Europe were basically too lazy to reorganize themselves, so they just sucked it up and went to the shows with Axl because the dates remained. But what about the US? Here, the dates were changed, i.e. pushed back by months after Brian fell ill. I would assume that people's availability isn't necessarily the same for April as it might be for August or September... This means that flights, hotels etc. would have had to have been more or less forcibly canceled by those originally intending to go see Brian and then specifically rebooked in order to see Axl. This is a lot of work, especially if you're not keen on seeing AC/DC with Axl. Not to mention, people were given the info that Axl was fronting the band.

How many people opted for a refund in the US? Were the arenas underbooked? I think most of them were at capacity, which somewhat deconstructs your theory there. But please enlighten me, if I'm off...
    I figured I'd drop this fun bit here, because...I know what the hold up is! AC/DC or Aerosmith will play at Sergio Ramos' wedding (he's a football player).

This bit of "news" claim the couple have been negotiating for months with these two bands.

https://www.mundodep...

Hopefully a bootleg emerges: AC/DC Live at the Banquet
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Mar 14th 2019

K.A.C.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Mar 14th 2019

A pity it wasn't someone cool like Messi or whoever. Ramos is a c**t.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Mar 14th 2019

But if he played for your team you would love him. King of Shithousery.

Have to admit I did fucking hate him last year for a bit.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Mar 14th 2019

Posted By: JemBut if he played for your team you would love him

I absolutely wouldn't! I detest cheating, especially in a sport with so much at stake, the money and everything.

Not that Ramos is the only one, of course.
    • AC/DC rock music: zarza29
    • Mar 14th 2019 edited

Pilar Rubio is a Rock and Roll and heavy fan, Iron maiden, megadeth, Ac/dc of course, Guns and roses, Aerosmith etc etc
    She is the model of the album cover for example, Sergio ramos is a fan of flamenco
    Not bothered if anything happens anymore bring on AXL/DC
    Posted By: ToonarmysaluteyouNot bothered if anything happens anymore bring on AXL/DC

Is there a head in hands emoji i can use ?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • Mar 18th 2019

Posted By: BillyBollocks
    Posted By: ToonarmysaluteyouNot bothered if anything happens anymore bring on AXL/DC

Is there a head in hands emoji i can use ?
    •  
    • 5 days ago

Posted By: 900
    Posted By: JemBut if he played for your team you would love him

I absolutely wouldn't! I detest cheating, especially in a sport with so much at stake, the money and everything.

Not that Ramos is the only one, of course.

Cheating would be a harsh term if he played for my boys :)

Exactly!
    So. if it's Angus, Axl, Stevie, bassist X, and Rudd, how many of us will go??
    Posted By: micahcareySo. if it's Angus, Axl, Stevie, bassist X, and Rudd, how many of us will go??
    I feel like we should ask who won’t be going because I sense that quite a few of us will still go even if we aren’t the biggest Axl fans.
    • AC/DC rock music: ianbigmac
    • 5 days ago edited

Posted By: micahcareySo. if it's Angus, Axl, Stevie, bassist X, and Rudd, how many of us will go??
    Posted By: ianbigmac

Definitely will go. Standard tuning and loud as fuck. What's the reason not to go?

I'd rather go for a week long shit than see that line up paraded out as AC/DC
    •  
    • 5 days ago

Definitely will go. Standard tuning and loud as fuck. What's the reason not to go?

I'm in.
    • AC/DC rock music: Balder
    • 5 days ago

Are we there again now. Holy shit!
    I would go for sure. Bring It on!!!!
    • AC/DC rock music: Balder
    • 5 days ago

I'd rather go for a week long shit than see that line up paraded out as AC/DC

+1

At this stage I would have to say I'd be leaning towards not going. If there is No Brian, No Malcolm and No Cliff than for me personally it's just not AC/DC. It certainly wouldn't feel like it to me anyway. I'd at-least need Brian, Phil, Angus and Steve there as a minimum. Cliff being there would be nice too but I'd struggle to attend a concert with Axl as the frontman, just doesn't feel right for me. My last memory of them live with Brian as the frontman was a great one but if Brian isn't there I'm happy and content with that last memory I have of seeing them live. Replacing that memory in any way at all with Axl would be sacrilege for me personally.

Totally game for that again.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: SHOO23L
    • 4 days ago

Posted By: flattusmaximus

I just don't understand the "but it's not AC/DC to me" argument. Fine... call it what you want. It doesn't change the fact that it's Angus Fucking Young and 4 excellent musicians pounding out some of the best hard rock songs ever written through a big-ass PA and a killer light show. But then again, I've lived through--and rocked out to--every lineup change since Bon. Every single one made their live sound tangibly different: Brian didn't sound like Bon, Simon didn't sound like Phil, and Chris didn't sound like either one of them. Was Axl the perfect singer for AC/DC? Not even close... but I couldn't deny his talent, effort, and commitment to the band. I walked out of the arena thoroughly entertained, so I'd have no qualms about going again.
    •  
    • 4 days ago

Hard pass on the Axl thing. But you all know I’ll only go if Brian’s there so... Did I even need to answer that. :)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BrennaB
    • 4 days ago

Posted By: BillyBollocksIs there a head in hands emoji i can use ?

There are no emojis here, sadly (sad face emoji)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • 4 days ago

I feel like we should ask who won’t be going because I sense that quite a few of us will still go even if we aren’t the biggest Axl fans.

Put it this way - it could be Angus and 4 session musicians and AC/DC would still do enough business to fill arenas. I keep making this point, but Axl was able to do this with GnR for about 10 years, and GnR only really have one great album. But it just goes to show what having one great album and a recognisable brand will do for audience demand.

And of course people from this forum will go, come what may. If nothing else, this forum needs new things to talk about or it'll die a death, and discussing the merits of "I Can't Believe it's not AC/DC" would have to be paramount on the list.
    Posted By: SHOO23L
    Posted By: flattusmaximus

I just don't understand the "but it's not AC/DC to me" argument. Fine... call it what you want. It doesn't change the fact that it's Angus Fucking Young and 4 excellent musicians pounding out some of the best hard rock songs ever written through a big-ass PA and a killer light show. But then again, I've lived through--and rocked out to--every lineup change since Bon. Every single one made their live sound tangibly different: Brian didn't sound like Bon, Simon didn't sound like Phil, and Chris didn't sound like either one of them. Was Axl the perfect singer for AC/DC? Not even close... but I couldn't deny his talent, effort, and commitment to the band. I walked out of the arena thoroughly entertained, so I'd have no qualms about going again.
    I couldn't agree more with what you said. Still had a good fucking time going to 3 Axl/DC gigs, obviously woulda preferred that the GOAT was there to perform; however, I'd I'll take either combo one more time.
    Posted By: SHOO23LI just don't understand the "but it's not AC/DC to me" argument. Fine... call it what you want. It doesn't change the fact that it's Angus Fucking Young and 4 excellent musicians pounding out some of the best hard rock songs ever written through a big-ass PA and a killer light show

Yes but it's not AC/DC. I just can't understand what you can't understand about that ?

If it's billed as 'Angus Fucking Young and 4 excellent musicians pounding out some of the best hard rock songs ever written through a big-ass PA and a killer light show' then fair enough obviously.
    No Brian, no AC/DC
    Like last time, speaking as a Refunder, absolute zero interest.

However, given the current state of play, if you want to hear AC/DC covers through a big ass P-A this is probably a more likely option than the tour and personnel that the Vancouver sightings ignited.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • 4 days ago

In.
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • 4 days ago edited

Posted By: Rickshaw1No Brian, no AC/DC
    I bet in 1980 people said the same without Bon. It makes me mad that the same wasn't said by the majority here when Mal had to leave. And when your favorite member left Because he ruined his hearing by his own mistake ( Like he said) suddenly It wasn't AC/DC anymore and Angus became the Monster heel. It's Not a very fan move. Maybe a Brian's fan but Not AC/DC's. Insult me....and yes ....it's Not the First Time I'm saying this
    Posted By: rideon77
    I bet in 1980 people said the same without Bon. It makes me mad that the same wasn't said by the majority here when Mal had to leave. And when your favorite member left Because he ruined his hearing by his own mistake ( Like he said) suddenly It wasn't AC/DC anymore and Angus became the Monster heel. It's Not a very fan move. Maybe a Brian's fan but Not AC/DC's. Insult me....and yes ....it's Not the First Time I'm saying this

Yes, each to their own, but seems that they are more Brian fans than AC/DC fans. Blaming Angus for being some kind of devil and thinking Brian is some kind of saint. Weird haha.
    Posted By: Meanstreak

Yes, each to their own, but seems that they are more Brian fans than AC/DC fans. Blaming Angus for being some kind of devil and thinking Brian is some kind of saint. Weird haha.
    True
    Posted By: Meanstreak

Well, he wears some kind of devil horns from time to time^^
    •  
    • 4 days ago

You are correct about people saying the same thing about Bon and rightfully so.
    Bon died because of his own mistake. It wasn’t AC/DC anymore. Maybe they are all Bon fans and not AC/DC fans, eh?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • 4 days ago

Maybe some people just don't particularly like Axl Rose and/or his voice and therefore don't want him singing with AC/DC. Not sure why that's apparently so hard to grasp for some.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • 4 days ago

Posted By: SHOO23LI just don't understand the "but it's not AC/DC to me" argument. Fine... call it what you want. It doesn't change the fact that it's Angus Fucking Young and 4 excellent musicians pounding out some of the best hard rock songs ever written through a big-ass PA and a killer light show

Yes but it's not AC/DC. I just can't understand what you can't understand about that ?

If it's billed as 'Angus Fucking Young and 4 excellent musicians pounding out some of the best hard rock songs ever written through a big-ass PA and a killer light show' then fair enough obviously.

It would be AC/DC, it just wouldn't be your preferred formulation. A bit like when Coke changed the recipe, or when a film franchise retcons its plot or recasts some roles.

To us, Angus and friends would be like Coke changing the recipe to Fanta orange. To less discerning fans, it would be like upping the phosphoric acid.
    Count me in the "yes" camp. I would go see them again with or without Brian. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy to death. But if he can't do it anymore, I'm not going to act like the band is dead. As long as Angus is up there playing, I will be there to support him. He has the absolute right to continue to use the AC/DC name regardless of who is playing alongside him. Furthermore, the Axl/DC show I saw in 2016 was fantastic. Why would I pass up seeing it again?
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • 4 days ago edited

Bon died because of his own mistake. It wasn’t AC/DC anymore. Maybe they are all Bon fans and not AC/DC fans, eh?
    Maybe .... Do you refer yourself as a Brian or AC/DC fan?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • 4 days ago

Maybe .... Do you refer yourself a Brian or AC/DC fan?

Do you refer to yourself as an Axl fan or an Axl fan?