To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • Feb 7th 2019

Posted By: jonalba
    If you need someone to break news about the Orlando Magic or professional wrestling, I'm your guy.

Go on then, is Magic gonna trade Vucevic today?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • Feb 7th 2019

Posted By: Starsky
    Posted By: jonalba
    If you need someone to break news about the Orlando Magic or professional wrestling, I'm your guy.

Go on then, is Magic gonna trade Vucevic today?

I think they hold put, unless there's an offer you can't refuse on T-Ross, or a small move that largely has no effect.

Now shhh....GFFH came on.
    jonalba 2 hours ago quote
    Posted By: ianbigmac

So you are a wee bit connected then? ;-D

For now, I'm off to go listen to Flick of the Switch

•  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • Feb 7th 2019

Posted By: moosefball77jonalba 2 hours ago quote
    Posted By: ianbigmac

So you are a wee bit connected then? ;-D

For now, I'm off to go listen to Flick of the Switch

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Feb 7th 2019

AC/DC might need a bass player. Hulk Hogan plays bass.
    • AC/DC rock music: Gavin82
    • Feb 7th 2019 edited

Dean Ambrose is the man.........
    This thread should be closed
    • AC/DC rock music: Gavin82
    • Feb 7th 2019 edited

GShooting may be willing too step in i hear hes free too play....
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Feb 7th 2019

SFC
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Feb 7th 2019 edited

Posted By: jonalbaPosted By: moosefball77

Hey, hey, what do ya know?
    I said feeling great and ready to roll
    I got the rock and roll thunder
    Hey hey hey
    Hey hey hey
    I got some rock and roll thunder
    Rock and roll thunder
    I still say Fred LaBour's the man.

Posted By: JemSFC

SFC! SFC! SFC! SFC! SFC! SFC! SFC! SFC! SFC! OK Will do my best
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: drillbag
    • Feb 12th 2019 edited

Posted By: micahcarey
    What church does Bach go to worship Axl?

the one in the November rain video
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Mar 11th 2019

Poll: who thinks they'll release the album even if the tour is off, permanently?
    It will be released one way or another, eventually.
    Posted By: whomadewho80It will be released one way or another, eventually.

My feeling as well. When is another thing,but we will hear it.
    • AC/DC rock music: shocker
    • Mar 12th 2019

It would be awesome if we could get one last tour. But the songs will be released even if there is no tour or even no album.
    The songs could be saved for future special releases and box sets, etc.
    I would assume the record company will want it released whether there's a tour or not. They won't want to lose out on a new album
    • Mar 12th 2019

Posted By: inrockwetrustI would assume the record company will want it released whether there's a tour or not. They won't want to lose out on a new album

Good point, I hadn't even considered that aspect.
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Mar 12th 2019

Posted By: inrockwetrustI would assume the record company will want it released whether there's a tour or not. They won't want to lose out on a new album
    Maybe Angus Will re record It with another line up at that point and Tour with it
    Maybe the new songs arent good enough and the record company refuse.????
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: malgus73
    • Mar 12th 2019

Posted By: raffstruck

I doubt that. I don‘t think any record company would not want to release an album with the name AC/DC on it, no matter how ‘‘bad“ it might be. Otherwise there would have been quite a few releases from major bands in the last couple of years that never would have been released.
    Ballbreaker says Hi
    • AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • Mar 12th 2019

Refuse?! The record company like most fans would welcome a turd if it comes from Ac/dc.
    •  
    • Mar 12th 2019

Posted By: Rajd07Refuse?! The record company like most fans would welcome a turd if it comes from Ac/dc.

Yeah, this isn't like the old days when a band might cut a new album every 6 months. AC/DC albums are like hen's teeth. Even if it had 'no obvious singles', the brand is big enough to make it sell well (as can be nowadays).
    • AC/DC rock music: CarwynO
    • Mar 12th 2019

Be realistic
    Posted By: CarwynO

Be realistic

Why is this unrealistic? Maybe the new batch of songs are simply not good? Stiff Upper Lip part 2 but without Malcolm and worst lyrics...
    Posted By: mutt_langes_perm

Be realistic

Why is this unrealistic? Maybe the new batch of songs are simply not good? Stiff Upper Lip part 2 but without Malcolm and worst lyrics...

FFS. How bad can it be? The brand name of AC/DC alone is the most important thing here for the record company. I seriously doupt the company have their fingers in there with the production.
    When they were recording ROB, before the songs came out they said the album was as good as Black Ice (I disagree, but that's not the point). So what made me think about this is that nothing has yet been said about the possible new songs. I know the meaning of the AC / DC brand, but imagine the return of the AC with a new super hit, how much this can add to sales in the back catalog. For a record company this would be much more intere$ting.
    Posted By: raffstruckWhen they were recording ROB, before the songs came out they said the album was as good as Black Ice (I disagree, but that's not the point). So what made me think about this is that nothing has yet been said about the possible new songs. I know the meaning of the AC / DC brand, but imagine the return of the AC with a new super hit, how much this can add to sales in the back catalog. For a record company this would be much more intere$ting.

Which one was a superhit on Black Ice? AC/DC makes albums not singles.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Mar 12th 2019

Posted By: Wholelottatobe
    Posted By: raffstruckWhen they were recording ROB, before the songs came out they said the album was as good as Black Ice (I disagree, but that's not the point). So what made me think about this is that nothing has yet been said about the possible new songs. I know the meaning of the AC / DC brand, but imagine the return of the AC with a new super hit, how much this can add to sales in the back catalog. For a record company this would be much more intere$ting.

Rock'n'Roll Train may not have been a "super" hit but it was a big hit (especially for a non-singles band as AC/DC) and it helped to propell the big success of the album as much as Thunderstruck did for TRE.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Mar 12th 2019

RnR Train was a pretty big hit that got lots of airplay. It can boost an album. Just like TRE.
    •  
    • Mar 12th 2019

Posted By: Rocco

Rock'n'Roll Train may not have been a "super" hit but it was a big hit (especially for a non-singles band as AC/DC) and it helped to propell the big success of the album as much as Thunderstruck did for TRE.
    you stole my thoughts FFS! :)
    It got lots of airplay but wasn't a hit anywhere - if that makes sense
    • AC/DC rock music: CarwynO
    • Mar 12th 2019

Posted By: mutt_langes_perm

Be realistic

Because it’s acdc? Enough said. How shit could they get in the first place? I doubt they’d produce something so bad it wouldn’t be released. Fly on the Wall? Blow Up Your Video? Ballbreaker? Even they have really worthy songs. The brand would sell it anyway, everyone knows this.
    •  
    • Mar 12th 2019

This isn't 1997. People aren't buying CDs in their millions based off the one good song it contains. AC/DC have a big enough fan base to have strong (for 2018) physical sales based simply on the fact that it's AC/DC. Strong enough, at least, that any album they make is worth putting out.

Who even buys CDs anymore? They're a shoddy and awkward medium. If you're going to go physical, vinyl is the way to go. But, really, if you're listening to AC/DC songs casually, it is more than likely on Youtube (until recently) or Spotify. And that's how most will experience the album exclusively.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Mar 12th 2019

Posted By: Thankass
    Posted By: Rocco

you stole my thoughts FFS! :)

LOL
    Posted By: BrianyThis isn't 1997. People aren't buying CDs in their millions based off the one good song it contains. AC/DC have a big enough fan base to have strong (for 2018) physical sales based simply on the fact that it's AC/DC. Strong enough, at least, that any album they make is worth putting out.

Who even buys CDs anymore? They're a shoddy and awkward medium. If you're going to go physical, vinyl is the way to go. But, really, if you're listening to AC/DC songs casually, it is more than likely on Youtube (until recently) or Spotify. And that's how most will experience the album exclusively.

Right. CD's aren't worth a shit other than they do have better sound quality than most .mp3 files, but is it really discernible to the average listener? Vinyl is still my favorite medium for physical music.
    • AC/DC rock music: MGP
    • Mar 12th 2019

It's all about the brand now. The logo. The silhouette. That is a fact of life. And the ACDC brand, label, logo, icon, however you want to put it, is a juggernaut just with that very well known image blazing away. Anything it is slapped on will sell. Whether that is good or bad is open for discussion. Just the "ïdea"of liking ACDC is considered cool now whereas it once was not. They have transcended. And become a commodity. Again, open to discussion whether that is a bad or good thing... Either way though, they have earnt it. The ACDC logo on a new ACDC album will sell. Sony would not have it any other way.
    Posted By: MGPIt's all about the brand now. The logo. The silhouette. That is a fact of life. And the ACDC brand, label, logo, icon, however you want to put it, is a juggernaut just with that very well known image blazing away. Anything it is slapped on will sell. Whether that is good or bad is open for discussion. Just the "ïdea"of liking ACDC is considered cool now whereas it once was not. They have transcended. And become a commodity. Again, open to discussion whether that is a bad or good thing... Either way though, they have earnt it. The ACDC logo on a new ACDC album will sell. Sony would not have it any other way.

And this is why I think that even if they (i.e. Angus) went with the Axl route, 'DC at the end of the day would lose very few, if any, followers. It might not be popular with the diehards but I think a vast majority of casuals wouldn't be too appalled by the notion plus you would have all those GNR fans who want new/more Axl stuff. I still think it's a real possibility that Axl is (at the very least) on the back burner for whatever is going on, given the scant amount of information and the seemingly ever-changing nature of this whole mess. People putting up all these crazy high expectations for this are likely to be that much more disappointed if things don't go according to the "ideal plan". Fact is, AC/DC is much more than a band and with the right marketing AC/DC can sell almost anything to its disciples...
    •  
    • Mar 13th 2019

AC/DC in 2020 = Angus, Phil, Stevie, Axl and Mr.X
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • Mar 13th 2019

Posted By: ThankassAC/DC in 2020 = Angus, Phil, Stevie, Axl and Mr.X

As much as I'd hate this lineup, I probably still would go see them.
    Posted By: Starsky

As much as I'd hate this lineup, I probably still would go see them.

Sorry, but I, along with others, would totally boycott any idea of such a line-up. I tried Axl once, and if it came to it that Brian and Cliff were out and Axl in, I couldn't stand it.
    Not looking to open up a discussion on this as we have all spent too much time bashing Axl and vice versa, I'm just looking to make the point that its this current effort or bust. Similar fans to me could not deal with going back to the 2016 status quo after coming tantalizingly close to having Brian, Cliff and Phil back with the boys.
    • Mar 13th 2019

Posted By: TryioToastSorry, but I, along with others, would totally boycott any idea of such a line-up. I tried Axl once, and if it came to it that Brian and Cliff were out and Axl in, I couldn't stand it.

Yeah I'd 'geoffrey' such a thing as well, although in my case it would be more just a case of not being interested, no disrespect to any of them, of course.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Mar 13th 2019

I'd go to say farewell to The Rudd.

Even though He is always with us and we are always with Him.
    •  
    • Mar 13th 2019

Posted By: Jem

At the moment I don't know if the perspective of seeing and hearing Rudd for the last time will win over the dislike of hearing Axl sing ac/dc tunes with a GnR signature. The drumming would be much better than the RoB tour, mind you!

Let's hope the world ends before then then :)
    Posted By: Thankass
    Posted By: Jem

At the moment I don't know if the perspective of seeing and hearing Rudd for the last time will win over the dislike of hearing Axl sing ac/dc tunes with a GnR signature. The drumming would be much better than the RoB tour, mind you!

Out of pure interest, I’d love to see how many people would bail and discard the band if they put Axl in Brian’s place permanently. I mane based on the hardcore fans, there would be some losses but overall?
    •  
    • Mar 13th 2019

Axl and Mr. X are mortal enemies. Streets of Rage says so.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • Mar 13th 2019

AC/DC in 2020 = Angus, Phil, Stevie, Axl and Mr.X

2020 is far too early for this lineup. I would rather prefer it to occur when hell freezes over