To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Sep 15th 2018

Anyone watching Golovkin v Canelo II? I was thinking of getting up in the night to watch it but now find it's only on limited platforms even though it's pay to view - what's difficult about allowing pay to stream like they did for the last Joshua fight? Fucking annoying.

F1 at Singapore, will watch that, a bit gutted by qualifying though. Incredible lap by Hamilton but even though I'm English, I'm not keen on the guy at all.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Sep 15th 2018

Hamilton can be annoying, but I still root for him just because he’s such an amazing driver. The pole position lap that he did today was just out of this world.

Also, if Hamilton’s winning then that means that Vettel isn’t, which suits me right down to the ground. I can’t stand that guy.

Also, don’t forget about the British Touring Car Championship - the penultimate round at Silverstone is this weekend!
    •  
    • Sep 15th 2018

As far as boxing goes, I’m not really into it that much - although I did see Khan and his glass chin last weekend as it wasn’t pay per view.
    • Sep 15th 2018

LoL - I like Seb these days, I think he's grown-up into a good guy with a sense of humour...but I recall a time when I wasn't fond of him.

I can't warm to Lewis but yeah fucking hell what a driver. He's insanely good, yet so consistent with it. He's destroying poor old 'magnificent wingman' Botty-bot!

Is TOCA on normal telly? I do enjoy that whenever I see it.
    • Sep 15th 2018

Posted By: benjiI did see Khan and his glass chin last weekend as it wasn’t pay per view.

I didn't even realise - I would have watched it, I like Khan. Agree though, glass chin.

Tonight's bout is fascinating, apparently Golovkin's punches carry the power of someone two weight divisions higher up! There's some great clips on YouTube of him destroying opponents with body shots, in one case the fight was over as he simply broke the poor guy's ribs!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Sep 15th 2018

F1 for sure. I think what Max did today was even relatively better than Hamilton. If you consider he did that with an engine without party mode and a structural 70 horsepower disadvantage compared to Ferrari and Mercedes. If you can get this result with only a good chassis, you are phenomenal.

Tbh i'm fed up with Hamilton and Vettel for a long time. They are good sportsmen but they dominate the sport since 2008 and that is not good for the sport(for any sport). Luckily we have LeClerc and Gasly in competitive cars next year.

Tomorrow's race will be a real treat. No doubt.

PS: i don't give a fuck about boxing, so that's all yours ;)
    • Sep 15th 2018

Yes Max did a pretty amazing job too... If you consider everyone including Lewis himself seems in total awe of that lap....and Max is only 3 tenths off and not in a Ferrari or Mercedes....then for sure, almost a bit unfair that he's not getting more credit.

LeClerc and Gasly will be interesting next year.

Surprise move by Kimi going back to Sauber, I admire it though as it shows he loves the sport more than people assume. He's not consistent like 10 years ago but at his best still right up there in terms of pure speed.
    •  
    • Sep 15th 2018

BTCC is on ITV4
    • Sep 15th 2018

Ah cheers.. I've got a weekend to myself so might have a look then..
    Will watch Golovkin vs Canelo II. Not hard to find streams.

F1? No way, i fucking hate it. It doesn´t excite me these days. Is Nigel Mansell still the best? I love MotoGP. Now that is racing.
    • AC/DC rock music: Gavin82
    • Sep 15th 2018

Ill be up too watch GGG only £16.95 its going too be a good punch up then AJ nx wk some good fights on some good ££££ too bet on CA where as not worth betting on GGG.
    • Sep 15th 2018

Posted By: WholelottatobeWill watch Golovkin vs Canelo II. Not hard to find streams.

I get fucked off with them, cutting out all the time. I usually use MamaHD but can't see the bout listed. Which site do you use?
    Posted By: 900
    Posted By: WholelottatobeWill watch Golovkin vs Canelo II. Not hard to find streams.

I get fucked off with them, cutting out all the time. I usually use MamaHD but can't see the bout listed. Which site do you use?

I don´t know yet. I never use the same one. One stream might work great one weekend, and be pisspoor the next. I have to check around. When does the broadcast start?
    • Sep 15th 2018

Posted By: WholelottatobeI don´t know yet. I never use the same one. One stream might work great one weekend, and be pisspoor the next. I have to check around. When does the broadcast start?

Fuck knows.. I think the build-up events already started as there are several fights on the bill..? I think I'll just listen on the radio from beddingtons. The thought of getting up at 4am and struggling to get a stream having sobered up from my current boozing sounds no fun at all!
    • Sep 15th 2018

Posted By: Gavin82Ill be up too watch GGG only £16.95 its going too be a good punch up then AJ nx wk some good fights on some good ££££ too bet on CA where as not worth betting on GGG.

I heard Paulie Malignaggi saying any steroid use would not have fully worn off by now, which seems weird and unfair on triple-G?

Both fearsome fighters... GGG seems to have an aura of invincibility, but it seems Canelo is one guy who has a chance, especially after doing well in the last fight (albeit most experts thought it wasn't a draw and GGG won).
    Posted By: 900
    Posted By: WholelottatobeI don´t know yet. I never use the same one. One stream might work great one weekend, and be pisspoor the next. I have to check around. When does the broadcast start?

Fuck knows.. I think the build-up events already started as there are several fights on the bill..? I think I'll just listen on the radio from beddingtons. The thought of getting up at 4am and struggling to get a stream having sobered up from my current boozing sounds no fun at all!

One stream can work perfectly now, and be a total mess when that fight starts that is the bugger. I will get back to you, and you are welcome to share if you find a good one.
    • Sep 15th 2018

Cheers Tobe.
    Well i have decent stream now.
    Is it disabled to send messages on this site now?
    • Sep 15th 2018

Cracking fight...!!!!!
    Another joke decision in my eyes.
    • Sep 16th 2018

Any 1 gets the chance too watch the fight today do it great fight loved every sec of it so glad i got up for it.
    Roll on nx wknd AJ i think he will win but not have it all his own way
    • Sep 16th 2018

I listened on the radio, sounds like GGG got diddled again even if it was close. Seems like there could be another rematch.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: recimo
    • Sep 16th 2018

Let's just say I'm not a fan of Hamilton, not a big fan of Vettel either, but I like him more than Hamilton. I'm 22, but I always remember the time when I was 7-8 years old when I was watching F1 with my dad, always rooted for Kimi, he's my favourte driver. Regardless, that was insane lap from Lewis, if there is perfect lap, that was it. First lap is going to be interesting, especially first corner, after that I don't think much will change, unless Ferrari fucks up the strategy again and loses couple of positons... Max in first row, I expect him to be agressive which is good, but that will probably result in at least a contact in the first turn.
    Kimi going to Sauber, I would be happy if he decided to retire, he had great career and would go out on a high, imo. This was great season for him, and we still have like 6 races to go. That being said, I guess man just likes to race. I've seen an interview with him where he said, if it wasn't F1, it would be rally, or motor sports, basically he loves to race.
    I'm secretly hoping for Max to take out Lewis with him in the first corner, Vettel gets on 1st position and Kimi to pass Bottas. That would result in a lot of points for me on my fantasy team :D
    • Sep 16th 2018

Posted By: recimoI'm secretly hoping for Max to take out Lewis with him in the first corner,

Seems like Perez was the only guy playing fantasy F1 today, what a maniac!

That's going to be extremely hard for Seb to win the title this year now... Hamilton's pole yesterday really set him up. Annoying.
    •  
    • Sep 16th 2018

Vettel will only have himself to blame if Hamilton does go on to win the Championship. He threw it off the road in Germany, drove into Bottas in France, and drove into Hamilton in Italy.
    • Sep 16th 2018

^True, Seb's fucked it up too many times.

Also curious as to how Red Bull will get on next year.. Verstappen's looking very strong again...will Ricciardo regret his move to Renault or will it prove to be an inspired decision?
    •  
    • Sep 16th 2018

Posted By: 900^True, Seb's fucked it up too many times.

Also curious as to how Red Bull will get on next year.. Verstappen's looking very strong again...will Ricciardo regret his move to Renault or will it prove to be an inspired decision?
    Ricciardo already stated that he won't get a podium in 2019..But staying at Red Bull and playing second fiddle to Max wasn't an option either. As long as Adrian Newey stays at RB they have potentially a top 3 car. The honda motor is not less powerfull than the renault and is at least equally reliable. Should be ok for 2019. Would love to see more Max - Lewis battle in the future. I think Vettel and Lewis will swop places in 2021.
    • Sep 16th 2018

Do you think Daniel really was a no.2 behind the scenes, or just too scared of Max? He's a talented driver but it's like he didn't want to compete with Max anymore, ironically similar to how Dan seemed to scare off Seb previously?
    •  
    • Sep 16th 2018 edited

Posted By: 900Do you think Daniel really was a no.2 behind the scenes, or just too scared of Max? He's a talented driver but it's like he didn't want to compete with Max anymore, ironically similar to how Dan seemed to scare off Seb previously?
    Daniel had a fabulous start at RB in 2014. But after Vettel left he seemed to get in cruise control mode. Max woke him up. He has the advantage of being young and with a lot of potential. RB eventually decided to offer Max a mega contract (which made him the best paid driver after Alonso and Hamilton) and stated that they wanted yo become world champion with Max and build the team around him. I think as a Daniel Ricciardo you know then that your days are over. And although they say they have a good relationship, Daniel indeed was probably fed up racing against Max and not by default earning the nr1 spot at the team.

At Renault he is the main man and there is no discussion about his nr 1 status. Plus they pay him 18 million a year.. The best option bar the top 3 teams where he could go imo.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: marcinha
    • Sep 25th 2018

Hope it's ok to use this thread for a question I have, still related to motoring, though.

Anybody converted or owns a van turned into camper?
    Give me a whisper or something if you'd like to share anything on the subject. Cheers.
    • Mar 31st 2019

Fucking mad race in the F1... I just *knew* Bottas would make a tit of himself after all his "fuck you" stuff after only winning one race. Vettel fucked it up.... and Le Clerc must be gutted... Typical of Hamilton to keep it all together and then reap the rewards. Gah.

Vettel's got to get himself together seriously fast, or he's gone. I'd like to see him do it and create an epic battle with Lewis for 6 or 7 championships. Le Clerc's got years to get his name on the board....he looks the real deal.
    •  
    • Mar 31st 2019

Posted By: 900Fucking mad race in the F1... I just *knew* Bottas would make a tit of himself after all his "fuck you" stuff after only winning one race. Vettel fucked it up.... and Le Clerc must be gutted... Typical of Hamilton to keep it all together and then reap the rewards. Gah.

Vettel's got to get himself together seriously fast, or he's gone. I'd like to see him do it and create an epic battle with Lewis for 6 or 7 championships. Le Clerc's got years to get his name on the board....he looks the real deal.

Yep, was a great race this afternoon, and I agree 100% with your summary.

Also, Liverpool managed to grind out another important victory today which made the afternoon even better :)
    •  
    • Mar 31st 2019

Also, have any F1 fans on here checked out the Netflix documentary series yet? It’s a fantastic look behind the scenes. The Renault / Red Bull relationship is particularly intriguing to see.
    • Mar 31st 2019

Posted By: benjiAlso, have any F1 fans on here checked out the Netflix documentary series yet? It’s a fantastic look behind the scenes. The Renault / Red Bull relationship is particularly intriguing to see.

Not seen that yet...

Buggered myself with the football result there, been at my mum's today and was about to watch it on (delayed) MOTD2!! :-D

I'm rooting for Liverpool, though I think it's going to be City. I like Klopp.
    •  
    • Apr 1st 2019 edited

Posted By: benjiAlso, have any F1 fans on here checked out the Netflix documentary series yet? It’s a fantastic look behind the scenes. The Renault / Red Bull relationship is particularly intriguing to see.
    Not yet, but certainly will. About yesterday; LeClerc is not an easy cookie for Vettel. This could be become a same year as his last year with Red Bull, where he was overshadowed by Riciardo.
    Sadly Max seems not to have the power yet. Luckily the reliability and thus consistent point scoring is there.

Yep - absolutely love it, it'd be even better to get Ferrari and Mercedes in there as well, seen as they're the ones fighting for the championships

Heart-breaking for Leclerc yesterday, and also heart-breaking to see both Ferrari drivers almost a race win points worth behind the Merc drivers already. Really hope Ferrari can take the fight to them, Merc's are so damn reliable and consistent though..
    SMB lose on pens
    •  
    • Apr 26th 2019

Anyone watching Liverpool v Huddersfield? They just had Thunderstruck blaring out as the players came out :)
    • Apr 26th 2019

I'm watching it. Though fucking Now TV keeps losing clarity - or maybe it's my broadband as unfortunately I'm with those scum merchants, Three.

Hoping to watch all the Baku GP stuff this weekend, as my g/f isn't around!
    •  
    • Apr 26th 2019

Posted By: 900I'm watching it. Though fucking Now TV keeps losing clarity - or maybe it's my broadband as unfortunately I'm with those scum merchants, Three.

Hoping to watch all the Baku GP stuff this weekend, as my g/f isn't around!

Been having the same problems throughout the first half (watching on Sky Go on my iPad). Maybe Sky’s servers are having issues.
    • Apr 26th 2019

Glad I'm not the only one!

But I seemed to fix it by changing the Now TV channel from Main Event, to the other one showing the same stream. As soon as I did this, it's remained stable for the entire time.
    •  
    • Apr 26th 2019

Posted By: 900Glad I'm not the only one!

But I seemed to fix it by changing the Now TV channel from Main Event, to the other one showing the same stream. As soon as I did this, it's remained stable for the entire time.

I’ve tried changing from Sky Go to the Sky Sports app and it seems ok so far - I’ll see how I go.

I’ve recently cancelled my Sky TV because I’m coming to the end of my contact and I don’t want to be tied in for another 18 months, and it’s being turned off at the end of May. I have used Now TV on occasion in the past and it’s been ok I think - do you use it regularly, and if so, how reliable is it usually?
    • Apr 26th 2019

Posted By: benjido you use it regularly, and if so, how reliable is it usually?

I've used it here and there for the last year, but not massively. First few goes I think I recall similar issues to tonight, and requesting a refund a couple of times. But I'm sure it's been fine on most occasions, especially for F1. Until this week I've only ever bought day passes, but I bought a week pass to see the Manchester derby the other night, knowing there'd be more games plus F1 this weekend...

The feed I switched to (from Main Event) is Premier League - and it's still fine - so I'm pretty sure that was the fault.

I'm never sure where the issue is, as my ISP is a bit of a joke - 35-70 mbps off-peak, yet sometimes <5 mbps on-peak. How the fuck were they ever allowed to get away with promoting "average speeds" (which I think changed just recently)?
    Great result. Really hope Klopp wins something as I have a man crush on him and he needs to be remembered as a legend. Love his fist pumping at end of games, guy is so fkin passionate. I’m sure he must like AC/DC.
    • Apr 26th 2019

Posted By: WarMachine73Great result. Really hope Klopp wins something as I have a man crush on him and he needs to be remembered as a legend. Love his fist pumping at end of games, guy is so fkin passionate. I’m sure he must like AC/DC.

I like Klopp as well, top guy, great character.

Salah needs to stop diving though (albeit I don't think he did it tonight).
    A great evening for Liverpool. And i was so happy for Oxlade, and he almost scored aswell. This team can beat Barcelona over two games. Even if Barcelona are 2-3 goals up after first leg they will struggle at Anfield.
    • Apr 27th 2019

I was pleased for Oxlade C as well, seems a nice guy, and he was doing brilliantly before that injury - England could have used him in the World Cup.

As for today, fucking love the Baku F1 circuit, a real test. The onboards are scary. Seb really needed to grasp the moment with Le Clerc out the way....but where the fuck did Botty-bot come from? Surprised, and pleased for him.
    • Apr 28th 2019

Key EPL game today.... can Burnley somehow get a draw against City, and hand Liverpool a golden chance of the title?
    •  
    • Apr 28th 2019 edited

Up for an exciting race in Baku imo.
    Vettel, Max and both Mercedeses are very close in race trim. Leclerc charging from midfield will be on Max his tail in about 10 laps