To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

Never been the biggest fan of the fly album but I was cranking back in business today in the truck and all I could envision is how fucking badass it would be to have that playing over the PA at max volume before the boys walk onstage to start the show !!!!
    Turn it up close your eyes and just imagine !!!!!
    Back in Business is one of the nastiest songs by the band. Gives anything off LTBR a run for their money.

Dissenters are welcome to dissent, but are more welcome to fuck off. :)
    • AC/DC rock music: MGP
    • Sep 11th 2018

FOTW = Brilliant album.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Sep 12th 2018

Posted By: SpellboundBack in Business is one of the nastiest songs by the band. Gives anything off LTBR a run for their money.

Hit the sauce again?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Sep 12th 2018

Lol^
    Posted By: SpellboundBack in Business is one of the nastiest songs by the band. Gives anything off LTBR a run for their money.

The lyrics sure. The happy sounding ZZ Top rip off music? Not so much.
    The nastiest song committed to vinyl by the band = Squealer.
    Back In Business & Send For The Man - hell of a 1-2 ko.
    Posted By: Thankass

Hit the sauce again?

I wish.

Posted By: mutt_langes_perm

The lyrics sure. The happy sounding ZZ Top rip off music? Not so much.

Can someone direct me to where exactly it sounds like ZZ Top? I'm not too big into them mind you, but it's not like it's as blatant as say Ride on or LMPMLIY.
    •  
    • Sep 12th 2018

^ i think MLP means that there is a small touch of Tush and La Grange in the intro of BIB. But just a very small touch.
    Posted By: Thankass^ i think MLP means that there is a small touch of Tush and La Grange in the intro of BIB. But just a very small touch.

Just a very small touch? It sounds like Billy Gibbons played the intro himself!
    Like I said, great lyrics by Brian, as it got the PMRC's Tipper Gore's panties in a bunch back in the day.
    •  
    • Sep 12th 2018

Posted By: Thankass^ i think MLP means that there is a small touch of Tush and La Grange in the intro of BIB. But just a very small touch.

Billy is more subtle imo. Then again, wasn't Sharp Dressed Man a rip off from Bad Boy Boogie?
    •  
    • Sep 12th 2018

Posted By: mutt_langes_permLike I said, great lyrics by Brian, as it got the PMRC's Tipper Gore's panties in a bunch back in the day.
    I think it didn't take much for that to happen. Poor Al :)
    Posted By: ThankassBilly is more subtle imo. Then again, wasn't Sharp Dressed Man a rip off from Bad Boy Boogie?

Case closed. An eye for an eye.

Back in Business is a certified banger.

Billy is more subtle imo. Then again, wasn't Sharp Dressed Man a rip off from Bad Boy Boogie?

I believe you're right. Full disclosure, I love Back In Business' intro. When BIB kicks off it sounds like it's going to being a barn burner like Landslide or something, but then unfortunately it's followed by this goofy kind of drum beat. I'm not blaming Simon though. I'm sure he just played what was asked of him.
    •  
    • Sep 12th 2018

I believe you're right. Full disclosure, I love Back In Business' intro. When BIB kicks off it sounds like it's going to being a barn burner like Landslide or something, but then unfortunately it's followed by this goofy kind of drum beat. I'm not blaming Simon though. I'm sure he just played what was asked of him.
    Haha, pure Simon bashing! But i know exactly what you mean. Always been my main problem with BIB also.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rikha
    • Sep 12th 2018

FOTW is a masterpiece, it takes time to fully understand that but when it hits you, you're hooked for life.
    Posted By: RikhaFOTW is a masterpiece, it takes time to fully understand that but when it hits you, you're hooked for life.

Not true. In 1985, I was completely hooked. In 2018? Not so much.
    •  
    • Sep 13th 2018 edited

Posted By: RikhaFOTW is a masterpiece, it takes time to fully understand that but when it hits you, you're hooked for life.

Not true. In 1985, I was completely hooked. In 2018? Not so much.
    You just need some rehabilitation, that's all ;-)

Poor guy. He must be listening to Danger on repeat.
    I’d say he’s listening to Wheels. Poor bastard is so miserable he has to sing the chorus just to get through it.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Sep 13th 2018

LOLZ
    •  
    • Sep 13th 2018

Is that GShootin, forced to watch the premiere of the secret Axl/DC dvd; Live in Philly?
    So what's the best song on FOTW?

Let's vote!

SINK THE PINK
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Sep 13th 2018

1. Fly On The Wall

2. Shake yer Foondations!

STP and BIB close behind!
    •  
    • Sep 13th 2018

Fly on the Wall
    Shake Your Foundations
    First Blood
    Danger
    Sink the Pink
    Playing with Girls
    Stand Up
    Hell or High Water
    Back in Business
    Send for the Man
    ZZ Top kick ass just like Back In Business.

Back In Business is killer, oozes the 80's too.Would have been a cool live track.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Elvir79
    • Jan 9th 2019

LOL!!!

•  
      AC/DC rock music: malgus73
    • Jan 9th 2019

Posted By: Elvir79LOL!!!

His vocals sound a lot like KISS
    Dreadful song a perfect example of what went wrong with AC/DC

Excellent commentary all round!
    Imagine the new world tour opening with back in business
    I hope that some gems are dragged out of the shadows if they decide to tour again
    Gives anything off LTBR a run for their money ? can’t even find a place for it on BUYV
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Jan 11th 2019

Stay off whatever drugs you're taking!
    Posted By: Rocco

Stay off whatever drugs you're taking!

Maybe just heard it to much sick of hearing it live and on the radios
    Posted By: SpellboundGives anything off LTBR a run for their money.

How did I miss this comment the first time around? That's some mighty fine inspired writing to the say the least. :)
    The goofy drum playing in Back In Business nearly derails the song. Great lyrics by Mr. Johnson though.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Jan 11th 2019

Great song, including the drums!