To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Sep 7th 2018

This is great!

• AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Sep 7th 2018

I miss Mal soooooo much
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Sep 7th 2018

Funny that Malcolm wasn't even sure what album Ain't No Fun was from.
    I don't think I've ever heard them talk about Ain't No Fun. That pic of Mal behind Angus looks cool though. Something like that with Mal looking over Angus could make a great cover for the next album.
    Posted By: Fast As a SharkI don't think I've ever heard them talk about Ain't No Fun. That pic of Mal behind Angus looks cool though. Something like that with Mal looking over Angus could make a great cover for the next album.

Agree on that pic!!
    Nice to hear Mal speak well of the instrumentals. When he said Ain't No Fun was around 8 minutes I thought he was high. Holy shit it's longer than I remember.

Charming interview. Thanks!
    Nov 24th 1985 would be that show in Portland Maine when king paid them a visit backstage
    Who the fuck are 'SME', and why are they acting like complete cunts by blocking me from watching this video? Fuck them.
    Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCatWho the fuck are 'SME', and why are they acting like complete cunts by blocking me from watching this video? Fuck them.

No clue but I raise my double vodka soda in salute to your righteous fury!
    Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCatWho the fuck are 'SME', and why are they acting like complete cunts by blocking me from watching this video? Fuck them.

Sony Music Entertainment - AC/DC's label.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • Sep 8th 2018

This is on the LAD DVD.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Sep 8th 2018

Yeah, I mean fuck them for stopping you seeing material they own that has been distributed by someone without their permission!!!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Belford74
    • Sep 8th 2018

Karaoke with King! This is pure gold
    Posted By: benji

Yeah, I mean fuck them for stopping you seeing material they own that has been distributed by someone without their permission!!!

Fuck them for letting everyone else watch it except me. Fucking discrimination!
    Classic stuff. I recall hearing the Ain't No Fun story before,but always cool to hear again.

Interviews like this are gold. Love hearing them shoot the shit and talk about the albums and songs.

This is just a random old interview. As far as I know it has never been packaged and sold so SME is not losing any money here.

One could make this a matter of principle that if they own it they have every right they should be able to stop longtime fans who have spent maybe thousands of dollars on the band (releases, tickets, merch) over the years from watching it. Just because they have the "right" (reminds me of a Motorhead single, but I digress)...

Yes, and if we're all going to be held to that level of accountability based on principle and legal "ownership" I think that would apply to bootlegs as well — by their very definition they are not legally sanctioned recordings of the band.

So tell me, do you ever listen to or watch bootlegs of AC/DC or any other band?
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Sep 8th 2018

A bit mean the way they talk of the film and how bad it was, and forget names and things, given Stephen King was such a fan of the band. They wouldn't like it if in interviews he kept saying "...ah yeah, those guys....yeah those guys who bombed-out with Blow Up Your Video a couple of years later" or something..
    Posted By: 900A bit mean the way they talk of the film and how bad it was, and forget names and things, given Stephen King was such a fan of the band. They wouldn't like it if in interviews he kept saying "...ah yeah, those guys....yeah those guys who bombed-out with Blow Up Your Video a couple of years later" or something..

I hear you but I think when King himself says the movie sucked, I think that makes their comments ok. It's not like they called King a hack writer or anything. And Mal himself forgets what album Ain't No Fun is on... so his spotty memory doesn't just apply to King.

To be clear: the movie sucked, the soundtrack was pretty darn good, some of movies based on King's writing are pretty good to exceptional.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Sep 8th 2018

Posted By: 900A bit mean the way they talk of the film and how bad it was.

They said that King himself was unhappy with the result and the only good thing about the film was the music. When it's that slated by the creator of the thing, you've a bit more license to slate it yourself.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Sep 8th 2018

Posted By: Bedlam_in_Toronto
    Posted By: 900A bit mean the way they talk of the film and how bad it was, and forget names and things, given Stephen King was such a fan of the band. They wouldn't like it if in interviews he kept saying "...ah yeah, those guys....yeah those guys who bombed-out with Blow Up Your Video a couple of years later" or something..

And Mal himself forgets what album Ain't No Fun is on... so his spotty memory doesn't just apply to King.

That's a common thing with performers. They're so busy with their craft that they've no time to really examine their oeuvre and know it in depth, yet we always seem shocked when a musician doesn't know what album a particular song is on, or that a big time actor has never watched that blockbuster they were in all the way through.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Sep 8th 2018

This is just a random old interview. As far as I know it has never been packaged and sold so SME is not losing any money here.

One could make this a matter of principle that if they own it they have every right they should be able to stop longtime fans who have spent maybe thousands of dollars on the band (releases, tickets, merch) over the years from watching it. Just because they have the "right" (reminds me of a Motorhead single, but I digress)...

Yes, and if we're all going to be held to that level of accountability based on principle and legal "ownership" I think that would apply to bootlegs as well — by their very definition they are not legally sanctioned recordings of the band.

The interview is from the Live At Donington release from SME.

Of course I listen to bootlegs, I just don’t complain if they get taken down!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • Sep 8th 2018

This is just a random old interview. As far as I know it has never been packaged and sold so SME is not losing any money here.Posted By: Grim177This is on the LAD DVD.
    Posted By: Briany

And Mal himself forgets what album Ain't No Fun is on... so his spotty memory doesn't just apply to King.

That's a common thing with performers. They're so busy with their craft that they've no time to really examine their oeuvre and know it in depth, yet we always seem shocked when a musician doesn't know what album a particular song is on, or that a big time actor has never watched that blockbuster they were in all the way through.

I've heard a lot of musicians say once an album is done they don't listen to it again. I think the self-critical aspect of it is difficult for many. Not sure if that was Mal's way or if he was just so busy touring at the time that there was no need to revisit old releases.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Sep 8th 2018

I didn't listen to this particular clip, to be fair. But from previous interviews on the subject, it's appeared a bit crass and ill-mannered at times. But yes, King knew the film was lame. I think it was more when they couldn't even remember his name while mocking the film that seemed a bit off.
    They are what they are.
    Anything that is not Angus and Malcolm can fuck off.

The interview is from the Live At Donington release from SME.

Of course I listen to bootlegs, I just don’t complain if they get taken down!

It's not taken down. It's geo-blocked or something. I really don't give a shit. I have Donington anyway. It's the principle I'm complaining about. Fucking discrimination ;)
    I actually have an interview with Angus in print from around the time Who Made Who came out, where he said he loves reading King. His favourite was Salem's Lot. Angus does like to read, actually. He's also got an interest in history.

I would bet the fact the clip uses large portions of the song (Who Made Who) is what got the clip flagged by SME and not the actual clip of them talking. You can thank the YouTuber who added it in for that one.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Sep 10th 2018

Posted By: OneTimeLoverI actually have an interview with Angus in print from around the time Who Made Who came out, where he said he loves reading King. His favourite was Salem's Lot. Angus does like to read, actually. He's also got an interest in history.
    Aardschok mei '86 :)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Janonen
    • Mar 9th 2019

Would someone be considerate enough to provide a regular link to the interview? Opera Mini seems unable to handle embedded videos.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Janonen
    • Mar 9th 2019

I believe I found it. Carry on.
    Spectacular and hilarious interview!
    if i remember alot of audio intervews came with reissues ...that you popped into the pc...?
    I wish they would have just made Who Made Who a whole new album of all new songs . The 3 tracks they did were on fire and the session was very productive.