To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

Long story short, this was a big part of my childhood. I found the VHS tape from eBay Germany... bought it, and paid a local company $35 to rip it cleanly to digital file for personal use. I can now watch it anytime in glorious 480p.

Man, I love this film, for all of its faults and glory. Who else remembers this?
    • AC/DC rock music: sfadden30
    • Aug 27th 2018 edited

Still have my original copy along with the who made who VHS
    when that building started to shake apart to shake your foundations... So great so euphoric
    • AC/DC rock music: MGP
    • Aug 27th 2018

The full Fly on the Wall thing appears on the ACDC video clip compilation DVDs. Family Jewels..
    Posted By: MGPThe full Fly on the Wall thing appears on the ACDC video clip compilation DVDs. Family Jewels..

Yeah, it's on this DVD:

https://en.wikipedia...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Aug 28th 2018

Went to the record store just to take it from the shelf and look and sniff at it :) Back around '86.
    I didn't have a VHS recorder so i couldn't do more than just that.

SYF and Danger got pretty frequent airplay on Sky Channel UK around 85/86 (together with LTBR).
    Those were my first sightings of the band on tv.
    Pretty amazed by it. Angus had great hair back in the eighties.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Aug 28th 2018

Still have the VHS. Loved it when it came out. Love it now.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Aug 28th 2018

Dumped all my VHS tapes long ago. Including a bunch of AC/DC stuff. Official, bootleg and home recorded. Also dumped my last VHS player a few years ago.

If VHS makes a comeback, I'm screwed. And someone out there will have made a serious score at the local Goodwill store. : )
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rikha
    • Aug 28th 2018

My VHS copy still has its protective plastic. I feel so nostalgic while talking about VHS and other dated stuff, I don't know how to explain but everything were much more valuable back then. Millennials will never understand the feeling of going to a video shop to renting or buying a VHS tape.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Aug 28th 2018

Posted By: RikhaMy VHS copy still has its protective plastic. I feel so nostalgic while talking about VHS and other dated stuff, I don't know how to explain but everything were much more valuable back then. Millennials will never understand the feeling of going to a video shop to renting or buying a VHS tape.

Really? VHS are like cassette tapes. The quality sucked, they were a pain to fast forward and rewind, the tape could get caught and damaged fairly easily. I have a hard time looking back fondly on those things.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • Aug 28th 2018

Still have them all, multiple copies of some of them and four working players in the house. Although I have decent HD TV's with Bluray, I still enjoy watching VHS on an old CRT.

Posted By: RikhaMy VHS copy still has its protective plastic. I feel so nostalgic while talking about VHS and other dated stuff, I don't know how to explain but everything were much more valuable back then. Millennials will never understand the feeling of going to a video shop to renting or buying a VHS tape.

I remember going to WH Smiths to order LTBRTM and then probably waiting a couple of weeks before it arrived. I'd don't think I even know what it was, it was just one of a handful of AC/DC titles in a video catalogue. I might of thought it was a video of the album or something but I was so exited when I collected it and saw it was a complete live show with Bon. Also the thrill of finding that grey Alberts/CBS one with the early clips on it that I didn't know existed either.
    I've got the BETA and VHS of the Fly on the Wall tape. Tried to sell them for ages but no takers.
    • AC/DC rock music: Bruce
    • Aug 29th 2018

Yes remember getting the VHS and loving it. Couldn't understand all the negative press it received.
    • AC/DC rock music: savsav
    • Aug 29th 2018

I still have my copy. Cardboard case .Played it to death at the time . Coincidently I was watching the TV program friends with my daughter over the weekend . It showed the Manhattan Bridge view . It was more or less identical to the Shake your foundations view at the end . My daughter was well pissed when I paused friends loaded YouTube and started comparing the two .
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rikha
    • Aug 29th 2018

Posted By: Grim177I remember going to WH Smiths to order LTBRTM and then probably waiting a couple of weeks before it arrived. I'd don't think I even know what it was, it was just one of a handful of AC/DC titles in a video catalogue. I might of thought it was a video of the album or something but I was so exited when I collected it and saw it was a complete live show with Bon. Also the thrill of finding that grey Alberts/CBS one with the early clips on it that I didn't know existed either.
    Yes, I experienced the very same situation when I bought the LTBRTM VHS. I don't know for sure how many versions there are but my original US copy had Simon Wright on the back cover and although I knew it was a video featuring Bon that back cover got me confused. Man, when I watched it I was blown away...a full concert (ok, almost) from the HTH tour featuring interviews, some back stage, Bon signing autographs and even Angus breathing from an oxygen tank, it was much more than I was expecting from a single VHS tape. That movie is a Rock/Art Masterpiece, one of the best audiovisual experiences I've ever had in my life. I don't think anything will ever beat that.
    I think this VHS is somewhat underrated. It is funny and the songs are the only worth a mention from the FOTW album.
    • AC/DC rock music: Ron
    • Sep 1st 2018

Had this and Who Made Who. Both a fiver from Our Price.
    • AC/DC rock music: 80309
    • Dec 31st 2018

Posted By: Inferno

Really? VHS are like cassette tapes. The quality sucked, they were a pain to fast forward and rewind, the tape could get caught and damaged fairly easily. I have a hard time looking back fondly on those things.

qaulity sure don't suck on my dragon cassette deck.
    • AC/DC rock music: Big Rab
    • Jan 1st 2019

Yes i remember getting this from WH Smith's and loved it immediately. Angus looks awesome and the whole video was fun with the band pumping out pure heavy Rockin magic. Still got the VHS in the attic along with several other tapes,albums etc.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: drillbag
    • Jan 1st 2019

Posted By: ShootToThrill
    Posted By: MGPThe full Fly on the Wall thing appears on the ACDC video clip compilation DVDs. Family Jewels..

Yeah, it's on this DVD:

https://en.wikipedia...

Not really, it is just the clips that were cut for TV, which are a little different to the whole programme. - for instance, the video tape doesn't show Angus sinking the ball with his guitar at the end of Sink The Pink.
    Most of the in between song stuff has been cut and there is no "playing with girls" outro (the band is shown playing the song as the credits start to roll)
    And that fuckwit super snoop appears a lot more on the home video (unfortunately)
    •  
    • Jan 1st 2019

what would be cool is a full dvd of the "Flick" rehearsal sessions.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • Jan 1st 2019 edited

Posted By: drillbag

Not really, it is just the clips that were cut for TV, which are a little different to the whole programme. - for instance, the video tape doesn't show Angus sinking the ball with his guitar at the end of Sink The Pink.
    Most of the in between song stuff has been cut and there is no "playing with girls" outro (the band is shown playing the song as the credits start to roll)
    And that fuckwit super snoop appears a lot more on the home video (unfortunately)

Other than the end credits being cut, the version on Family Jewels is identical to the VHS/laserdisc. You also don't see the band playing PWG, it just plays over the credits. The alternative version of STP has never been released on anything afaik.

Posted By: drillbagwhat would be cool is a full dvd of the "Flick" rehearsal sessions.

The video has been around online for several years and I doubt there's any more footage than what's already available.
    •  
    • Jan 1st 2019

ok, I need to watch family jewels again, I was sure that it was just the songs with no in between bits.