To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Mar 31st 2018 edited

•  
      AC/DC rock music: BrennaB
    • Mar 31st 2018

Not sure what I just (kinda) watched :))))) lololol
    •  
    • Apr 1st 2018

Posted By: BrennaBNot sure what I just (kinda) watched :))))) lololol

Something good!
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Apr 1st 2018

LOLLL I love Ghost
    I hated Ghost at first — thought they were hipster assholes.

But after a while I had to concede they (or Papa, really, as I think it's a one-man show, really) do some very interesting stuff.

And they add some theatrics and mystique to music, which has been long missing since perhaps the 80s.
    •  
    • Apr 2nd 2018

Posted By: Bedlam_in_TorontoI hated Ghost at first — thought they were hipster assholes.

But after a while I had to concede they (or Papa, really, as I think it's a one-man show, really) do some very interesting stuff.

And they add some theatrics and mystique to music, which has been long missing since perhaps the 80s.

Coming from BIT, this should be considered a raving review! : )
    Posted By: Bedlam_in_TorontoI hated Ghost at first — thought they were hipster assholes.

And they add some theatrics and mystique to music, which has been long missing since perhaps the 80s

THIS. Thought they were so stupid at first. Now I find them interesting and strangely enjoyable.
    Now, that's what you call a teaser!

I find the older pope looks cooler than the younger one if I'm being honest.
    • AC/DC rock music: Ron
    • Apr 3rd 2018 edited

Saw Ghost live last year and thought they were great. They aren't really doing anything Alice Cooper didn't do back in the day but there aren't many rock bands out there that give a shit about putting on a show as opposed to just playing a gig.
    •  
    • Apr 3rd 2018

Posted By: RonSaw Ghost live last year and thought they were great. They aren't really doing anything Alice Cooper didn't do back in the day but there aren't many rock bands out there that give a shit about putting on a show as opposed to just playing a gig.

Personally, I think Ghost's music is a lot better than Alice's. I hope the band continues to get bigger, as the shows will just get better.
    I like a couple of their songs, but Ghost is the latest trendy act. The Alice Cooper Group turned 50 years old a couple of days ago and their songs still resonate to younger audiences.

Let's wait and see where Ghost is 5 or 10 years from now.
    Posted By: BallToucherI like a couple of their songs, but Ghost is the latest trendy act. The Alice Cooper Group turned 50 years old a couple of days ago and their songs still resonate to younger audiences.

Let's wait and see where Ghost is 5 or 10 years from now.

There's been some buzz about Ghost for a couple of years now, so the time is ripe for them to make a statement with this new album.
    We'll see what happens. So far, so good.
    Posted By: Inferno
    Posted By: RonSaw Ghost live last year and thought they were great. They aren't really doing anything Alice Cooper didn't do back in the day but there aren't many rock bands out there that give a shit about putting on a show as opposed to just playing a gig.

Personally, I think Ghost's music is a lot better than Alice's. I hope the band continues to get bigger, as the shows will just get better.

They need to toughen up their guitar sound. The potential is there though.
    Thank you Jack B. Nimble for bringing this magnificent song to my attention:

• Apr 3rd 2018

This a fantastic song! BOC sounding song but fantastic!
    •  
    • Apr 3rd 2018

Posted By: mutt_langes_perm

They need to toughen up their guitar sound. The potential is there though.

I don't agree. I like the sound the way it is. Softer tone with the keyboards sounds great.

It will be tough to make a better album than Meliora, but I hope there are a couple of "hits", so that they can play some bigger arenas and really put on a good stage show.
    •  
    • Apr 3rd 2018

This was the first song that I heard. Sit back and crank this one!

https://www.vevo.com...
    •  
    • Apr 4th 2018

Now this is funny. The 8 Track for $35.00 is sold out.

https://bodega.lomav...

http://www.metalinje...
    Posted By: InfernoThis was the first song that I heard. Sit back and crank this one!

https://www.vevo.com...

I'd love to watch it, but I'm at work right now. :)
    Posted By: rideon77This a fantastic song! BOC sounding song but fantastic!

Great song. It would be nice if there were a couple of these type of songs on the new album. Love the main riff! Simple but catchy.
    •  
    • Apr 15th 2018 edited

Posted By: rideon77This a fantastic song! BOC sounding song but fantastic!
    ]

The heavy riff reminds of Symphony of Destruction.
    • Apr 16th 2018

I think it's pretty good. Not quite as good as Square Hammer, but decent nonetheless. I'm looking forward to getting the album.
    • Apr 16th 2018

I like a lot the new Song. Pretty good "Jake E Lee" sounding riff
    Seems like they're trying to be more mainstream.
    • Apr 16th 2018

Posted By: BallToucherSeems like they're trying to be more mainstream.
    Probably yes. But they always had that "pop" feel that I use to like a lot. Especially in the vocal harmonies . Very BOC to me
    • Apr 16th 2018

•  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Apr 16th 2018 edited

THE LOVELY EGGS..........THIS IS EGGLAND

• AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • Apr 17th 2018

Sweden rocks
    Posted By: Rajd07Sweden rocks

You can say that again!

I've been listening to the latest Night Flight Orchestra for a couple of months now, and last weekend, I couldn't get enough of "Raattsss!!!!"
    • AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • Apr 17th 2018

A great band and many songs to discover. Rats got a nice vibe of the eighties
    • AC/DC rock music: Kev1980
    • Apr 17th 2018

Papa Emeritangus can bring out a new album if he wants but don’t call it Ghost, I mean he’s the only original member left, he fired the original ghouls. Without them it’s just not Ghost. He should just shitcan his band and do a blues album instead.
    •  
    • Apr 17th 2018 edited

Posted By: Kev1980Papa Emeritangus can bring out a new album if he wants but don’t call it Ghost, I mean he’s the only original member left, he fired the original ghouls. Without them it’s just not Ghost. He should just shitcan his band and do a blues album instead.

Get back to us in 35 years and you may have a point. : )
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Treehorn
    • Apr 18th 2018

Eating a large slice of humble pie here. I got so fed up with Classic Rock magazine pushing Ghost at every opportunity that I cancelled my subscription.

Since this thread has been up, gotta say I'm coming round. Very catchy, poppy and what I've heard so far has been a succession of earworms. Might actually go out and buy an album which is a rare occurrence these days.

Meanwhile this is one chorus I can't stop hearing:

Fuck Ghost and their silly image of being evil....
    • Apr 18th 2018

The image stuff is just showmanship. Nowt wrong with a gimmick if the songs stand up.
    •  
    • Apr 18th 2018

Posted By: MeanstreakFuck Ghost and their silly image of being evil....

That was exactly what I thought in fairness.
    •  
    • Apr 18th 2018

Posted By: TreehornEating a large slice of humble pie here. I got so fed up with Classic Rock magazine pushing Ghost at every opportunity that I cancelled my subscription.

Since this thread has been up, gotta say I'm coming round. Very catchy, poppy and what I've heard so far has been a succession of earworms. Might actually go out and buy an album which is a rare occurrence these days.

Meanwhile this is one chorus I can't stop hearing:

https://youtu.be/Vqo...

I don't remember Classic Rock pushing Ghost, but I was without a subscription for several months, so maybe it was during that time. What I do remember them doing is praising The Darkness constantly. A band that I will never understand. Talk about silly.

Treehorn, you're not going to like next month's issue. : )

http://www.childreno...
    •  
    • Apr 18th 2018 edited

Posted By: MeanstreakFuck Ghost and their silly image of being evil....

You'd rather they be truly evil?

The music is good and they are fun to watch in concert. As I said before, their live show should only get better as they play bigger venues and have more money to spend on the sets. I'm looking forward to the next show.
    • AC/DC rock music: Mike206
    • Apr 18th 2018 edited

OK, well watched a couple of these ... Meh.
    This dude is visually interesting in a King Diamond sort of way, which I like .... but the music? Pretty nondescript, metal lite to my ears.
    And that Cirice track? I mean it's OK ... but the rift sounds lifted, why not go to the real thing?
    • Apr 18th 2018

Thats too tall an order. Nobody in metal is topping that Slayer riff for SoF. It's as important as Black Sabbath's , Black Sabbath.
    • Apr 18th 2018

Besides which, Ghost is meant to be compared with the likes of Alice Cooper or maybe Maiden, not Slayer or Anaal Nathrak.
    • Apr 18th 2018

I'm not saying they'll be "topping" Slayer, I'm saying that guitar riff in the song Cirice sounds like a ripoff of South of Heaven.
    • Apr 18th 2018

Sounds a bit more Opeth than Slayer to me.

Any musicians here? Are these tritones in these riffs?
    •  
    • Apr 18th 2018

Posted By: RonSounds a bit more Opeth than Slayer to me.

https://youtu.be/MDB...

Any musicians here? Are these tritones in these riffs?

Plenty of tritones all round in tunes mentioned here- South of Heaven, Opeth and Ghost too- the original 'Devil's interval'. Maybe the best known tritone aka the diminished 5th or augmented 4th in modern times is from the very opening of 'Black Sabbath', it has a creepy quality. Supposedly its use was banned hundreds of years ago when most music was written (in the west at least) to praise 'God'- although it's more likely it was avoided rather than banned.

What I find interesting about the tritone if we're getting really geeky is that if you divide the octave in half, the octave which is the most 'perfect' interval- if you bisect it exactly half way- you get this most disturbing interval, the tritone.

The octave can be divided equally into

Two diminished 5ths/augmented 4ths (two tritones) ie C-Gflat-C
    Three major 3rds ie C-E-G#-C
    Four minor thirds C-Eflat-Gflat-A-C
    Six tones C D E F# G# A# C
    Twelve semitones.

I could go on about this shit all night so figure I should shut up now.
    • Apr 18th 2018

You lost me dude ... sounds like you DO know WTF you are talking about tho.
    • Apr 19th 2018

Interesting stuff Treehorn.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Apr 19th 2018

As a veteran Download festival goer, I heard the vibe around what was supposed to be a stunning display they put on one year, so next time around, on the second stage, decided to check them out.

Was ok, but seen it all before and didn't really move me in any way.

Would give them another go at a festival to see if anything has developed, but not rushing to buy any records or tickets.
    • Apr 19th 2018

Slayer is the most overrated band ever. Worst guitar playing I've ever heard live from a Famous Band. If You want to hear great riffs in metal listen To Accept.

•  
    • Apr 19th 2018

I don't remember Classic Rock pushing Ghost, but I was without a subscription for several months, so maybe it was during that time. What I do remember them doing is praising The Darkness constantly. A band that I will never understand. Talk about silly.

Treehorn, you're not going to like next month's issue. : )

http://www.childreno...

Ha! They've definitely got some sway with Classic Rock... Although I guess as with the Darkness there don't seem to be many newer bands breaking through and making it big any more. (Not that the Darkness is a new band these days.)