To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

• AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Jun 12th 2017

Hi folks, as I mentioned already some time back I've got a band called Go! Go! Gorillo. So I decided to dedicate a thread to it, where I will occasionally post some news and stuff about it (just like Mati does with his band 42 Decibel). I hope you're not bothered. Well, we just released a new video today. Maybe you'll enjoy it. Anyway, here it is:

• AC/DC rock music: GShootin
    • Jun 12th 2017

Reminded me a bit of Webb Wilder for some reason

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Jun 12th 2017

I like it.
    Some vintage Pulp Fiction vibe to it.
    • Jun 12th 2017

Posted By: GShootinReminded me a bit of Webb Wilder for some reason

https://youtu.be/mBY...

I don't know if it was meant as a compliment but I'll take it as one ;-)
    I remember you all because you where one of the first to record with the SVDS replica from Fil.

I liked the single and the wild video you did at the time,need to look you up and check out the album!
    • Jun 14th 2017

Posted By: ThankassI like it.
    Some vintage Pulp Fiction vibe to it.

Thanks! Yeah, that kinda vibe is definitely there.
    • Jun 14th 2017

Posted By: nitroangus23I remember you all because you where one of the first to record with the SVDS replica from Fil.

I liked the single and the wild video you did at the time,need to look you up and check out the album!

That's true. I used a prototype of the replica that Franz lent me for the recording. The album is on iTunes, Spotify etc. If you like it and are interested in a physical copy just gimme a whisper.
    • Sep 1st 2019

My band Go! Go! Gorillo is about to release a new album – titled Taking Care Of Monkey Business – on October, 4. We will put out a couple of videos leading up to the release of the LP. First one (well actually it's the second one) is a lyric video for the song Soaring With The Eagles. I just uploaded it a few minutes ago. Give it a shot and tell me what you think (even if you don't like).

We already released a video for the title track back in May. The video itself may not be that interesting for people who are not speaking German and/or ar not familiar with Austrian politics because it takes a dig at a political scandal back in May that lead to the fall of the government (read here for more info: https://www.nytimes....

Liking that Rocco
    Sounds very good. Liked Soaring With The Eagles! Loved that video, is that from and old movie?
    That kicks ass man, I also dig Soaring With The Eagles
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Sep 2nd 2019

Posted By: nitroangus23That kicks ass man, I also dig Soaring With The Eagles

Yes, that video is an amazing piece of work! Fantastic job!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Sep 2nd 2019

Very good, catchy and professional sounding songs Rocco! Very cool video on Soaring.

I especially like Taking Care Of Monkey Business. Love the horns, the funk and the change of gear halfway through the song. It swings and kicks ass.

It all gives a good '70s vibe
    Not bad...

I first mixed it to Gogol.Bordello that I dont like at all. So a nice surprise.
    • AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Sep 2nd 2019

loved it. and not just saying that. its great !!
    • Sep 2nd 2019

Wow, I'm flattered! Thank you all for the kind words. Really makes me proud!

@Mati: The footage is some old public domain footage from the 60s or early 70s made by students of an American university.

@CliffFIN: That "not bad" coming from someone who admited he doesn't really like any new rock bands is, well, not bad ;-) Yeah, when we chose the band name we didn't really think about Gogol Bordello. But a few people have pointed it out over the years :-D Btw, I've happened to see Gogol Bordello live in 2006 or so and it was one of the best gigs I've ever seen. They were supporting Danko Jones at the time and I actually went to see Danko Jones and wasn't really aware of Gogol Bordello but they blew Danko Jones off stage.
    • Sep 17th 2019

We're releasing another video today. Well, it's a bit different than your usual rock'n'roll video ;-) Song's called Like Lucifer

Not my cup of tea but sounds very good and great production values!
    Good blues based rock, touching several time periods, but clearly a 1950's rock n' roll influence. Solo is psychedelic and sounds a bit like John Cippolina in the dissonant part.
    Don't understand how that muslim girl enters the picture though.
    Loving the Rosie reference in the Soaring with the Eagle video. Really digging the music Rocco.
    • Sep 19th 2019

Posted By: SpellboundLoving the Rosie reference in the Soaring with the Eagle video. Really digging the music Rocco.

Thanks dude! Are you talking bout the numbers on her teeth? Well, that would actually be a DDDDC reference. But tbh it wasn't intended as such. The footage we used for the video is from the 60s IIRC.
    Posted By: Rocco
    Posted By: SpellboundLoving the Rosie reference in the Soaring with the Eagle video. Really digging the music Rocco.

Thanks dude! Are you talking bout the numbers on her teeth? Well, that would actually be a DDDDC reference. But tbh it wasn't intended as such. The footage we used for the video is from the 60s IIRC.

Doh! Yep, I meant that.

It was cool either way. Might need to further analyze your tunes with extensive high volume testing in the car...
    • Sep 20th 2019

Posted By: matirockerNot my cup of tea but sounds very good and great production values!

Thanks man! We recorded it with a guy (Dennis Rux) who is a absolut wizard when it comes to recording. We did the backingtracks (drums, bass, rhythm guitar) live in a beautiful studio that is full of analog vintage recording gear. I then did pretty much all the guitar overdubs there, too. We recorded 11 songs in 6 days there (9 of which will be on the album that will be released in 2 weeks). Then we did another 3 days at Dennis' studio in Hamburg (Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Studios) where we recorded all the lead and backing vocals and another few guitar overdubs (the solo on Like Lucifer being one of them). Keys, percussion and horns where then added in Vienna later. Dennis then mixed it at his studio.
    • Sep 20th 2019

Posted By: MeanstreakGood blues based rock, touching several time periods, but clearly a 1950's rock n' roll influence. Solo is psychedelic and sounds a bit like John Cippolina in the dissonant part.

Gotta give John Cippolina a listen. Don't know him.
    Posted By: matirockerNot my cup of tea but sounds very good and great production values!

Thanks man! We recorded it with a guy (Dennis Rux) who is a absolut wizard when it comes to recording. We did the backingtracks (drums, bass, rhythm guitar) live in a beautiful studio that is full of analog vintage recording gear. I then did pretty much all the guitar overdubs there, too. We recorded 11 songs in 6 days there (9 of which will be on the album that will be released in 2 weeks). Then we did another 3 days at Dennis' studio in Hamburg (Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Studios) where we recorded all the lead and backing vocals and another few guitar overdubs (the solo on Like Lucifer being one of them). Keys, percussion and horns where then added in Vienna later. Dennis then mixed it at his studio.

That's awesome. We recorded Ranko's album in a similar fashion, but the backing tracks were done in 1 day and the guitar overdubs on the next one. We only had a weekend's worth of studio time with our budget, it was insane and very tiring but we pulled it off. Then I re-recorded some guitars another day in Nicko Cambiasso's (42 Decibel drummer) home studio, and also there we recorded vocals in 4 separate sessions.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Sep 20th 2019

Just getting to this thread. Some good tunes here! Nice work!
    • Sep 21st 2019 edited

Posted By: matirocker

That's awesome. We recorded Ranko's album in a similar fashion, but the backing tracks were done in 1 day and the guitar overdubs on the next one. We only had a weekend's worth of studio time with our budget, it was insane and very tiring but we pulled it off. Then I re-recorded some guitars another day in Nicko Cambiasso's (42 Decibel drummer) home studio, and also there we recorded vocals in 4 separate sessions.

Holy shit, that's insane getting all the backing tracks on tape (or hard disk for that matter) in one day. We couldn't have pulled it off in such a short time since we rearranged some songs on the fly in the studio on our producers suggestion which made the schedule we had pretty tight anyway.
    • Sep 21st 2019

Posted By: InfernoJust getting to this thread. Some good tunes here! Nice work!

Thanks!
    • Sep 21st 2019

Posted By: MeanstreakDon't understand how that muslim girl enters the picture though.

We couldn't get Mia Khalifa, so …

Holy shit, that's insane getting all the backing tracks on tape (or hard disk for that matter) in one day. We couldn't have pulled it off in such a short time since we rearranged some songs on the fly in the studio on our producers suggestion which made the schedule we had pretty tight anyway.

Yeah, it was insane, but we had rehearsed a lot and did a lot of preproduction so we went into it already knowing what to do. We did only 2 or 3 takes per each song and that was it.
    • Sep 21st 2019

Yeah, it was insane, but we had rehearsed a lot and did a lot of preproduction so we went into it already knowing what to do. We did only 2 or 3 takes per each song and that was it.

I think 4-5 songs we recorded were only rehearsed 3 or 4 times before we went into the studio :D funnily enough one of these (called Fake Blues) was done on the second take in the studio.
    42 Decibel was like that. We went into the studio with 1 song ready to go, 3 songs half finished, and just riffs and ideas to complete the album there on the spot. It was crazy and it drove me nuts, I did NOT like that hahaha, but yeah, we did a blues jam improvised on the spot that ended up being my favorite track of the album (we added lyrics later)