•  
      AC/DC rock music: juliaan73
    • Nov 16th 2016

His part starts around 1:05

Damn I miss this man
    • AC/DC rock music: ACDCnut
    • Nov 16th 2016

Pretty meh...

Think his voice is a little wasted on this song. I'll stick to listening to him with AC/DC :)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 42_39_56
    • Nov 16th 2016

I hope he doesn't retire. It's been great hearing his voice in the latest couple of songs he's been featured in. Still has a lot to offer. Thanks for posting!
    Brian still has it. Not his kinda song, so it may stick out a bit like If I Had a Hammer, but it's still there.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: MalGal
    • Nov 16th 2016

Enjoy that guys!!! Hope to see you all soon?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • Nov 16th 2016

For the record, I'd love to hear him put out a solo album along this vein with some more up-tempo tunes. Would be great. He sounds awesome in the chorus.
    •  
    • Nov 16th 2016

"Let's get a drink Greg..."

Love that.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Nov 17th 2016

Doesn't that sound a bit weird compared his vocals on ROB?
    •  
    • Nov 17th 2016

Posted By: JemDoesn't that sound a bit weird compared his vocals on ROB?

Totally different kind of rock n' roll. This is some Jersey Sound stuff right here :)
    Posted By: jonalba

Totally different kind of rock n' roll. This is some Jersey Sound stuff right here :)

No doubt RoB may have a had a little bit of frosting on them that they may not have here.........
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Nov 17th 2016

Very nice. I think Greg has a beautiful voice. Brian sounds pretty good
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Nov 17th 2016

I get the feeling he's singing closer to his natural current voice, rather than trying to be 80s Brian. He sounds great, shame about the song. I'm looking forwards to the inevitable solo album.
    •  
    • Nov 17th 2016 edited

Posted By: DustDevil

I get the feeling he's singing closer to his natural current voice, rather than trying to be 80s Brian. He sounds great, shame about the song. I'm looking forwards to the inevitable solo album.

Agreed. Not a big fan of the song but I love the fact he's really using his singing voice here and not just screaming it all out. I think he could really shine in a solo album!
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Nov 17th 2016

Posted By: DustDevilI get the feeling he's singing closer to his natural current voice, rather than trying to be 80s Brian.

Maybe, although to me he sounded very natural hollering out songs like Rock Or Bust on record. I think it's different live - much, much harder to do the 80s style. On record, he can still do all sorts of styles.
    Different Brian sound...good to hear his pipes are all OK.

Also proves despite the hearing loss he still can still record.

Despite recent debacle IMHO, if DC were to ever record again as Phil, Ang, Bri, Stevie and Cliff and not to tour (cos lets face it thats whats knackering them up in their older years)...i'd be happy with that as long as new material was good.
    • AC/DC rock music: Bushido
    • Nov 17th 2016

Sounds better in this ;)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOtxfj9kX9U
    • Nov 17th 2016

Posted By: Ace FinanDifferent Brian sound...good to hear his pipes are all OK.

Also proves despite the hearing loss he still can still record.

Despite recent debacle IMHO, if DC were to ever record again as Phil, Ang, Bri, Stevie and Cliff and not to tour (cos lets face it thats whats knackering them up in their older years)...i'd be happy with that as long as new material was goo

Agree with all that. Perhaps it's easier to say for those of us who saw them still in their power years, but I'd be delighted with another record even if no tour. Sadly that seems a very remote idea.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: JW147
    • Nov 17th 2016

Not a song that will change my life, but great to hear Brian. I really like him.
    • AC/DC rock music: CWT1965
    • Nov 17th 2016

Great to see Brian back

In the video at 1 min 05 there is a pic of Brian performing the song with Greg, he has no ear pieces in or anything, so it sounds like his hearing has improved significantly

Hope to see him back in AC/DC soon
    I must be getting old cos that sounded ok in a MOR/C&W sorta way
    • AC/DC rock music: GShootin
    • Nov 17th 2016

Not a great song but always good to hear Brian
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Nov 17th 2016

Posted By: carlos fandangoI must be getting old cos that sounded ok in a MOR/C&W sorta way

Lol, same thoughts here. And I like the lyrics. The line "You threw up in the sink, then proceeded to drink" is something I can strongly relate to.
    •  
    • Nov 17th 2016

Even if you don't like the song, hard not to smile listening to Brian here. That charm that so many of us complained about that was missing lately...all right here.
    • AC/DC rock music: gozone1
    • Nov 17th 2016

Posted By: CWT1965Great to see Brian back

In the video at 1 min 05 there is a pic of Brian performing the song with Greg, he has no ear pieces in or anything, so it sounds like his hearing has improved significantly

Those were just pictures from various times, he has played on stage with The Stranger Band and then Greg Billings many times. I think the song was recorded over the summer. Its Greg's music, Brian just helped out. Maybe Brian will show up tonight at the cd release party.
    • AC/DC rock music: mkberg
    • Nov 17th 2016

Just please make the phone call, Ang.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Nov 17th 2016

Posted By: mkbergJust please make the phone call, Ang.

I'm actually at the point where I'd rather that doesn't happen, and we get a Brian solo album instead.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Nov 17th 2016

For me Brian's voice outside ac/dc doesn't really do it for me.
    In ac/dc he is the fifth instrument that suits the music perfectly.
    In a b-rate Skynyrd type song like above, it loses the x-factor for me, especially with a low pitched voice.
    • Nov 17th 2016

The song's not so far removed from Rockin' All The Way, really.

Although, I'm not sure that can really be said as any form of defence :-D
    •  
    • Nov 17th 2016

I would absolutely clamor for a Brian solo album/tour. I'd be first in line. He's a masterful storyteller.
    • Nov 17th 2016

Posted By: gozone1
    Posted By: CWT1965Great to see Brian back

Those were just pictures from various times, he has played on stage with The Stranger Band and then Greg Billings many times. I think the song was recorded over the summer. Its Greg's music, Brian just helped out. Maybe Brian will show up tonight at the cd release party.

Good point, assumed it was recent

I would love to see Brian do a solo album of soul and blues covers, he really nailed The Midnight Hour, so versatile

•  
      AC/DC rock music: BallToucher
    • Nov 17th 2016 edited

Posted By: ThankassFor me Brian's voice outside ac/dc doesn't really do it for me.

Sometimes he sounds great, sometimes he doesn´t.

The thing with Brian, in his 30s or early 40s he could sing anything, as proven with Geordie. He was (still is, OK), a great singer, unique, very technical eventhough most people would say otherwise. Take any BIB song, the way he goes high as the sky and then goes lower, sometimes even on a same line? "If you're into EEEEEEEEEEEVIL!" Sometimes on the same fucking word! That's not easy task. BIB features the best rock singing EVER. Bite me.

But today, after decades, he's too stuck on the AC/DC way of singing. AC/DC and Brian Johnson was a match made in heaven, take the Youngs riffs away and most of the time he sounds flat to me.

And I fucking love Brian fucking Johnson, but that's the way I see it.

Oh, and that song is god awful.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Nov 17th 2016

Posted By: BallToucher
    Posted By: ThankassFor me Brian's voice outside ac/dc doesn't really do it for me.

take the Youngs riffs away and most of the time he sounds flat to me.
    Is this group out of FL? If so, I'll go see them, the odd chance Brian shows face.
    •  
    • Nov 17th 2016

Posted By: flattusmaximusIs this group out of FL? If so, I'll go see them, the odd chance Brian shows face.

Yup.

Here's their schedule. Wonder if Brian will show for one of the gigs.

Nov 17th @ 7PM Daquiri Shak for Boom Boom All Night Release Party SOLD OUT
    Nov 19th @ Buckets Tavern @ 9PM to Midnight
    Nov 26th one of our favorite joints– Uncle Fats Tavern 2 @ 9PM to Midnight.
    Wouldn't that be cool!
    Posted By: 42_39_56
    Posted By: flattusmaximusIs this group out of FL? If so, I'll go see them, the odd chance Brian shows face.

Yup.

Well shit thats is a little too short notice lol. Brian will be there FUCK.
    I enjoyed the song. Nothing special,but very good to hear the main man.

Still has a hell of a voice.
    Posted By: BallToucher

But today, after decades, he's too stuck on the AC/DC way of singing. AC/DC and Brian Johnson was a match made in heaven, take the Youngs riffs away and most of the time he sounds flat to me.

For me the same can be said of AXL outside of his own GnR music...sounded shite to me on the recent DC tour, like a peregrine falcon mating, yeah I know loads lapped it up, but it wasn't for me.

To be honest who can Brian sing with and not be hen pecked for not sounding right, other than DC, and even then he was sometimes hen pecked for not sounding right...

I'll see him if he has a solo UK tour thats for sure
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Nov 18th 2016

I don't I ever heard a song AC/DC or not were I didn't like Brian's voice. For me he is the guy who can sing anything and make a shitty song listenable just because of his voice and singing.
    • Nov 18th 2016

Agree, Rocco.

It's interesting how his vocals sound different with each passing era or recording. He sounds a little different on this one to anything else.
    • AC/DC rock music: gozone1
    • Nov 18th 2016

Posted By: 42_39_56

Yup.

Brian was not in attendance last night, everyone was hoping to see him, but he has kept a very low profile as of late. Greg Billing and Tom King are formerly The Stranger Band, they did quite well but never made it over the top, Brian has always supported them. Greg still plays a lot of songs from the Stranger days, check him out if your in the area and who knows Brian might show up. Stranger Swamp Women
    •  
    • Nov 18th 2016

Love this, by the way.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Nov 18th 2016

Does Brian still have a 'clean' gear? By clean I mean like the kind of singing he used to do on songs like Geordie's cover of House of the Rising Sun, in the opening anyway. Brian became very well known for his rough-toned wail with AC/DC and it was even there before that, but I'd like to hear the man do more of the aforementioned singing, if he still has that kind in him, because it would be really nice to hear him show off a bit more of his range.
    • AC/DC rock music: Mike206
    • Nov 18th 2016

I don't remember hearing this part of Rock the Blues Away…
    Brian is the man! So great to hear him. I'd love a compilation of all his stuff outside of AC/DC. They were just made for his voice but anything he sings, while not nearly to that level, is so enjoyable.
    • Nov 19th 2016

Greg is surprisingly good, downloaded the new album, dunno if it was a guest singer but Every Time I Roll The Dice sounded just like Bon
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Ian Sane
    • Nov 19th 2016

Good to hear Brian on something new. Robin Zander from Cheap Trick appears on this new Greg Billings Band album too.
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Nov 19th 2016

Posted By: CWT1965Greg is surprisingly good, downloaded the new album, dunno if it was a guest singer but Every Time I Roll The Dice sounded just like Bon
    Yes he got a Bon's touch in his voice
    Still amazing
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Angusboom
    • Nov 20th 2016

Always loved Brians lower register as he got older.

Couldn't help but think Brian was singing these lyrics to Angus, lol.
    "Old friends don't come easy, sometimes they don't come at all"