To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: ACDCnut
    • Mar 2nd 2016 edited

http://www.southwest...

A piece of rock legend history is up for bid in Southwest Florida: a signed bass guitar played by Cliff Williams, AC/DC bassist and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer. The Music Man Stingray Bass signed bass guitar is one of Cliff’s preferred basses, he has used this very instrument (serial number BOO8629) for both recording and touring since 1977. It is one of only five basses that he has played on tour and in the recording studio, and the only to be donated.

"If you desire a one-of-a-kind experience, look no further! You can become the owner of a signed bass guitar played by one of the legends of rock, Cliff Williams, bassist for the world-famous rock band and American Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, AC/DC. In addition to this rare item, you will also receive a beautiful piece of custom jewelry created by international award-winning and Southwest Florida’s favorite custom jewelry designer, Mark Loren. The pendant is reversible and frames an AC/DC, Cliff Williams personal guitar pick featuring 18k yellow gold, black diamonds, yellow diamonds & blue sapphires. The opportunity of a lifetime awaits!"

Trying to find out how much it went for.
    • AC/DC rock music: ACDCnut
    • Mar 2nd 2016

Went for $140.000 !

The bids for AC/DC bassist Cliff Williams' guitar were already well over $100,000 when Dave Copham swooped in and nabbed it for $140,000.

As one of the Southwest Florida Wine & Food Fest trustees, he felt obligated. He'd personally asked Williams to donate a guitar he plays on tour to the annual fundraiser.

It turned out to be the biggest prize of the night.

"I promised if he did, it would go for a lot of money," said Copham, who attended the festival and auction with his wife, Cheryl. "What the hell, it's only money."
    Posted By: ACDCnutWent for $140.000 !

The bids for AC/DC bassist Cliff Williams' guitar were already well over $100,000 when Dave Copham swooped in and nabbed it for $140,000.

As one of the Southwest Florida Wine & Food Fest trustees, he felt obligated. He'd personally asked Williams to donate a guitar he plays on tour to the annual fundraiser.

It turned out to be the biggest prize of the night.

"I promised if he did, it would go for a lot of money," said Copham, who attended the festival and auction with his wife, Cheryl. "What the hell, it's only money."

HOLY FACK!
    That sounds like a friend using it as a write off, which is totally fine, especially for charity; and, what a reward too!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: SHOO23L
    • Mar 3rd 2016 edited

Nice that the money goes to charity, but kind of a dick move toward real fan bidders considering that he'd probably planned to buy it all along and using a charity as a way to pry a bass away from Cliff to add to his collection.
    I'm relieved to see that it wasn't his Miami Sound Machine bass from 1983. So, I still have a chance for that one.
    Posted By: mutt_langes_permMiami Sound Machine

Wasn't that bass used as firewood by 1984?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Mar 3rd 2016

Saved for you MLP. Get it while you can!

[Link to eBay item]
    Posted By: ThankassSaved for you MLP. Get it while you can!

[Link to eBay item]

Very expensive bass.
    Does anyone know who played 1973 Gibson EB-3 short scale.
    I bought the bass from their manager Bill Joseph around 1990.
    It was given to him by the boys when they got their 1st gold album.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Mar 6th 2019

Posted By: pencilheadDoes anyone know who played 1973 Gibson EB-3 short scale.
    Uhh, Cliff during the FOTW videos. If that is your question..
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Mar 6th 2019 edited

Posted By: pencilheadDoes anyone know who played 1973 Gibson EB-3 short scale.

I also remember seeing pics of George Young playing one in early 1975 before Mark Evans joined the band.

This is from a gig from January 1975 at the Hard Rock Cafe in Melbourne:

• AC/DC rock music: Drew1999
    • Mar 6th 2019

Holy crap, I can't imagine being able to just spend $140,000 on a guitar.
    I would never pay that kind of coin for an instrument that only plays eighth notes.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jet1984
    • Mar 7th 2019

Posted By: Bedlam_in_TorontoI would never pay that kind of coin for an instrument that only plays eighth notes.

LOL!